Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited Tinkering around with a deck, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

runfromafeebas

Ok, so I was bored the other day, so I put together a little deck. I haven't tried it out yet for a few reasons.
a) I don't have the cards, and don't want to put all the effort in to getting them until I know the deck will work
b) Umm... ok, there isn't one

So, here's my deck idea...

POKEMON
x3 Crobat PLS
x3 Golbat PLS
x4 Zubat PLS
x2 Lugia EX
x3 Sigilyph PLS
x3 Elgyem PLS
x3 Beheeyem PLS

TRAINERS
x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
x4 Virbank City Gym
x1 Pokemon Collector
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Scramble Switch ACE SPEC
x3 Colress Machine
x2 Colress
x2 Eviolite
x2 Energy Search

ENERGY
x4 Plasma Energy
x12 Psychic Energy

Ok, so my strategy here is to get a Crobat out as fast as possible by using the Pokemon Collector and Rare Candy, get some energy on to it with Energy Search/Colress Machine, and start attacking. Once I have a Virbank in play, I'm dealing out 60 extra damage at the end of every turn because of poisoning. Beheeyem is for transferring any damage that may come to me, and Lugia EX is for either the very beginning of the battle when I don't have a Crobat out, or for any other time when I'm in need. It's basically a strong backup. Sigilyph is for any EXs I may encounter. Probably dealing at least 80 damage every turn for 3 energies plus not taking any damage in return, it's a rather effective EX killer.
I'm open to removing Lugia EX from this deck. It's a bit of an Energy-demanding spare. If I were to switch it for maybe Mew EX, I could remove the 7 Plasma Energy and not have to worry about taking a few turns to energize my backup.
I'm very open to suggestions. I've never played competitively, and I usually don't do a lot of deck-making/strategy playing. I'm ok with completely blowing up this deck.

Last edited:
I tried to stick with the overall strategy of Poison. I added Gastly to keep the opponent from playing trainers. Crobat G is added damage with Scoop Up. Celebi EX with Haunter (Fossil) can prevent attacks when you use Gastly's Pitch Dark attack. Overall, I would think this deck would not be the most ideal for competitive Unlimited, but to start with its not bad. I would playtest this on Redshark or something like that to see how the deck sets up on solitaire mode before buying the cards. You could also try the Spiritomb (Arceus) and Dunsparce (Sandstorm) combination, that could work as well.

POKEMON 21
x3 Crobat PLS
x1 Golbat UL
x3 Zubat UL
x2 Crobat G (Platinum)
x1 Sigilyph PLS
x1 Celebi EX (BCR)
x1 Celebi ex (POP 2 Promo)
x3 Gastly (Stormfront)
x2 Haunter (Fossil)
x3 Gengar (Stormfront)
x1 Unown G (Great Encounters)

TRAINERS 25
x3 Hypnotoxic Laser
x3 Virbank City Gym
2 Scoop Up
2 Item Finder
1 Broken Time Space
x2 Pokemon Collector
x3 Rare Candy
x1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
x2 Oracle (Skyridge)
x2 Professor Oak
x3 Switch
1x Energy Retrieval
1x Super Energy Retrieval

ENERGY 13
x4 Double Colorless Energy
x9 Psychic Energy

Last edited:
POKEMON
x3 Crobat PLS
x2 Golbat PLS
x4 Zubat PLS
x2 Lugia EX
x2 Sigilyph PLS
x2 Elgyem PLS
x2 Beheeyem PLS

TRAINERS
x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
x2 Virbank City Gym
x3 Pokemon Collector
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Scramble Switch ACE SPEC
x3 Colress Machine
x3 Colress
x3 Skyla
x2 Eviolite
x2 Energy Search
x3 Pokemon Catchers

ENERGY
x4 Plasma Energy
x6 Psychic Energy
x3 Double Colorless

You will LOVE having Skyla in this deck to get out your essential item cards you need (Rare Candy, Colress Machine, Catcher, laser, etc)

You needed more Collectors, maybe a 4th but can't find room. You want to try to max out chances at getting turn 1 collector. Having 1 will not do any good if it's prized.

Need Catcher to pull up anyone you want to poison/make unable to retreat.

Only need 2-2-2 lines of the backup pokemon, cause your focus is Crobat mainly, then late Lugia game.

Double Colorless energy will help get lugia powered up faster, and Energy Search will help get your remaining 6 psychic energy faster (can Skyla one to get an energy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back