Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Third and Final Presidential Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew*

Well it's going on right now, and has been for about 40 minutes, yet no thread. So I figued I'd start one.

This has been an interesting debate, and I agree with all of Obama's points and really think he is truly winning this so far.

Particularly how McCain is against "spreading wealth" seems ridiculous to me. Poor old Joe Plumber.

Discuss.

Spreading wealth is another phrase for Communism. Obama is just plain stupid and is only where he is now because of the color of his skin (No Offense). He still is though a Communist. Also he is not even African American, he's Hawaiian. Anyway I don't even watch the debates because I already know who I'm voting for (McCain FTW). Plus I don't want to hear all of the Political crap that we hear on the news and the waste of my time political ads.

In an effort to help keep this thread as bash free as possible, I am going to avoid responding and bashing other people (unless you say something blatantly stupid...).

I'm mostly interested in what both of their plans to reduce our dependable on foreign oil is, since being dependent on a country so clearly hostile as Saudi Arabia is is just plain UNACCEPTABLE.

Spreading wealth is another phrase for Communism. Obama is just plain stupid and is only where he is now because of the color of his skin (No Offense). He still is though a Communist. Also he is not even African American, he's Hawaiian. Anyway I don't even watch the debates because I already know who I'm voting for (McCain FTW). Plus I don't want to hear all of the Political crap that we hear on the news and the waste of my time political ads.
If you listen to the debates you'd realize that he is not "just plain stupid." He can respond very intelligently ot every topic and question in my opinion. Are you saying his skin color gives him an advantage? Because I don't see that at all. Well, anyway his ethnicity has nothing to do with the debate anyway.

So how is helping the middle and lower class spreading communism :confused:

I have to say that this is by far the most substantive debate of the three. I LOVE this moderator! In my opinion, he should have done every single debate.

In an effort to help keep this thread as bash free as possible, I am going to avoid responding and bashing other people (unless you say something blatantly stupid...).

I'm mostly interested in what both of their plans to reduce our dependable on foreign oil is, since being dependent on a country so clearly hostile as Saudi Arabia is is just plain UNACCEPTABLE.
Well, McCain often talks about nuclear power, and in this debate I believe he said he wants to see 43 new nuclear power plants which I find to be very risky and not the way to energy independence. We need to find new sources of energy, and that is something John McCain has voted against time after time.

Well Obama was against Offshore Drilling which would help lessen our dependence on foreign oil sooner than developing alternative fuel sources for cars also the second option would cost the average American more in the short term. Though I agree that we should develop alternative fuels we should also expand our domestic oil production. If we don't get the oil off our shores some other country will and then we will be where we started. Overall Obama is poor choice for this day and age.

I have to say that this is by far the most substantive debate of the three. I LOVE this moderator! In my opinion, he should have done every single debate.
Have to agree with you there; he is doing a great job keeping them on track and having a real debate full of information. Maybe it's because they're all sitting so close together?

If you listen to the debates you'd realize that he is not "just plain stupid." He can respond very intelligently ot every topic and question in my opinion. Are you saying his skin color gives him an advantage? Because I don't see that at all. Well, anyway his ethnicity has nothing to do with the debate anyway.

I don't agree with the other points but I can tell you exactly how he's going to 'spread the wealth'. He wants to cut taxes for everyone making less than $250k a year. He'll then raise taxes on anyone making more than $250k a year. So he's essentially taking money from the wealthy and giving it to the middle class.

Agreed, this guy is awesome

Well, McCain often talks about nuclear power, and in this debate I believe he said he wants to see 43 new nuclear power plants which I find to be very risky and not the way to energy independence. We need to find new sources of energy, and that is something John McCain has voted against time after time.

I support Obama, you are really talking down the wrong person <_<

Yeah drmario, and that's exactly what I want. It's the middle class that is suffering, and we need to help them. I think people making a quarter-million dollars or more will be able to make through fine.

Look at the past where President Herbert Hoover was for protecting the wealthy and hoped for the wealth to trickle down... needless to say that failed. But when Franklin Roosevelt came in and helped those in need and created new programs and jobs, things started heading in the right direction. We need to learn from history and use it effectively.

I don't agree with the other points but I can tell you exactly how he's going to 'spread the wealth'. He wants to cut taxes for everyone making less than $250k a year. He'll then raise taxes on anyone making more than $250k a year. So he's essentially taking money from the wealthy and giving it to the middle class.

Exactly. Hence the name commonwealth.:thumb:

What bugs me about Obama is that he loves to talk about how women should have a choice. What he doesn't realize is that the 'choice' starts well before a women wants to abort her baby.

Sad to say this but alot of people I know have said that they are voting for because of that. Just wikipedia Russia and look what happened to them after they want along with using Communism. In theory it is really effective and actually works, but only works in very low numbers.

Nuclear power isn't actualy very risky at all, and it's no were near as bad as it's make out to be.

Yeah drmario, and that's exactly what I want. It's the middle class that is suffering, and we need to help them. I think people making a quarter-million dollars or more will be able to make through fine.
I think you mean us. :tongue: If not then feel free to send me some money.:wink:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

He is great. He's been cutting off the future President all night.:lol:

Last edited:
Bob Schieffer is the mod of the debate and he is doing a good job. I liked the Qs about "negative" campaigning and would either candidate be willing to call the other (to their face) what some of the ads have said. I also liked the VP Q. IMO, both sides were kind to the other in that response. I would have swung a little harder, doesn't matter the side.

I am watching CNN live w/ an active scroll of uncommitted Ohio voters. Anyone else following the trend that the women seem to love Obama's responses and the men are tracking McCain much better than the women. Sure, some Qs, Obama gets great responses from men too, but he seems to be carrying the women better. Guess the Palin choice isnt working there for McCain.

Keith

The Debate

I can't believe McCain didn't at least attempt to do good this time around. I guess he wants to lose the election?

I mean Obama destroyed him on every issue - healthcare reform, education, energy, his own association with ACORN and Ayers and made McCain look like an old fool.

GG McCain.

Oh well I already started a thread about the debate.

But I agree that McCain failed to pull off any real game changers. It will be interesting to see how the debate effects the polls.

I'd say the whole Obama for tax cuts for the middle class will help him and McCain's support of the wealthy will hurt his numbers.

Bob Schieffer is the mod of the debate and he is doing a good job. I liked the Qs about "negative" campaigning and would either candidate be willing to call the other (to their face) what some of the ads have said. I also liked the VP Q. IMO, both sides were kind to the other in that response. I would have swung a little harder, doesn't matter the side.

I am watching CNN live w/ an active scroll of uncommitted Ohio voters. Anyone else following the trend that the women seem to love Obama's responses and the men are tracking McCain much better than the women. Sure, some Qs, Obama gets great responses from men too, but he seems to be carrying the women better. Guess the Palin choice isnt working there for McCain.

Keith

I also noticed that.

I also noticed that whenever McCain mentioned Palin the men's response went to the roof.

Are men in Ohio having "wet dreams" about her? ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back