Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Theme deck needs tweaking (On budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud9

Hi guys. Me and my friend decided to start playing again and we each bought ourself a theme deck. He got he Electivire SW deck. He wants to try basing his deck for this season around this one, and tweak it to become a semi-good deck. He also dosn't want to spend to much money on this deck, so please keep deck fixes within range (dont go splashing out on 4 TSD and many Lv.X pokemon). All help is kindley taken.

Original list:

4 Elecabuzz SW
1 Electivire SW
4 Mareep SW
2 Flaafy SW
1 Ampharos SW
4 Phanpy SW
2 Donphan SW
4 Voltorb SW
1 Electrode SW
3 Stantler SW

2 Roseannes Research
2 Prof. Oaks Visit
2 Pluspower
2 Potion
2 Energy Search

16 Lightning energy
8 Fighting energy

For changes, i was thinking about keeping Electivire and Ampharos, and try basing the deck around them. I know Electivire is good with Magnezone Lv.X, so he will be trying to get one of them. For starters, this is the list i came out with:

1-3-2/1 Electivire SW/Electivire DP
3-2-3 Ampharos SW
2-2 Bronzong MD (Spread and covering weakness)
1-1 Claydol (2-2 If he can get)
4 Stantler

4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Professor Oak's Visit
3 Rare Candy
3 Pluspower
2 Warp Point

10 Electric Energy
5 Psychic Energy

Strategy would be to start spreading some damage with Ampharos' body and attack, spread some more with Bronzong, and kill whats left with Electivire DP with recycled energies.

Any thoughts?

At home I took out the Amprose and based the deck only on Donphain and Electrode ... mostly as a baseline test deck. The two work well together though.

Looking at the second proposed list I would do the following:
1. Get rid of the Vire line. It's a distraction I think
2. Increase Bronzong to 3-3 or 4-4
3. Stantler isn't bad but see about replacing one or more of him with
_a) Jirachi
_b) Chatot
4. See if you can get him any Call Energy.
5. If you can’t get a second Claydol then see about putting one or two Uxie in the deck. Uxie lv X would be great too … but probably outside of budget.

That would leave you with a Pokemon line something like this

Pokemon (20)

3 Jirachi / Stantler
1 Chatot

3-2-3 Armprose

3-3 Bronzong

1-1 Claydol

Trainer wise I would go with something like this

Trainers (25)

4 Bebe’s
3 Roseanne’s
4 Professor Oak’s Visit
4 Professor Rowan
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
3 Rare Candy
3 Poke Ball / Poke Radar / Quick Ball

Felicity’s gets you cards but the deck doesn’t have any synergy with things in the discard without Vire. Overall getting cards in hand and pokemon out become more important with the thin Claydol ine.

Energy wise

6 Lighting
5 Psychic
4 Call

Even if you can’t get the Call Energy you need to lower the amount of lighting energy and increase the amount of other stuff like Psychic or even other colorless stuff like Health Energy. Amprose only needs 1 Lighting and, especially if you are discarding that to spread damage, you benefit by having the other two be something else.

Thanks for the help. I'll talk to him if he really wants the Electivire, or if he wants to go Amphyzong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back