Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"toolbox-style" card cases at Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GL Mo

If anyone is looking for the "toolbox-style" card organizers/cases that used to be sold at Toys R Us and have been discontinued for several years, they are now available again at Target Stores! These used to be black and red, now are blue. Manufactured by Suncast Corp, sturdy plastic, with a hinged lid, big storage compartment in the bottom with dividers to separate your decks, and a separate smaller top storage place for dice, damage counters, etc. Also includes a place for a small lock to keep the box securely closed. Several of my league players were looking for these, so I was very pleased to find them again! Price is right also at under $20.00. They are not in the toy dept, they are in the home storage section of the store with the other home organization stuff. Just wanted to pass the word on in case anyone else was looking for these. They really help the younger players keep all their stuff together in one place!

lol me and my brother both had those!

he had to cut the lock off of his though, since he lost the key :biggrin:

Better ones can be had at.....Lowes or Home Depot. They're made by ZAG, an Israeli company that makes quite a bit of extruded plastic bits and pieces. They're originally for holding screws and the like. The larger of the two comes in at under $20 - it holds 10 decks (in individual smaller containers) and 4 smaller containers to hold coins, dice, counters or whatever. There's also a smaller one that comes in under $10 that holds 3 decks (in individual smaller containers) and has 3 smaller containers to hold game accessories. 60 card sleeved decks fit really well in these. We'll take a couple of pictures and post some links later.

DaytonGymLeader said:
it holds 10 decks (in individual smaller containers) and 4 smaller containers to hold coins, dice, counters or whatever

Yep, I'd like to see it! Thanks!

There are these really neat modular cases for 'miniatures' that I wish were made for cards. However, I'd like to see a pic of the cases mentioned in this thread.

Same here. I went to Target last night, couldn't find it. Pics would be nice if available...

I took pics of the box I picked up at Target tonight for one of my league kids, but can't attach them to this thread. These boxes are blue with a grey handle and grey latch, says on the cover "Trading Card Case" and "just stuff". Holds up to 2000 cards and is Made in the USA! These are being distributed by Target, but are manufactured by Suncast Corporation in Batavia, IL. Anyone that wants pics, please PM your email to me and I'll try to send them. A lot of kids in my league that have played since the TRU days have these, and the newer players have also wanted them. I only know from my experience that this is a very sturdy product, as we have been using our for at least 5 years. I cannot vouch for the boxes from Lowes or Home Depot because I have no personal experience with them. I'm sure they are very good as well! Whatever works for each player is best for them!

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Those are the 4 photos of the item. Looks alot like the Pokemon carrying case that Nintendo sold along time back that was red with the handle yellow and it came with stickers.

Yeah, but without stickers :(

but i remember it was red and yellow and it looked kinda ugly so i don't know if i do regret not getting it or if i do. 15 dollars? I might get it, i want to get something to put my cards, but what would you guys recomend for commons/uncommons? should i get one of those cardboard boxes?
\

Thanks a lot Prime, for linking the pics in! I paid 17.99 plus tax for the one I just bought. After I bought one, they only had 2 left on the shelf. These are just being manufactured again by Suncast, so your local store may not have them in yet. They are in the "Home Storage" section of the store with Rubbermaid storage boxes and such. If I remember correctly, the red box with the yellow handle was the Pokemon version, and the one most of my league kids have is black with a red handle and latch. You can certainly put stickers on them as you like to personalize!

That's not bad looking, but $18 for a case? I scored a black & red toolbox that, while not specifically designed for cards, fits my decks, cards, and other supplies perfectly. Not to mention I scored it for $1 (yes, one dollar) brand new from a dollar store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back