Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The "Smaller" Pokemon States

GGRules!

I was wondering, do you the Smaller Pokemon states have a fair chance since they only get 2-3 CC's?

I would imagine that States or Regionals could even that out, but to get an invite nowadays, do you HAVE to travel to other states?

MD gets exactly 3 CCs. Yes, it is hard. >_>

Oh goody, we get 4/5 is if you count driving down to VA. If we drive over 4 hours we may get up to 6.... -_-

RI got 2 of the 10 CC's being run by the PTO of Greater New England.

We've always been travellers. NEers have been travellers. I know MAers who have attended every 1 of these CCs so far (and some even went to one in lower NY). Some NHers have also been to many.

We'll be attending only 5. Another RI family will be attending 8 or 9.

Matters not how small the state is, but how many are around your location.

RI got 2 of the 10 CC's being run by the PTO of Greater New England.

We've always been travellers. NEers have been travellers. I know MAers who have attended every 1 of these CCs so far (and some even went to one in lower NY). Some NHers have also been to many.

We'll be attending only 5. Another RI family will be attending 8 or 9.

Matters not how small the state is, but how many are around your location.

Thats what the problem with MD is. MD isn't much smaller than VA, yet it gets less than half the CC's VA gets...

And can someone PLEASE tell me why the heck FL and GA get so many? :/

Something should really be done to even this out a little.

Thats what the problem with MD is. MD isn't much smaller than VA, yet it gets less than half the CC's VA gets...

And can someone PLEASE tell me why the heck FL and GA get so many? :/

Something should really be done to even this out a little.

It really is the number of PTOs/TOs in your area running events. In GA for example, there will be 3 different TOs and 1 PTO running some CCs. They just happened to coordinate for the wonderful marathon during the holidays.

Bottom line, get your TO(s) more active OR get more Profs to bc TOs.

Keith

It all depends on several things.

1) Not all TO's can run BR / CC events - you must be qualified at a higher level than just a TO status.

2) Not all League locations want them to begin with - hard to believe, I know - but some Leagues enjoy being for fun and non competitive.

3) Scheduling sometimes makes it that the venue simply cannot host the event. 40 minute matches are great for players, but suck for some venues. Also, venues have other games to work with too.

There are other reasons too. Some of the Leagues in my area are just to hard to work things out with, or they just flat never respond to the event offers.

In Nebraska, we had events until our PTO quit in the beginning of 2007, and he never handed over the reins to anyone, so I have had to travel to Ames or Kansas City to play in events.

I would like to take over, but I won't be in Nebraska much longer as I head off to grad school in the fall.

Thats completely counterproductive. Then HE can't play in those tournaments he hosts.

Its all about "me" is it?? If everyone had that attitude, there would be NO events, bc everyone wants to play. You do what is BEST for the good of the game. MANY MANY people make sacrifices to allow MANY others the chance to PLAY.

Next time you see your area PTO/TO/LL/Judge, thank them for what they do! Without them, you have ZERO events!

I played in my first santioned premiere event in 2 years this week in GA. I had a blast. (I was rusty too LOL) I made sure to thank each TO and Judge at the event, bc that is where I am all the time.

Think about this though, if 2-3 Profs bc TO eligible, and say they each get an event to run, they could run 1 and play in 1-2 more themselves! A win/win situation for all!

Keith

Its all about "me" is it?? If everyone had that attitude, there would be NO events, bc everyone wants to play. You do what is BEST for the good of the game. MANY MANY people make sacrifices to allow MANY others the chance to PLAY.

Next time you see your area PTO/TO/LL/Judge, thank them for what they do! Without them, you have ZERO events!

I played in my first santioned premiere event in 2 years this week in GA. I had a blast. (I was rusty too LOL) I made sure to thank each TO and Judge at the event, bc that is where I am all the time.

Think about this though, if 2-3 Profs bc TO eligible, and say they each get an event to run, they could run 1 and play in 1-2 more themselves! A win/win situation for all!

Keith

The problem is that I wouldnt be able to do CC's, which would be the entire point of it. I have been considering becoming a TO so I can hold small local tourneys, but since they dont count for rating points it hardly helps the situation. :wink:

Guys! Stop complaining. You haven't seen my situation. YES! Being in a small state sucks. Combine having 2 CCs in a year with having 1 other SR in the state, and you get my situation.

I NEED to travel to get anything points wise. States evened me out last year, however. Even so, I already had a few points from traveling to florida.

The problem is that I wouldnt be able to do CC's, which would be the entire point of it. I have been considering becoming a TO so I can hold small local tourneys, but since they dont count for rating points it hardly helps the situation. :wink:

Well, Gary Warren (Granddaddy) and Greg Wyman are only TOs and they run CCs in GA as part of the GA Marathon! I know they arent the only 2 TOs in the USA running CCs. Try again! Once PUI knows you, see you running small tourneys, you may get a CC next year! You never know until you try and then ask. What is the worst POP can say? No?

Keith

I've had 1 tournament in 5 years within an hour of me. Every other tournament has been 2.5-5 hours away. People in some places of California have it just as bad or worse. There's always someone that has it worse.

Lawman- He pretty much describes why that wouldn't help his situation. Of course if you'd like to see more tournaments being run you could attempt running them yourself, but if you want to PLAY in those tournaments it doesn't help.

I realize that TO's/LL's/ect are doing something unselfish when they host a tournament, and I am thankful for that.Its just not the answer to getting your rating up, which is what DarthPika is wanting.

Lawman- He pretty much describes why that wouldn't help his situation. Of course if you'd like to see more tournaments being run you could attempt running them yourself, but if you want to PLAY in those tournaments it doesn't help.

I realize that TO's/LL's/ect are doing something unselfish when they host a tournament, and I am thankful for that.Its just not the answer to getting your rating up, which is what DarthPika is wanting.

AHHH, so someone ELSE needs to make that scarifice. The "me" generation speaks up again! :nonono:

Actually, reread what Darth wrote. He thinks TOs cannot run a CC. That is wrong. Look to GA for the truth. Greg and Gary cannot be the only 2 TOs in the USA running a CC.

Keith

I am a lowly TO and I run 2 BRs and a CC every year. I can do more if needed, but so far the area has not needed the extra help.

Back