Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

theme decks for SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will when I get home. I'm pretty certain that the rulebook comes with both PCD lists.

I do know parts of the T-tar one.

4-2-1 Ttar
4-2 Staravia
4-2 Machoke (I think)
2 Bagon

2 Cynthia
1 Luxury
2 Potion
2 Switch
2 Energy Switch

13 Dark (HUGE)
11 Fighting

I know the secondary line in the Gyarados one is Sceptile, and both decks come with a Luxury Ball.

Thanks bullados! Wow 13 dark that is big news! and 2 cynthia and 1 luxury that's equally big i wonder what the 2nd rare pokemon in the t-tar deck is?

I just checked. It's not a 4-2 Machoke in the deck. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what exactly that line is. I know everything else in there is correct. 4-1 Skuntank, I remember that now.

But I don't have the box with me, and the rulebook doesn't have the lists in it. It does say:

Rulebook p26 said:
Tyranitar comes with an attack worth of the deck's name -- using Energy Search and Tyranitar's own Darkness Drive Poke-Body, it's possible to get all the energy attached to it that you need to do some serious damage! Plus, cards like Great Ball and Luxury Ball, as well as Cynthia's Kindness [sic] with its drawing power, will help you get that rampage started even faster!

And here's the blurb for the Gyarados deck:

Rulebook p24 said:
The Raging Sea theme deck uses Water-type Pokemon like Gyarados and Abomasnow to overwhelm your opponent. Though it starts out a little slower than some other decks, it balances this out with Grass-type Pokemon that have lots of solid effects, like removing damage counters or moving Energy around, to hold the storm at bay until you're ready to unleash your wave of attacks!

Plus, one of the cards that the rulebook suggests is Lumineon, which it wouldn't suggest unless Finneon is in the deck.

So, here's what we know about the decks thus far:

Dark Rampage:

4-2-1 Ttar
4-2 Staravia
4-1 Skuntank
4-? Machoke
2 Bagon
= 24 (?) Pokemon

1 Luxury Ball
2 Cynthia
2 Energy Search
2 Potion
1/2 Great Ball

13 Dark
11 Fighting
= 24 Energy

There might also be:
1/2 Marley
2 Energy Switch
2 Switch

Raging Sea:

Pokemon:
4-1 Gyarados
4-1 Abomasnow
4-2-1 Sceptile
2/4 Finneon

Trainers:
1 Luxury Ball
2 Mom's Kindness

Some mix of Grass and Water energy

Anybody got the boxes from these things? Thx for the help!

I will when I get home. I'm pretty certain that the rulebook comes with both PCD lists.

I do know parts of the T-tar one.

4-2-1 Ttar
4-2 Staravia
4-2 Machoke (I think)
2 Bagon

2 Cynthia
1 Luxury
2 Potion
2 Switch
2 Energy Switch

13 Dark (HUGE)
11 Fighting

I know the secondary line in the Gyarados one is Sceptile, and both decks come with a Luxury Ball.

If T-Tar comes with all of that AND Great Ball, I am definately picking up one.

well i know we can add the standard 2 potion 2 energy search to the Gyardos deck, every theme deck has them. So anyone else have more info to add?

Last edited:
Complete deck lists:

Dark Rampage
1x Tyranitar
2x Pupitar
4x Larvitar
1x Staraptor
2x Staravia
4x Starly
1x Skuntank
4x Stunky
4x Machop
2x Bagon
2x Energy Search
2x Potion
2x Cynthia's Feelings
2x Energy Switch
2x Great Ball
1x Luxury Ball
13x Dark Energy
11x Fighting Energy

Raging Sea
1x Gyarados
4x Magikarp
1x Sceptile
2x Grovyle
4x Treecko
1x Abomasnow
4x Snover
2x Bibarel
4x Bidoof
2x Finneon
2x Potion
2x Switch
2x Mom's Kindness
2x Energy Switch
2x Dusk Ball
1x Luxury Ball
15x Water Energy
9x Grass Energy

Huh. Staraptor. I didn't get that cuz I was trying to find a Holo that was Nonholo in the PCD, like Sceptile. Can't believe I didn't find that one, tho. I was commenting all weekend about how Staravia's attack was FAR better for Limited than Staraptor's ever would be. Bench damage rawks.

My deck list completion program has all DP-on theme decks. Go here to see them:

http://pokegym.net/decklist/samples.html

BTW, I typed up these theme lists by looking at deck list on the back of all the theme deck boxes. I had to guess on a few of the basic pokemon when there were more than 1 version in the set. Please let me know if I was wrong.

Yah, Steve's program prints them out in the following smooth fashion:

Raging Sea Theme Deck

Pokemon
1 x Gyarados
4 x Magikarp
1 x Sceptile
2 x Grovyle
4 x Treecko
1 x Abomasnow
4 x Snover
2 x Bibarel
4 x Bidoof
2 x Finneon

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
2 x Potion
2 x Switch
2 x Mom's Kindness
2 x Energy Switch
2 x Dusk Ball
1 x Luxury Ball

Energy
9 x Grass Energy - Basic
15 x Water Energy - Basic

Dark Rampage Theme Deck

Pokemon
1 x Tyranitar
2 x Pupitar
4 x Larvitar
1 x Staraptor
2 x Staravia
4 x Starly
1 x Skuntank
4 x Stunky
4 x Machop
2 x Bagon

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
2 x Energy Search
2 x Potion
2 x Cynthia's Feelings
2 x Energy Switch
2 x Great Ball
1 x Luxury Ball

Energy
11 x Fighting Energy - Basic
13 x Darkness Energy - Basic

Be sure to go to the sample lists and check the card numbers if you opened a Theme Deck at a Pre-Release. Also, if there are any errors, you can report them to Steve in this topic about his program.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I had to give a demo of the boss format of his text format listings, while (again) answering the original question. See this thread to discuss SteveP's Decklist Creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back