Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Time-Space Quickitune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napoleon

Well, everyone knows that Quickitune is one of the fastest decks out there. And lots of people play it with many different variations on cards. So do I.

Quickitune
Pokémon: 8

4x Kricketot
4x Kricketune

Trainers: 38

4x Quick Ball
4x Celio's Network
3x Night Maintenance
3x Island Hermit
3x Great Ball
3x Castaway
3x Crystal Beach
2x Steven's Advice
2x Copycat
2x Team Galactic's Wager
2x Roseanne's Research
2x Warp Point
2x Cessation Crystal
2x Strength Charm
1x Scott

Energy: 14

14 Grass Energy

....Is what the archetype is. But what if?

Imagine this. You are playing Quickitune against Magmortar. You have already had 3 Kricketunes knocked out. You only have 1 left. You used all your quick balls/roseannes's/celio's to set up. Your opponent's Magmortar has 80 health left. What do you do? Well, Night Maintenance is going to do a whole lot of good for you isn't it? NO. You will have to try to luck out with TGW. So what can you do? Nothing.

I think that TSD is much better to play. Of course, using Night Main as well is good to combo with quick ball, but what if? There are many situations where TSD is better than Night Main. I think that you could drop the two Steven's for 2 TSD's.

What do you think?

TSD is better than Night Maintance. You need to get the Krickeots back ASAP to continue doing 80 a turn.

with that in mind,
-3 Night Maintance
+3 TSD

Lol, as I kept mentioning in my one article, if you have TSD, use it. Many people don't/can't afford it, which is why I advocate Night Maintenance instead for general use.

It's definatly a good deck.

Try these:
1+ Cessation Crystal, 1- Team Galactic's Wager
And is it just me, or are there no Time-Space Distortions on the card list?

You still won't beat mag.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Mag doesn't even need weakness to win. Blaze ohko's, or ty+20 from mags attack ko's, or just keep using mag. Sorry, but hey, I'm at least honest.

Yeah, It can't beat Mag.

- 1 Castaway
+ 1 Great Ball

- 4 Grass
+ 4 DRE

- 3 Crystal Beach
- 1 Scott
+ 4 Plus Power

Nice list, it needs plus powers to help with the low dmg out-put mid and late game.. You definatley need at least 2 tsd for this deck to run at its best.

Max PPs,Max out Warps,Add More Charms,Use Fishing Engine to the max,and I think it would work quicker and probably do more damage with Max PPs and more Charms.

The reason that I don't run PP is because it doesn't count as a Poke Tool

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You still won't beat mag.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Mag doesn't even need weakness to win. Blaze ohko's, or ty+20 from mags attack ko's, or just keep using mag. Sorry, but hey, I'm at least honest.

I could argue differently.

As our first and second speakers have already mentioned, Quickitune CAN beat Magmortar.
My first speaker told you that Magmortar needs some time to set up before it can really defeat Quickitune. My second speaker told you that speed is one of the most important elements in the battle. But, it all comes down to who goes first.

If the Magmortar player plays first then the only way the Quickitune player can win is if they can get more than one Pokemon on the field before the end of their turn. They must then proceed to quickly recuperate for the fallen Kricketot with TSD of Night Main(NM) before Quick/Great ball or Celio to begin to strike for 80 a turn by T2.

If the situation is in reverse, the Quickitune player has a great chance of winning. "But what about DRE?" you say. Well, there is always the option of Crystal beach. To add to the Magmortar player's misery, Cessation Crystal is quite a possibility. With Castaway and Scott, Cess Crystal can be in play by turn 3.

You must agree with my partners and I that Quickitune definitely has much more of a chance against Magmortar than is believed.

Last edited:
Kricturne vs Magmortar is =30/70 and it isnt in Turnes favor.

Mag only needs one turn with a nrg attach and typho attach and you can call it over,if MAG lV.x hits then its gonna spread or torrid wave u. 2 Magmortars is all thats needed to win even 1 Typho can kill since u will trade 2 pokes for 1.

But still a effecient T2 deck,but Banette is better and more consistant

Woah Woah Woah.
How many times have I said this, I don't know.
CESSATION CRYSTAL STOPS TORRID WAVE AND FIRESTARTER AND EVERY OTHER POKE-POWER.
And, once again, faster set up has not been taken into account.

Errr, calm down Mckay.

First of all - Most maggy lists have Pachirisu that they can use to discard up to ALL of your cessations. ^^;

Secondly - Maggy still outspeed any and all Kricketunes

I could argue differently.

Apperently not that well.

As our first and second speakers have already mentioned, Quickitune CAN beat Magmortar.
My first speaker told you that Magmortar needs some time to set up before it can really defeat Quickitune. My second speaker told you that speed is one of the most important elements in the battle. But, it all comes down to who goes first.

What, normal run of the mill magmortar lists from less-then-average league players? Even that is iffy. Mag doesn't need time to set up if you get the first KO, SCRAMBLE! All mags should play FOUR SCRAMBLE. If I see a list that doesn't, I probably won't bother posting any help cause it's to lost already. Who goes first? honestly? You go first, attach, cff. I cff. you ko, I scramble OR I send up another pachy and kill cessation doing 40. Then I use powers as needed and sweep. It's even better if I go first.

If the Magmortar player plays first then the only way the Quickitune player can win is if they can get more than one Pokemon on the field before the end of their turn. They must then proceed to quickly recuperate for the fallen Kricketot with TSD of Night Main(NM) before Quick/Great ball or Celio to begin to strike for 80 a turn by T2.

It's to bad 80 doesn't do much. It doesn't ohko mag or blaze or typhlo or maglvx. So I'm getting 2 prizes for one, and hitting your bench. I am not even mentioning you being weak, weakness isn't needed in this matchup.

If the situation is in reverse, the Quickitune player has a great chance of winning. "But what about DRE?" you say. Well, there is always the option of Crystal beach. To add to the Magmortar player's misery, Cessation Crystal is quite a possibility. With Castaway and Scott, Cess Crystal can be in play by turn 3.

lol, dre. I stopped reading there =\ It just shows that you have played against not even cookiecutter magmortars so I'll stop this until you do so.

You must agree with my partners and I that Quickitune definitely has much more of a chance against Magmortar than is believed.

I don't "believe", I think. And no, I don't agree that it is any less then 80-20 in mags favor.

Good day sir, have fun with quickitune(I have never seen it at any top tables at any tourney I have ever been to).

And if you are relying on cessation, you may want more then 2.

Quickitune has a 10-90 matchup against magmortar. Magmortar gets setup fast enough to burn down the krickets. Magmortar has the HP, the attacks, the cheapness, the good supporting pokemon lines, AND the weakness to beat quickitune. I seriously doubt quickitune could get more than 2 kos against a decent mag deck.

Well, if I seem to be playing Mag decks that run 2 Pachy and 4 scramble and I still win most of the time, either there is something wrong or my opponents don't know how to play the deck.
Either way, I'm still happy.

and thats why its so good cause it can stack..

But that is why it is bad. It is not Castaway-able. So I can't pull it with a castaway.

Last edited:
Well, if I seem to be playing Mag decks that run 2 Pachy and 4 scramble and I still win most of the time, either there is something wrong or my opponents don't know how to play the deck.
Either way, I'm still happy.

But that is why it is bad. It is not Castaway-able. So I can't pull it with a castaway.

your opponents dont know how to BUILD the deck let alone play it correctly. Its a auto loss unless they just get nothing and I mean absolutely nothing all game and u just kill them in the first 4 turns,only way. 2 Pachi??why would anyone do that to themselves and to Magmortar.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back