Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Streak Continues: Super T-Tar's third report

supertyranitar

During this whole week, I was completely unsure as to what to play. Nothing seemed to really work, so I just decided to play one of my most trust-worthy decks that I had: MetaNite.

Before I know it, Saturday hits, and it's time to head out. On the way to the place, we saw some furniture on the road. ON THE ROAD OF ALL PLACES! Redneck furniture ftw. So, when we get there, I'm greeted by many good friends, and fill my sheet out, play a couple games, and then it's time for the big event.

Round 1: Craig A. (Gardy ex d/Altaria ex d/Fearow d)
Well, this wasn't too hard on my part. I got a fast set up, getting out t1 Metagross, and t2 Dragonite, and just setting up from there. He wasn't able to hold off the fast set up, and I pulled this game.

1-0

Round 2: Hunter J. (I believe Flygon.)
This wasn't too hard of a game. I simply had Latios ex d out, he has Feebas. He forfeits due to not having anything.

2-0

Round 3: Will V. (MetaNite)
Well, it went back and forth in a way. I was getting a little afraid from the set up I was doing. But, I get a mentor, and get Latios* out, and start powering it up, ready for when a Meta would've been sent up. Eventually, we both set up, but I've got somewhat of a better set up. He ends up only taking one prize, while I take all of mine.

3-0

Round 4: David M. (RaiEggs)
Man this match wasn't easy. So he second, me first. I have two options, get a Meta t2, or get a bench. I get meta out, and KO an early Pikachu. I'm able to Delta Control, but it isn't helping me much. Meanwhile, I'm looking at what I'll have to deal with, and I'm not likin' it. So, I get a Dragonair ready on bench, trying to draw a Drag. Meta goes down, and so I send in a Beldum, and top deck a Dragonite, play it, and have free retreat and pretty much am able to take the game from there.

4-0

Round 5: TJ C. (Flygon ex/Altaria ex)
Well, this game was quite fun. We both set up rather fast, but his little BF is annoying me. But, I draw into my counter stadiums, and we go back in forth of hitting one another. Eventually though, I'm able to grab two prizes via a latios * for game.

5-0

So I make it into top, at First place. I was amazed to even go 5-0, but it's all good. Now, time to move to the top 8.

Round 1: JynxFett (Jennifer A.)

Game 1: She got one energy the entire game, and I got set up VERY fast. So the game ended quickly.

6-0

Game 2: She got no pokemon this time around, so the game ends once again, very fast.

7-0

Round 2: Josh R. (Sally ex/Tyranitar d/Cargo)

Game 1: He gets little to nothing, and I'm able to set up. He concedes a little into the match.

8-0

Game 2: He gets little to nothing again, and I "m just over here settin' up. So, this one also ends pretty quickly.

9-0

Game 3: James W. (Super Stantler)

Game 1: This game didn't go too long, but it still made it's time. So he gets a late set up, which saves me big time due to a semi-fast set up. I'm able to win this, though it wasn't easy. @.@

10-0

Game 2: This game went on for the longest time. We're both just hammering at one another. But, he starts with Stantler, and just gets at my trainers early. So I'm sittin' there, trying to set up still. I'm able to bring it to two prizes, but he wins this 'bout.

10-1

Game 3: WHEW! This one was interesting. I start with Latios*, he with Cubone. I go first, and play lightning to Latios*, and do 10. Eventually, he gets a Maro up, and I get set up fast as well. I KO his Maro via Latios*, and he sends in Stantler. Soon, time runs out with me not even really realizing how little time we had, and we're tied on prizes. So, I send in Meta d, and end the game.
11-1

GG'S MAN!

So, my third metal is claimed, and man I was tired. I get some sleeves and a new deck box from the store, and it's time to head out soon after.

Props:
The great event!
Seeing the TN crew again.
The Perkins.
Demon Baby
Tom winning his 4th metal.
James for doin' well, and the games he gave me.
Tati for makin' second.
Josh for makin' top 4.
More to come, I'm sure.

Slops:
Josh for not gettin' anything. =(

That's all I can think of when it comes to all that. So, that's the report folks, enjoy.

supertyranitar said:
During this whole week, I was completely unsure as to what to play. Nothing seemed to really work, so I just decided to play one of my most trust-worthy decks that I had: MetaNite.

Before I know it, Saturday hits, and it's time to head out. On the way to the place, we saw some furniture on the road. ON THE ROAD OF ALL PLACES! Redneck furniture ftw. So, when we get there, I'm greeted by many good friends, and fill my sheet out, play a couple games, and then it's time for the big event.

