Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Three States Reports

Bobby

Date: March 3rd
Deck: Metanite

Round 1 vs. Mason B (Gardy ex d/Ttar ex d)
Umm, I won t2, candy Meta DX kills ralts :(
1-0

Round 2 vs. Lane C (Swampert ex/Every pokemon that needs a lot of energy)
This game was... interesting. He used Wishing Star for a million turns while I set up everything. I was gonna be cute and set up a Sceppy to shut off the swampert I saw coming, but I prized the Treecko. Oh well. He had all kinds of stuff set up, a Charizard d, a Raichu PK... you get the idea. So I loaded 3 metal on a metagross so Charizard couldn't nuke me and I went crazy on his pokemon. I just took down 6 in a row. GG
2-0

Round 3 vs. Matt K (Crapidos)
I get a really nice setup, he has the eevee and topdecks a mentor (which says "I topdecked this mentor") and goes for the set up. I draw into the Sceppy the turn before he goes Flareon pwnage on me, so he's shut off. He spider traps some beldums so skarmory can hurt 'em, but I run away anyway and just let them take the damage. I have like two of each stage 2, so I win pretty easily. GG matt.
3-0

Round 4 vs. Curran H (Eggs)
My start is ehh, I have castform and mentor, so I go for 2 dratini and a beldum, etc etc, except I'm seriously debating using DD or attaching to Tini, since I have a nair in my hand. I go for delta draw and it pays off with a researcher. By turn 3 I have Draggy ex out using Deafen, so I have about 3 turns to get set up and use my powers before he takes it down. He makes it a game but he can't recover from the loss of trainers and giving me so many turns of powers. GG
4-0

Top 4 vs. Ryan S (Exact mirror)
Game 1: He gets a setup and murders me. GG
Game 2: I get a setup and I'm about to murder him, but then he goes aggro agility and hits a heads. Then another one. Then four more. >.> So after that he's managed to stall for like half an hour with agility, at one point the judge comes over and decides his dice are weighted :tongue: if we weren't friends I would have been MAD, but eh, I used like one flip with em, so oh well. I now have a picture of Ryan on my wall with the word GOD written on it :D anyway I STILL win this game with about 45 seconds left.
Game 3: Sudden death, I can't pull off a fancy KO and he takes the first prize, it's sudden death, GGs.

3rd/4th vs. Mason B (Gardy ex d/Ttar ex d)
Yeah... I was worried because this somehow beat Elissa in swiss, so I just prayed for any started besides Holon's Voltorb.
Game 1: ....I lost. I got a meta DX and couldnt finish off the gardy, or get anything. GG
Game 2: Apparently you can use Wally to get the stage 2 from a basic by evolving on the same turn. UGH. Luckily I actually got Sceppy this game so his imprison didn't exactly work. I just did some Latios* magic and won this game.
Game 3: Same as game 2 pretty much, except I prized the sceptile, so I sat on my evolutions and took out the gardy with one attack from Os*. GGs

So I get 3rd, Matt wins and Ryan gets 2nd.

Date: March 4th
Deck: Eggs

Round 1 vs. ??? (Suped-Up Theme Deck)
He took a prize on me cuz he hit a heads on Pokeball and got an Arbok t3. I won shortly after. GG
1-0

Round 2 vs. Vincent B (Crawdunt ex/Fossils)
Ooooh boy. I've played him before so I was expecting a horrible matchup between Flygon ex LM and Crawdunt ex, so I was relieved to see that there was no flygon and there were fossils instead. I started with Pikachu and just kind of started hitting a Claw Fossil. He plays no windstorm so Zzzap beat up some Corphish and fossils, and I had a Chu+DRE+Rage ready for when he killed some eggs with Dunt, so I got the OHKO. GG
2-0

Round 3 vs. Someone decent whose rating was 1767.96 at the time. (IDR)
I don't remember anything about this game but I won.
3-0

Round 4 vs. Elissa H (Metanite)
I took control early with a good delta draw set up, her setup was also pretty good. This was your typical Eggs vs Metanite game, pretty much evenly matched. At the end I have a Quagsire in hand with the scramble, and she's bringing up the Sceptile to KO something as time is called. She wins by time. Elissa + Time beats me again! :tongue: I don't know if I would have won tho cuz I would have went to one prize, so who knows.
3-1

Round 5 vs. Curran H (Eggs)
Ugh, I make it a game, but my start was SOOOOO bad. I think I got one eggs the whole game and he just killed me. GG anyway.
3-2

Top 8 vs. Elissa H (Metanite)
We have to stop meeting like this.
Game 1: Umm, she makes it a game but her start was like, SO bad. Ugh. I win, gg.
Game 2: See game 1 :(
I feel so bad, rofl

Top 4 vs. Curran H (Eggs)
Game 1: This takes a long time, it's pretty much even, but he doesn't see my tech cards coming so I get out of some tight spots. It comes down to 2-1 his favor on prizes i believe, and he decides to attack with Quagsire to save a Raichu. I made a nice play and realized I had a cursed stone in my hand, so I played it and Zapped, so I got a prize off that, and could use my other Raichu + DRE to kill a pokemon for my last prize. GG
Game 2: I win faster than the first game. His start was crap. Sorry :(

Top 2 vs. Orion C (Destiny)
Game 1: I have no idea what I'm doing but I get it to 1-1 prizes. Long story short, I won if my last eggs jr wasn't prized, which it was. GG.
Game 2: I draw all 4 DRE and no evos.

2nd! yeehaw.

Date: March 10th
Deck: Flygon

Round 1 vs. Random (States Wartortle.dec)
I win.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Another random I think
I win.
2-0

Round 3 vs. Orion C (Destiny)
I lose on misplays if I remember correctly.
2-1

Round 4 vs. Abby (Salamence ex/Magcargo)
She attacks me a bunch with Shelgon, then I get Flygon ex d up and sweep. GG.
3-1

Round 5 vs. Garret F (Exact Mirror)
He got a horrible start and like, candied into a vibrava T1. Sorry :(
4-1

Top 4 vs. Orion C (Destiny)
Game 1: This game is soooo complicated, if my prizes didn't suck it would be easier but oh well. I won by using snap tail with mew* then killing a Celebi ex next turn. GG
Game 2: Time!

Top 2 vs. Ryan S (Exact Mirror)
Game 1: I get a super fast setup and he gets a slow one. He brings it back quite a bit, but I win with a well timed rare candy delta supply attack FTW.
Game 2: I started with Chimecho. GG
Game 3: I started with Latias. GG

PROPS:
-Randy Miller. He saves me from cheat codes!
-Lightning Energy.
-Zach.
-Tourette's.
-Burger King Crowns
-DANIEL BOONE!
-Everyone else I can't remember
-My mom for driving
-KYLE SABELHAUS. THREE STATES.

SLOPS:
-Ryan's mad skillz.
-Ryan's cheat codes.
-Elissa's stalling skillz.
-Netting only 8 points for states.

Last edited:
OK fine people, I'll do props and slops. Ihu.

Moza- ihu most, UGH! But not really. <3
Jeremy- I gained a whole 8 points from states =/
Zach- You're my heroooooo. Send me that pic.
FS- Kyle > Me, but ilustill.
Omar- did you schedule the wedding yet?
Everyone else- Thanks!

Back