Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Time to dust off Breloom (SW)

FLCLFANMAN

This guy is pretty awesome now that we have upper energy and Lucians. OHKO's Flygon, Gengar,Beedrill, and anything affected by Moonlight Stadium.

Thoughts?

It also has to be hit for 70 or more to get any damage at all to stick if the Breloom player has Nidoqueen down, too.

I have it in my Flygon deck. Is it the best teammate for Flygon? Probably not. Is it fun? You bet.

If you run the Fighting Energy anyway and are expecting a lot of Flygons/Infernapes/decks that run Moonlight Stadium, then why not?

Almost anything is better anti-Flygon tech than that silly Fan Rotom.

The high cost of the attack stinks, but it cleans house. Watch Gengar cry when they fail a Spell on it and all they have left is Crobats and Claydols lolol

This was a great tech last year at Nationals. Using Moonlight Stadium (considering if you even did decent you probably played GG 7 out of your 9 rounds) you reduced Gardy's retreat to 0, thus OHKOing it (it does 60+60, right?)

It'll probly have trouble with actually getting to attack a Luxray. May best in a S2 deck with Rare Candy.

It's good but it can be situational, If your Opponent isn't running any Pokemon with 0 retreat that's gonna make it harder for Breloom to use Homing Uppercut. I like the idea of it being used as a tech especially against Speedrill.

Against FlyChamp it's great cause of how Rainbow Float can give other Pokemon 0 retreat, and you'd be able to deal 120 damage with Homing Uppercut garaunteed. Against other decks that run 0 retreat Pokemon you could run Poke Blowers to drag out Pokemon to donk with Breloom.

It has potential. Upper Energy is a must, though.

With all the Psychic decks, free Retreating Pokemon, and Flygon, this is really good.

Interesting 1-1 tech in Weavile/GG. It would definitely help GG's problem of late-game damage output (since it OHKO's quite a lot of things).

Actually, Gino teched it mostly for Infernape (the most notable person to use it). His use of Phobes's stadium just helped him even more.

This card loses a lot of what made it so good... SCRAMBLE ENERGY.
Without that guy around this card is a LOT worse. Yeah, it's only 1 extra energy drop w/ Upper, but that could make all the difference.

I have teched it in a deck this year though. I used it in AMU as a Mewtwo counter.

As for its effectiveness against Beedrill... it really isn't effective against Beedrill! They can just Night Maintenance and search it back out again the next turn. Then they KO your Breloom that you spent 2-3 turns charging.

I just realized Breloom WRECKS Flygon and anybody he floats with his body :lol:

Flygon giving that Electivire Free retreat? 120 to the face! :lol:

Back