Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thoughts on this combo deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalwalltcg

The other day i was looking at some of the decks that have been going well in the regionals that has gone on so i put this deck together as a combination of some of the best cards in those decks (with a few early additions, you will see in the list), but let me know what you guys think and if i should add or change anything. Thanks!

Pokemon
3x Zubat PHF
3x Golbat PHF
2x Crobat PHF
3x Mienfoo FFI
3x Mienshao FFI
3x Seismitoad EX FFI
1x Manectric EX PHF
1x M Manectric EX PHF
1x Hawlucha FFI

Trainers
4x Level Ball AOR
1x Ultra Ball ROS
1x Manectric Spirit Link PHF
1x Team Flare Grunt XY
2x Lysandre FLF
2x Switch ROS
2x AZ PHF
1x Enhanced Hammer PHF
4x Professor Birch's Observations PRC
4x Rough Seas PRC
1x Steven ROS
1x Super Scoop Up FFI
1x Hex Maniac AOR
1x Pokemon Center Lady FLF
1x Professor Sycamore PHF
1x Professor's Letter XY
1x Assault Vest (BREAKthrough)
1x Brigette (BREAKthrough)
1x Robo Substitute PHF

Energy
2x Lightning
5x Fighting
3x Double Colorless

A few things here;

1. Your deck has 61 cards, which is 1 more then the required 60 needed for a legal deck list
2. When using unreleased cards in a deck list, you are required to post exactly what the card(s) does somewhere in your post
3. When posting a deck list, you are required to post the strategy of the deck so we can get you the correct help you're looking for

As for what your deck is looking to do, adding a mashup of good cards doesn't always make for a good deck. You have a lot of 1 of-cards, meaning you'll have a hard time getting any of the cards you want to see. While this isn't required of you, its easier to post trainers cards in a Supporter/Item/Stadium format so its easier to see.

I concur with vaporeon with regards to the 1 of-cards. You are going to have a hard time finding those 1 of-cards. Also, when you say "going well in regionals" do you mean make top 8? I have competed in the recent Arizona regionals Masters and I have been following the top decks from the Autumn regionals. I haven't seen any Mienshao decks or M Manectric decks in the top 8 of the regionals. The decks that have won 1st place at regionals are Yveltal/Darkrai, Vespiquen/Flareon, Seismitoad/Crobat decks. Also, it looks like your deck is in the standard format, the regionals have been in expanded format. Maybe you should be looking more at popular standard decks instead of regional decks that have been doing well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back