Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

This post now has important NEWS for those who bought "Heros" that was missing a card

UncleBob

Well, they can, but I'd be banned in about twelve seconds.

Before I have a tempertantrum, I'd like to clarify something.

"Pokémon Heros" on DVD has two cards included with it. Promo #14 Latias and Promo #15 Latios. Correct?

Hurry up and answer. Meanwhile, I'll be working my stabbing.

Last edited:
*looks at cards in hand* yep...

Let me guess, the copy you bought didn't have the cards? Did it have the sticker saying there were cards inside on the shrinkwrap?

And since this really isn't TCG News, moving down to the RTC...

'mom

Last edited:
Actually, this is news, as someone who is buying the DVD might be expecting both of the cards to be in there. I'm sorry you don't seem to care if people know about this or not.

My copy came with a red envelope. Inside the envelope was Promo #15 Latios and a card advertising the TCG.

Personally, I'm quite upset about this. The last two e-Cards that I'm needing and I buy a $20 DVD for them only to get gypped. Any clue as to whom I should e-mail about this?

Last edited:
UncleBob:

I will share with you, the same sceniero happened to me, my assessment is that two promo cards
were as part of a first run shipment of the DVD.

Prosperous Regards,

Marsh Schneidau
(aka Skywolf1)

I bought the DVD the day it came out, and the cards were in a white envelope, as I recall.

I'm sorry that you think I 'don't care'; I'd guess that most people who really wanted the cards made sure they bought the DVD as soon as it came out, since one never knows when offers like this end.

And actually what I care about is making sure that topics are in the correct forums; please feel free to contact another mod or administrator if you disagree with my moderation.

'mom

Last edited:
I'm not going to debate your staggering ability to move/lock topics. That's not the issue here, even though I find it something of interest the number of times that I see threads moved/locked with you as the last post. (Strangly enough, the original intent of this post was much like http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=3399, a post on the news board that was not moved.)

The point is, this movie is a mere two months old (two months and five days, to be exact). Saying that you don't care about something just because you don't rush out and get it is bull. I purchased my copy based upon the ad ran in Nintendo Power Volume #177 (page 27) that clearly states that there are two game cards inside. This ad says nothing about a limited time offer or while supplies last.

I wanted to weigh my options and see if there was another way that I could manage to get the cards without having to purchase a movie that I'll never watch. I made this decision based upon the fact that the ad stating the two cards were included did *not* say it was a limited time offer.

Last edited:
Two things:
1. You can contact either PUSA or the producer of the video. I'd suggest the producer of the video. It's their responsibility to deliver the product they promise. I remember back when the first movie came out and the soundtrack was supposed to contain a Jigglypuff promo and many did not (and that was a hot card back then!). WotC pointed all complaints to the CD's producer and they did in fact take care of those that had problems.

2. Mom's name is on the bottom of a lot of locked topics because, surprise, she's doing her job!
She just gets to them before anyone else. They'd be locked by any one of the mods in most cases.

3. And she didn't lock this. Just move it. Take it easy.

Three things! Three!

Signed, the Spanish Inquisition

Thanks `Pop. I guess it just irks me because I went through the effort to post this message in the first place (not only to find out if anyone else has had this happen, but to make sure others knew). I took time out of my day (not that I had much else to do) to post something that I felt was important to the community just to get told that it's just not important enough to warrent a post in the "news" section. I know 'mom is just doing her job and all... it's just that I (and by two different e-mails I received, apparently I'm not alone in thinking this) think sometimes it goes a little overboard... But I digress, that's the last I'll say on the subject.

I've already sent a message to Miramax via their online feedback form. I'm going to give it a few days and see what comes up from it... Thanks for your reply and time. :)

Oh, btw, could a mod please lock this ('mom should be able to take care of that pretty quick), as I don't want it to turn into a bash/hate thread or such... Thanks. :)

Why? It's still a valid topic for discussion. Seems at least one other person has had this problem.

Oh, and somewhat on-topic, there are lots of the DVDs and some VHS of the movie on eBay which specifically state NO PROMO (my auctions included ;))...

They made it on VHS???? I couldn't find one of those anywhere. My nephew would've liked it on VHS as he has a VCR in his room. Had to settle for DVD so he can only watch it in his living room whem Mom & Dad let him.....

I believe they have it on VHS on Amazon.

There are a few possibilities here:

1. It was a miscollation
2. It was a second printing and the extrass were reduced.
3. They ran out of #14s

I think my brother's friend had the same thing... He gave me all his promos and I asked where Latias was. He asked "What are you talking about?". I told him that the movie included two promos. He only had gotten one, so I gave up arguing... I never win, especially against little kids and special ed. kids! ;)

Last edited:
BJJ763 said:
They made it on VHS???? I couldn't find one of those anywhere. My nephew would've liked it on VHS as he has a VCR in his room. Had to settle for DVD so he can only watch it in his living room whem Mom & Dad let him.....

Actually, I'm selling off the extras I bought (for the promos) on eBay. Still have one left.

I found them at Walmart.

Okay. I went ahead and called Nintendo, just to make certian (since it'd be awhile before I'll ever get a reply from BV/Miramax.

The lady I spoke with was *wonderfuly* helpful. Asked me some questions and gave me an address to mail some particulars into NoA in order to receive my missing card. We then chatted a bit about card collecting in general...

*This* is why Nintendo's number one... talk about customer service. Heck yeah.

If you (honestly) received a Pokémon Heros video that was missing a card, I highly reccomend giving them a call. However, don't try to rip 'em off.. .that'd just be mean. :(

Back