Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TMB 3 Report

Lil_Magma

I play Straight Dialga G

Round 1 Vs. M4 (Natto) Mirror I really didn't want to play within age groups too much this event because it's all mixed but oh well... I get the privilege of going 1st and attach to active Toxicroak and pass. He gets a Toxic start as well and Cyrus's, attaches and passes. I Roseanne for a Dialga and a Zong. Attach to Dialga, Galactic switch the energy off of the active Toxicroak to the Dialga and Poke Turn the Toxicroak. So Now I have an active Dialga with 2 energies active. I then Cyrus for Metal, Turn, Cyrus. He's in deep trouble because I locked his trainers first. He Roses for 2 Uxies thinking I have a Spray. His hand is put up to 5 cards then. He plays the 1st Uxie and I spray it. Then the Second, Spray. He could set up properly from there. With all the deafen lock and lack of Uxies he lost.

1-0

In between rounds I hear that Frankie lost his first round

Round 2 Vs Luke D. / Togekiss, Sceptile, Eggz MT, and Shaymin I get a T1/T2 Deafen and along with poison I go through 3 guys. I finally break the lock because he gets 5 energies on a little eggz and he was attempting to find a friend and I couldn't let that happen. So a Remove lost it for the 4th prize. he KO's my active Dialga but I send out another, Premier Ball, Rose for a Bat and 1 shot his Eggz with 5/6 energies. He couldn't really get anything out after that and I one-shot his next active.

2-0

Round 3 Vs. Ellen G. with Gengar this is my 2nd master this event and its starting to get good. I'm hoping for a good Gengar/Dialga match but...

...Candy Gengar Blower/Heads Blower/Tails Blower/Heads Shadow Room Skuntank GG

2-1

Round 4 Vs. Thomas Arena W/ BlissKing He starts with with Baltoy and Chancey benched. I don't get the T1 deafen so it's gonna be a bumpy game. We go back and forth trading blows with Dialga and King. But I pull ahead as he's getting 3 shots on my Dialgas to my 2 shots on his Kings. Anything he hurts on my bench gets turned. He gets through my 2nd powered up Dailga and I have to back up attack with Toxicroak which saved me. Toxic gets through a king and puts me down to 1 prize to his three. HE hits my Toxic for 60 and heals his King that has 70 to 50 and heals poison with Warp/Retreat. I have to add an extra 10 damage to kill his king with Toxic so I maintenance a Cro. But I accidentally drop Baltoy/His Bts/ Claydol and fill my bench. I’m also Out of turns. But after 5mins I see the winning play on the field. Attach energy Gain to dialga, energy, G switch, retreat, Poison, hit for 70 + 10 for Poison. GG best game all day

3-1

I need to win the next round to top cut.
We all sit down for the round and to my surprise I see my bro a table ahead of me. Apparently he had won his last 3 matches and was in my position as well.

Round 5 Danny B. Legos (3rd Master)

So I’m happy to play my third master of the tourney.

He gets absolute garbage and gets killed in the face
sry

4-1

Woo T 8

My bro also won and made cut. And there was a nice split of age groups in top cut

1 Eric / GeChamp / MA
2 Dylan / Legos / SR
3 Thomas A / King / SR
4 Sam G / Dialga / SR
5 Me / Dialga / SR
6 Frankie / GeChamp / MA
7 Alex / Dialga / SR
8 Drew / AMU / MA

Top 8 Vs. Sam

Game 1

He prizes 3 Dialgas. As if that wasn’t enough I hit 2 heads on remove lost on his weavile so he had 0/1 energy in play.

Game 2

10 Mins left

I set up 1 or 2 Dialga Gs and he couldn’t get through them.

1 Eric
2 Dylan
5 Me
6 Frankie

That’s whose left. I’m trying to get to the finals with my bro

Game 1 Vs. Eric

We have a good game but I get a T2/3 Lock and hurt his setup. We go into the game a little deeper and I kill 2 Gengars without setting off fainting spell and eventually tank a Dialga with a G so he couldn’t really kill it

Game 2

He donks my lone Unown G with Shadow Room

Game 3

Similar to game one but this time he got an early edge and I couldn’t get set up and he just shadow Roomed everything.

Oh well

Top 4

I tell my bro I’m out and stick around until Frankie finishes up.

He ends up beating Dylan and goes into the finals against the undefeated Eric where he wins the 3rd TMB!

Woo

Props
My bro for winning
Aziz for winning

Slops
2 Gengar Donks

Great Event!

Michael.

You are a great player with great skills and a most humble way about you. Your mom and dad raised a fine young man.

Your match with Thomas was so fun to watch. It was like back in the day when the two of you were always there in T2. The large crowd around the two of you was pretty neat too.

One of the things I enjoy when watching you and TT play is you both have fun, don't mind losing to each other, and show great spirit of the game.

Hope your mad skills take you thru Regionals, Nats, and Worlds. It would be nice to see another couple of T2s with you and T.

Best,
PokeDaddy

Back