Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Too Old?

waltah2676

Hey all! I've been playing the Pokemon video games for years now and have recently been getting interested in the TCG. I am a TOTAL noob here and have never actually played the game. I've been thinking about checking out a league or two in my area (Las Vegas, NV), but at the ripe old age of 32 I'm wondering ifI'm just too old for this kind of thing. I remember feeling like a pedophile when I went to a pokemon event a couple years ago.

Any advice?

Even though this game was designed for kids you are not to old to play. I am 50 and still play even though my son is almost 19. I have seen people older then myself that play.

At my league parents play with there kids and grandfathers play with their grandsons. Whether you have kids or not, you are never to old to play Pokemon in any form! (Video Game, TCG, TFG, etc.)

Play! Many folks are above 30. You could also become a League leader, a TO, learn the rules and become a Prof and a Judge. Many things for the "adults" to do in this great game!

Keith

Theres been people as old as their mid 60's playing that I'm aware of. Those people usually had children/grandchildren involved, but you're never too young. I have alot of friends that are early/mid 20's that have been playing since the day it came out with no sign of letting up.

I don't see a reason why a person as old(young?) as you are can't play pokemon with full confidence.

Your only as old as u feel

Im 30 and love playing i plan never to quit lol. Plus how many kids can say there parents are into pokemon lol my kids love it.

^actually he takes his nephews to league as his kids were too young yet :p

I know one at my local league that is over 32 and had fun there :)

I'm 31 and feel in my prime hehe! Banginbox is around the same age I think and was 2nd at Worlds two years ago. The WCSTS2001 Day 1 Champ Jean Marc-Schosse was considerably older. Shuffle and cut!

~fK

"You're only as old as you feel"

I'm 49 and I just started playing with my grandkids who live me. My oldest son is 32, I have four other adult kids, they are all gamers. I have resisted becoming one for the last 20 years and now I'm not sure why.

Pokemon is awsome build a deck and play

I am 38 my wife is 34, we play even though our daughter at 4 is too young to have ever played a game yet.
We have been involved in pokemon tcg from the beginning, or people brand new to the game that is we started playing this game 4 years prior to the birth of our daughter. (We did take a year off when my wife was pregnant)

So no you are not weird if you show up and play pokemon without any kids. At our league we have a couple who are both older then me and they play without having any kids with them.

The Pokemon community is full of a lot of great people, and if you enjoy the game of Pokemon, please do not let a silly thing like age keep you away. I hope you decide to play. And if you ever feel the need to talk deck strategy with anyone feel free to send me a Private Message.

Last edited:
i'm 400 years old... even though 385 of those years haven't happened yet... but it doesn't matter.... just have fun! I think you're kewl if you play and you are that old.

Im 25, no kids and have been playing this game since it came out...

You'd be surprised at how many adults there are that play this game...As you are witnessing in the above posts. So, dont be afraid to pop back into the scene again!

21, Judge TO LL and player. You have my permission to backchat anybody who says you're too old for PTCG.

The above post was made on no sleep after coding for 14 hours straight.

Back