Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tin Shape and Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelanates

So, the LvX tins have kind of a weird shape and size that makes them nonideal for storing cards. Thoughts/opinions? What do you put in your tins?

I find the tins are perfect for holding two separate decks (with a paper divider) and enough room for 1-2 cases of a dozen dice. They're a little clunky, but they got the job done :thumb:

I, personally, tend to use tins of any kind in order to lug around things in bulk -- like dice, or counters, or pieces of paper, etc...

Sure, sometimes they can be a bit loud and rather clank-some, but when it gets to be irritating, I just shove a bit of cloth in there to quiet it down a bit. So, basically, I'll probably use these tins the same way I use older ones, assuming they don't get bent out of shape due to some horrible tragedy [Such as it falling off the balcony of a two-story area of a building...]

The only thing I don't really store in tins, is cards. I tried in the past, and the tin wasn't exactly ideal for keeping the environment out [Water got in pretty easily, and soda... especially when someone happens to spill a Fresca on top of the actual tin XP]. So, in terms of it not being that great for card-storage -- I'm fine with that, as I usually use binders/water-proof boxes [Not made of cardboard... more like coolers, and lunch-box-y material].

But, tins also do have some interesting color choices, and art on them, which is the main reason why I keep them around -- generally just stacked up on a shelf... somewhere.

Sooo... yeah, the card-thing doesn't affect me as much as having the ability to at least lug some dice/counters around XP

~Nips

Me and my freinds have often commented on this subject.

the tins are god awful abnormal shape.

Who in their right mind decided not to make them rectangular? rectangular things work for a reason.

- Easy to stack
- Easy to make other things in a similar dimension (i.e CARDS!)

I do not expect them to change the "clanky" sound or material they are made from, but making them rectangular would be a vast improvement to organizational situations.

I use all my extra Tins to store things around the house. If you could fit two rows of cards, side by side all they way down the Tin, that would ROCK!

and why we're at it, I HATE the new booster box design too. The WOTC booster box design ROCKED for similar reasons as what i stated for the Tins. EASY TO STACK and organize

i.e you can get as many tins/booster boxes as you want, and have a use for all of them. They become easly to use storage devices for extra stuff.

Just a pet peeve I've been keeping bottled up for some time now :biggrin:

I agree with the above; I hate these new booster boxes. They are less fun to open (they don't have the excitement level of the old boxes), don't have nice artwork, and cannot be stacked. It seems to me they were created as cheaply and badly as possible. The Arceus boxes I noticed also had blurred font to the point I thought they were fake.

I too wish the tins were rectangular. I just give away my tins or use them to store non-Pokemon related things around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back