Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

To Hull and back... STP report!

Kempley05

Little joke for all you only fools and horses fans! Anyways, I'll keep this short - drove to Hull from Cambridge the night before met up with Andy in the morning, loaned him a card and played some practice games. I've had 4 tournament wins and a top 2 with Metanite this year, so I stick with it even though I hadn't touched my cards in like a month!

Round 1 - Nick L (T4 UK nationals '06) 1-0
Round 2 - James S - 2-0
Round 3 - Charlotte - 3-0
Round 4 - Andy S - 3-1

Top 4 - James S (2-0)
Top 2 - Andy S (0-2)

So in an all London final Andy takes the title - an all round nice player who is IMO one of the 3 favorites for nats this year. But I'm more than happy with my T2, and hopefully this'll bode well for tomorrow. Thanks to the Hargraves for running a great tournament, team Metanite for awesome deck help and Andy for some great games!

So in an all London final Andy takes the title - an all round nice player who is IMO one of the 3 favorites for nats this year. But I'm more than happy with my T2, and hopefully this'll bode well for tomorrow. Thanks to the Hargraves for running a great tournament, team Metanite for awesome deck help and Andy for some great games!

When did Andy move to London?

You'd better be including me in those 3 favourites. :p

And how did High Wycombe go? You must have won something. You...must. If not, I'll convince the other Team Metanite members to lynch you. :D

Cole

You'd better be including me in those 3 favourites. :p

And how did High Wycombe go? You must have won something. You...must. If not, I'll convince the other Team Metanite members to lynch you. :D

Cole

LOL lynched! Irwin only got 11th place with Metanite:

Carl Crook said:
The mighty have fallen, Irwin Chair 11th place. Yes, 11th place

Another example of when days go wrong for players. Adds to OllieK, Andy and Kempley at Wycombe.

Urgh, I went with a bad destiny, and went 3/2 :(

I don't think I'll be at London, so I'll see you all at nats!

Kempley handed me two deck boxes to choose from to decide his deck choice. It's all my fault :biggrin:

How did Sami's Destiny go? I overlooked some games of his and it was really awesome!

So to Nationals it is, best of luck to all...

Great job on the final saturday Justin, and just plain bad luck today mate!
Hope you can make London, if not, see u at nats! :D

Magic Umbreon: Not sure how I got there but Sami swept my rather outdated BOOM in the final. I wouldn't have recognised it as a Destiny deck I saw so little of it!

What happened to lunch?

Magic Umbreon: Not sure how I got there but Sami swept my rather outdated BOOM in the final. I wouldn't have recognised it as a Destiny deck I saw so little of it!

What happened to lunch?

From what I saw, Sami's was a very good build. I always thought Boom was just too easy to tech against with Latios ex d, Latias dual aura and Absol ex. Well done for going so far anyway.

Lunch didn't happen :redface: That's players forgotten

My Destiny didn't play Latilock as I thought it wasn't needed - Ian's Boom totally proved me wrong, and as a result of him making no misplays he got a great and fair win.

The important thing was we held up the tournament for 30 minutes :)

Back