Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"The Stream Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabd

So, read http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=155682 and saw this:

As many of you know, Pooka and Ness have been streaming Pokémon TCG Online games for a while now. I believe this has been one of the greatest ideas someone has come up with to promote the growth of the game. So let me start by thanking both Jason K. and The Top Cut team for their great work and dedication to our beloved game.

However, they can’t stream 24h a day and even though every stream gets automatically recorded, many players around the world won’t be able to watch them live and interact with them. We can’t possibly make them stay up all night to try and please everyone so I decided to join the fun and bring that experience to those who can’t catch their streams.

My name is João Lopes (DialgaDeafen on PTCGO). Most of you won’t recognize me right away since I play for about 3/4 years and have been to worlds only twice which is almost nothing compared to those two professionals of this game that I mentioned above. However, I’m not that bad of a player and I’m sure I can provide some good entertainment for my audience.

I’m making this especially for Europeans like me who won’t be watching Pooka and Ness often but I welcome everyone around the world to come and join us!

Expect some good music along commentary on my decisions and game plans. I will also feature some fun decks (inspired by Pooka’s Bad Deck Monday) and take suggestions on which songs shall I had to the stream playlist (for example, so far someone has suggested and even dared me to play only MLP music. Might do that someday)

I’ll be streaming every other day at around 10PM GMT here: http://pt.twitch.tv/diamondlopes/. Every stream gets automatically recorded so you can watch them even if you missed the live stream.

I’ll post on my facebook and update this thread when I’m about to start the stream.

I’m sure I can speak for Ness and The Top Cut team when I say that our sole purpose is promoting the growth of this game that we love while providing a fun experience for every Pokémon fan. I believe that if we cooperate we can make it bigger than it ever was. That’s what makes this community so wonderful.
Also I invite everyone to join our “stream team”. Imagine if we had someone, somewhere streaming at anytime of the day? It is possible and the community would benefit so much.

You can find The Top Cut stream here: http://thetopcut.net/stream/ and http://twitch.tv/thetopcut.

You can find Jason Klaczynski's stream here: http://www.justin.tv/jasonklaczynski

Thanks to all of those who have, in some way or another, helped to promote Pokémon. You inspire me. I hope to see you all in my stream.

So what the heck, I'm in. I'm playing Yanmega/Magnezone and Blastzel and sometimes a bit of Tyram. The matches are recorded individually, then paused, and resumed, so that each match can be found at the "recordings" section listing what deck was used and what deck was faced. I don't know exactly how often i'll be able to stream, but i'll for sure be providing content that contains metagame decks.

You can find my stream/saved videos at http://www.livestream.com/cabdstcgocorner

Please keep content PG, I'd rather this be a more kid-friendly stream.

Thanks to Ness, Pooka, and Mr. João Lopes for keeping the momentum going.

~Cabd (Blarger on TCGO)

Edit: In case anyone was curious about the deck lists:

Yanmega/Magnezone said:
Pokemon:
3-3 Yanmega Prime
1-1-1 Kingdra Prime
1 Pachirisu
1 Tyrogue
1 Cleffa
3-2-3 Magnezone

Trainers/Supporters:
3 Junk Arm
4 Judge
1 FSL
1 Seeker
1 Max Potion
2 Pokemon Catcher
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Copycat
2 Switch

Energy:
2 Rescue Energy
3 Rainbow Energy
8 Lightning Energy

Blastoise/Floatzel said:
Pokemon:
3-2-3 Blastoise
3-3 Floatzel
1-0-1 Kingdra
1 Manaphy
1-1 ESL

Trainers:
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
1 Revive
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
1 Burned Tower
1 Fisherman
3 Twins
4 Professor Oak’s New Theory
4 Pokemon Collector

Energy:
9 Water Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

Tyram said:
Pokemon
3 Cyndaquil HS
2 Ninetales HS
2 Quilava HS
3 Reshiram BW
3 Typhlosion Prime HS
2 Vulpix UL
2 Zoroark BW
2 Zorua BW

Trainers:
1 Burned Tower
2 Cheren
1 Energy Retrieval
3 Junk Arm
1 Max Potion
2 PlusPower
4 PONT
1 Catcher
3 Collector
3 Communication
1 Reversal
2 Candy
1 Revive
1 Switch
1 Twins

Energy:
11 Fire Energy
3 Rescue Energy

Last edited:
This is exactly what I wanted: people joining our "Stream Team" so we can entertain people and promote the game! Thank you cabd for getting on board.

This is good entertainment and a great way to get the comunity together. All these channels poping up will definetly help the growth of our game.

I also like the way you are doing the streams so that we can watch the recorded matches individualy. Some variety and originality always helps.

Remember folks, everyone is invited to join us! Even if you can’t or don’t want to stream you can help us by spreading this information as much as possible. With more people watching the streams they become more entertaining and the game gains more popularity. I know people that started playing after watching some of these streams. If we cooperate we can only get further.

My only regret is my lack of Internet at home so I can't join in. Thanks for doing this, guys. I'd love to see a sticky in the Online TCG forum listing the streams of the various players doing this.

Plan on doing this as well, still need some more cards. Maybe I should start trading but I cant wrap my head around the trading system. Have 4 Zone 5 collector 3 donphan though.

I used to be a video games streamer for big audiences. We had a charity for Red Cross once. Unfortunately I still dont have the cards for a deck on PTCGO yet. When I do, I'll be giving this a shot.

To anyone seriously looking to join the stream team, I have some extras of staple T/S/S. I'd be more than willing to allow you to borrow them until you get your own copies, to advance the number of people that can stream at a given time.

Mods, can you move this thread to TCGO by any chance? I think that we should move all the stream posts there, and then perhaps sticky a list of streamer links post? Sounds like it'd be easier that way.

I wish I could be a part of it, but I don't buy online codes nor do I get them, so I have nothing online.

Name me in. I am mainly serving for those in the Asia/Pacific region. Between 7PM AEST and midnight, which is 4AM EDT til 9AM EDT.

To anyone seriously looking to join the stream team, I have some extras of staple T/S/S. I'd be more than willing to allow you to borrow them until you get your own copies, to advance the number of people that can stream at a given time.

Mods, can you move this thread to TCGO by any chance? I think that we should move all the stream posts there, and then perhaps sticky a list of streamer links post? Sounds like it'd be easier that way.

I think I got most of my TSS together, its playable Pokemon I'm lacking. I have like...a single Gatr Prime, an Amphy Prime, and and an Absol Prime, only one of which is really all that playable, come NV anyway. Cool offer tho bro.

hello,

i want to stream as well, but i still need some cards. i have some questions:
Do you have to pay anything for the stream (own3d, justin, twitch ect) ?
Pros/cons of every stream (own3d, justin, twitch) ?

hello,

i want to stream as well, but i still need some cards. i have some questions:
Do you have to pay anything for the stream (own3d, justin, twitch ect) ?
Pros/cons of every stream (own3d, justin, twitch) ?

Justin/Twitch TV are the same site, Justin TV has just seperated all their gaming channels onto 1 site to better help the Gaming section. As for streaming, you'll need something to capture your desktop, whether it's XSplit, FME, SCFH, there's really options you can use, but they can be hard to set up.
As for "own3d", i've never heard of it.

The service I use is rather simple to set up. You download a program called "procaster" from livestream.com and then install it. It then connects to the account you create, and does the uploading and recording for you, all you need to do is tell it what part of your screen to capture, and which sound to capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back