Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

To anyone with old issues of the "Pokemon Fan" magazines...

SailorClef

I know somebody who claims that Blue/Green, the female trainer in Fire Red/Leaf Green's English name was 'revealed' to be "Sammy" in an issue of the Pokemon fan magazine...

I have searched high and low and the only character I can find anything about being called "Sammy" is Professor Oak as a kid.

I don't understand why they'd give her a name like Sammy, cause it's not even one of her default names.. (not to mention.. Red/Blue/Sammy? What kind of sense does that make?) but... I wouldn't put it past them.

This has really been driving me nuts for a while, and I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some scans or something if there was anything that maybe could have even been MISTAKEN for saying that her name was "Sammy" ._.

I am 99% sure that Green was ever called Sammy. What I think it probably was, was a character based on Green who looked similar, like with Ash and Red.

Well, like I said, I don't understand why they'd call her that... but I know they say some pretty crazy things in that magazine (and on pokemon.com) sometimes, so you never know o_O

I'd just like to know how that idea could have even got into this person's head because I can't find ANYTHING about it D:

Back