Thoughts:

We- Multiple people (playing together)
Whee- Sound of people having fun
Oui- French for yes!
Two i's represent two people controllers/people
Wii= Double You, I, I (four people!)
ii= Japanese for good!

I like it. :thumb:

Well, with all those reasons, it actually sounds pretty cool and unique.. but for those who don't know what "wii" can mean, it'll sound so stupid...

I WANNA GO PLAY NINTENDO WII!!!! WHEEEEE!!!

EDIT: lol.. the "i"s in the movie are cute though ^_^

Wiiiiiak name...

Yeah I just saw the announcement website and rushed breathlessly here to inform you all... Greatfox let's get him!

Don't like the name, and given how I still loathe "Dreamcast" I doubt it'll grow on me. How can a company go from naming their consoles dumb things like "Nintendo Entertainment System" and "Nintendo 64", through slightly-better-but-still-remarkably-dumbass things like "Gamecube", to the exact opposite of making up daft, illogical names people won't even want to pronounce?

Can you imagine saying you're going to get a Wii for Christmas?

Can you imagine saying "I got a Wii?" Everyone'll hear "I gotta wee."

Nintendo, you fail. Thank the gods you make good games.

lukerc10t4 said:
the worst game consule name ever
Because PlayStation and Xbox were such great names? o_O

Personally, I think Nintendo is brilliant. EVERYONE is talking about Wii. You can't buy that sort of publicity. :3

Professor_Chris said:
Because PlayStation and Xbox were such great names? o_O

Personally, I think Nintendo is brilliant. EVERYONE is talking about Wii. You can't buy that sort of publicity. :3

Whats wrong with those names? I think they adequately describe the consoles. And I highly doubt EVERYONE is talking about Wii, unless in jest about the name. I just hope people can look past the name

Well, HONESTLY, a PlayStation sounds like some sort of toddler toy. ;p However, we've all become so used to it that that connection isn't really drawn anymore.

X-box? It's a box with an X on it. Incredibly uninspired and could have been any number of things had it not become a game console.

Gamecube? It's a cube that plays games.

Game Boy? It doesn't even make sense but it's stuckall these years.

Wii? I like the name. I wouldn't say it's worse than any of the above other than it doesn't literally describe the system. :D

Looking around game sites and forums there are plenty to say about Wii. A lot of it negative, some of it positive. But people are talking about it. A lot. Which kinda puts the spotlight on Nintendo now for E3. :3

Back