Round 1: Craig A. (Gardy ex d/Altaria ex d/Fearow d)
Well, this wasn't too hard on my part. I got a fast set up, getting out t1 Metagross, and t2 Dragonite, and just setting up from there. He wasn't able to hold off the fast set up, and I pulled this game.

1-0

Round 2: Hunter J. (I believe Flygon.)
This wasn't too hard of a game. I simply had Latios ex d out, he has Feebas. He forfeits due to not having anything.

2-0

Round 3: Will V. (MetaNite)
Well, it went back and forth in a way. I was getting a little afraid from the set up I was doing. But, I get a mentor, and get Latios* out, and start powering it up, ready for when a Meta would've been sent up. Eventually, we both set up, but I've got somewhat of a better set up. He ends up only taking one prize, while I take all of mine.

3-0

Round 4: David M. (RaiEggs)
Man this match wasn't easy. So he second, me first. I have two options, get a Meta t2, or get a bench. I get meta out, and KO an early Pikachu. I'm able to Delta Control, but it isn't helping me much. Meanwhile, I'm looking at what I'll have to deal with, and I'm not likin' it. So, I get a Dragonair ready on bench, trying to draw a Drag. Meta goes down, and so I send in a Beldum, and top deck a Dragonite, play it, and have free retreat and pretty much am able to take the game from there.

4-0

Round 5: TJ C. (Flygon ex/Altaria ex)
Well, this game was quite fun. We both set up rather fast, but his little BF is annoying me. But, I draw into my counter stadiums, and we go back in forth of hitting one another. Eventually though, I'm able to grab two prizes via a latios * for game.

5-0

So I make it into top, at First place. I was amazed to even go 5-0, but it's all good. Now, time to move to the top 8.

Round 1: JynxFett (Jennifer A.)

Game 1: She got one energy the entire game, and I got set up VERY fast. So the game ended quickly.

6-0

Game 2: She got no pokemon this time around, so the game ends once again, very fast.

7-0

Game 1: He gets little to nothing, and I'm able to set up. He concedes a little into the match.

8-0

Game 2: He gets little to nothing again, and I "m just over here settin' up. So, this one also ends pretty quickly.

9-0

Game 3: James W. (Super Stantler)

Game 1: This game didn't go too long, but it still made it's time. So he gets a late set up, which saves me big time due to a semi-fast set up. I'm able to win this, though it wasn't easy. @.@

10-0

Game 2: This game went on for the longest time. We're both just hammering at one another. But, he starts with Stantler, and just gets at my trainers early. So I'm sittin' there, trying to set up still. I'm able to bring it to two prizes, but he wins this 'bout.

10-1

Game 3: WHEW! This one was interesting. I start with Latios*, he with Cubone. I go first, and play lightning to Latios*, and do 10. Eventually, he gets a Maro up, and I get set up fast as well. I KO his Maro via Latios*, and he sends in Stantler. Soon, time runs out with me not even really realizing how little time we had, and we're tied on prizes. So, I send in Meta d, and end the game.
11-1

GG'S MAN!

So, my third metal is claimed, and man I was tired. I get some sleeves and a new deck box from the store, and it's time to head out soon after.

Props:
The great event!
Seeing the TN crew again.
The Perkins.
Demon Baby
Tom winning his 4th metal.
James for doin' well, and the games he gave me.
Tati for makin' second.
Josh for makin' top 4.
More to come, I'm sure.

Slops:
Josh for not gettin' anything. =(

That's all I can think of when it comes to all that. So, that's the report folks, enjoy.

WTG Buddy! Just keep knockin' them out!

supertyranitar said:
11-1

GG'S MAN!

Yeah we both forgot there was no time left... but dont forget to mention both gross and dragonite were in ohko range. i was ready to start smashing...lol but yeah that was an intense match.

Dang Mike you just keep knockin' em' dead...gj. :=) If we make it to Seveirville hope to see you there. Check out my deck ;)

supertyranitar said:

8-0

9-0
Fun fact: It took Mike longer to type that up than it took to play either of the actual games. Castform start FTW!

GJ Mike!

WRG Mikey! You are our Man! Nice Job!

It was great to see you & the family!

Give Tracey my biggest XXXOOO and tell her I am cuddling Skitty-Pillow! :tongue:

zina

& Merry Christmas 2...!

GJ Mike! Will see you guys in Sevierville for our end of the year blast! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Keith

Mike awesome job this weekend!!! There was some extremely tough competition with very good players. Probably the toughest CC yet in the Carolinas. Keep the streak going and good luck at the next one.

Its a Super Secret, Super Effective, Super Special, 100% original deck, which will be posted at the end of cities...(i was going to post it today, but several team members told me not to)

Back