Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the true T1 deck(hl-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecdecs

pokemon 11
4 eevee(uf)
3 umbreon ex(playing 3 just incase if prized)
3 espeon ex(playing 3 just incase if prized)
1 vaporeon (UF)

trainers 33
4 mary request
4 tvr
4 admin
4 space center
4 pokemon reversals
4 energy removal 2
4 super scoop up
2 suprise time machine
2 pokemon retriever
1 warp points

energy 16
4 multi
4 dark
4 psychic
2 boost
2 warp

reason why i have reversal in the deck is because since im going to be using eevee's power to evolve for 1st turn i cant use umbreon ex power so im using pokemon reversals. i know its a really flippy deck(im azn so i get alot of heads lol). Vaporeon is there to counter safe guard pokes. boost for the T2 kill of basic pokes. space centers to counter mt moon and frontier. energies are pretty even so i can choose who i want espy or umby, i like the multi, im debating on if i should make those rainbows.

Last edited:
lol saw my deck thread did yea :p
Mine can still be t-1 some of the time....
I say you still need a thrid Surprise TM and at least 1 more Warp Point...and great balls would work well to get eeveE <--- look i spelled it backwards lol
otherwise If you only start with a single eevee and it gets KOed or if you do evolve it then you still only have the one and nothing backing it up....+ eevees power does not let you use espeons/embreons powers....I guess espeon's wouldn't work for t-1 but u get the point....
Edit:
I'll sum everything up
+3 Great Ball
+1 Surprise TM
+1 Warp Point
-1 TVR
-1 PK Reversle
-3 ??? this one is up too you...

Last edited:
sdrawkcab said:
lol saw my deck thread did yea :p
Mine can still be t-1 some of the time....
I say you still need a thrid Surprise TM and at least 1 more Warp Point...and great balls would work well to get eeveE <--- look i spelled it backwards lol
otherwise If you only start with a single eevee and it gets KOed or if you do evolve it then you still only have the one and nothing backing it up....+ eevees power does not let you use espeons/embreons powers....I guess espeon's wouldn't work for t-1 but u get the point....
Edit:
I'll sum everything up
+3 Great Ball
+1 Surprise TM
+1 Warp Point
-1 TVR
-1 PK Reversle
-3 ??? this one is up too you...

i might try the great ball thing sounds pretty good

Last edited:
It would lessen your ability to pull a T1 Stage 1 by about 20% but UF Smeargle could speed up Multi Burn, especially with Flareon (but you don't have it in your deck so its irrelevant).

I still don't like Espeon ex, and I only like Umbreon because its Psychic resistant. Power Root on Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon is just as good, if not better than either of the 2 ex, but that's my opinion. Weighing -20HP vs. an extra prize card, I'm leaning towards the small guns. Especially when you consider the fact that you'll never be using Espeon's power, which is half the reason its worth playing. Although Espeon ex and Vaporeon do a good job of covering Umbreon ex's weakness so they do have a place in the deck.

I like Vaporeon and Flareon, because they can take on two of your biggest challenges in the next format (Typhlosion and Scizor ex). Espeon ex should beat Medicham easily (especially if you play T1 like this) so perhaps you should consider those 3 as your Eeveelutions. Jolteon is Metal resistant so perhaps you should look at that as well.

Regardless of what you choose to put in, I'd go with 4 S!TM because that will give more ability to attack with your opponent's weakness or at least avoid being weak to your opponent.

If you dropped the 2 ex, you could add 4 DRE for a possible T2 50+a condition.

Its a serious stretch but if you added 4 Strength Charm you'd be able to T1 KO Jirachi, which would be a guranteed W against most T2 decks.

Just some thoughts, like I've said before, the possibilities with this deck are endless and the potential to win games early is a great asset. Which reminds me, I'd consider dropping R. Admin. I know it helps if you can evolve Espeon but other than that specific situation, I don't see a need for it. That would free up 4 Supporters and speed up the deck. By speed of course, I do not mean faster than T1 but the ability to play more cards each turn and utilize more of your deck.

You're a smart guy, you'll figure something out.

EDIT: I shouldn't say I don't like Espeon ex. Its a playable card and I would play it myself if I had it, its just not the "OMG!! That is broken, I'm gonna get pwnd and ownd and ubered to death!!" card that people see it as.

EDIT: Also, I've mentioned it before but running more than 1 Stadium type will almost gurantee that your opponent plays a counter-stadium, thus increasing Espeon ex's attack. :thumb:

Last edited:
Why does the turn1 matter in this deck anyway? lol.
I mean the Espeon EX couldn't even attack first turn... but hey that's not the point... it's still a turn 1 deck isn't it?
BTW, maybe you could use a Few Counter Stadioms..... cuz don't the eeveE evolutions have 110 hp?
correct me if I'm wrong... cuz I haven't seen much of the new set.

Last edited:
Burninating_Torchic said:
just FYI, Vaporeon will never be able to get the bonus on Multi attack thing, it needs 3 types of BASIC energy.
True and that does eliminate the possibility of T2 50+ condition. Multi allows for any Eeveelution to be pulled out so I'd still say keep it unless you get a consistant energy draw. Plus, all three of the "lesser" eeveelutions have their first attack which gets a basic energy. Energy Search might actually be viable, despite how terrible it is.

I like this deck idea when i heard of Espeons powwer i knew i wanted it in a deck but i thought that since the great ball is goin out i thnk anyway not sure but id add like Elms training Method or maybe Jirachi (DX) cuz it can get exactly wut u need

Hi tecdecs,

Vaporeon does no more than 20 damage total due to the low number of basic energies and the absense of variety in them. It also does not increase the energy attachment speed since the first attack is restricted to basic energy cards too. Instead of four reversals three Elm would be much better. this still enables a turn one Umbreon but leaves the other for gust effects. It makes the deck a lot more reliable.

with vaporeon its 1st attack is for me to attach more psy energy, his 2nd attack i dont care about the 3 type boost i just want it to kill safeguard pokes in 2 hits.

jirachi would slow this deck down

Hi tecdecs,

Not with a total of four basic energy cards since Vaporeon cannot attach non-basic energy cards. In case vaporeon cannot be used turn one the attack is useless and the deck does not have the resources to fuel its second attack.

I would choose one of the Eeveelution Ex and include two classic Eeveelution cards to assist them. Works faster and more consistent in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back