Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top 8 (11-14) - Norwegian Nationals

cloud9tcg

My Nationals 06 report

I had a hell of a day the night before prepering my deck, my Dragetrode! I didn't have enough Sneasels !!! But any way...

Round #1 Vs. Helene (Metanite)

We get ready to play and then we hear that it was gonna get new parings because the CC winners didnt get bye. Juho!!!
I knew she was gonna win me :p

0-0

And then....

Round #1 (again) Vs. can't remember his name (Water deck based on Ludicolo)

He starts with lone Lotad and me Voltorb, i Rare Candy to Dark Trode, Rainbow and win for the weakness !!!

1-0

Round #2 Vs. I really cant remember anything, but i know i won :p

2-0

Round #3 Vs. Mikkel (Dragetrode)

So he's my best friend here in pokemon. We stay realy close on prisez but then he KO's one of my Sneasel's with 3 Darkness nrg.
He wins with 0-1 in prize :p

2-1

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finnaly, i was so hungry, me and Mikkel go to this place, Tacoland, and its closed, f***, now we had to go to McDonalds.
2 Burgers and it's okay

Round #4 Vs. Amund (Ludicargo)

This was a fun match, when we look at the parings he looks at me and says "Hey!! Who is Christian ****!!!!! Is he good!???"
I tell him his darn good and he will have problems. He goes to the table looking sad and thinking he would loose. I meet him
at the table and laughing and he smiled to me.
So Amund... he kinda looked up to me, I had helped him alot with his deck and he apprenticed that. I thought i knew his deck
in and out when we where playing but the he comes with one thing..... BATTLE FRONTIER!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! But i had Scott in my hand,
bam! Ruins, HAHA!! But still he wins, he used Ninetales against my Sneasel. But anyway, gg Amund

2-2

Round #5 Vs. Tira (Scizor ex w. Blastoise ex)

I look back at this match and think how good Dark Trode can be sometimes, and done 2 KO's witk Me Trode, one of them was Blastoise ex,
so... i win

3-2

Round #6 Vs. Mathias (Fossils)

This is a guy from my League. I knew he didn't think that much about tactis so i gueesd i could win, and.... and early win T2 or T3

4-2

Now i was lying on a 20. place so i knew i had to win to be in T16.

Round #7 Vs. Preben (Speedrill)

This was the CC winner from Molde, he was lying on a 10. place so i thought if i could win him, i could be in T16.
When playing, i didn't think Preben did that many correct and smart playes, i layed Energy Root on his only Pidgeot (WTF!?), he didn't free reatret
to one of his 2 Beedrill's to KO my active Sneasel, bu anyway, he was a polite kid and shoud good sportsmanship, and i win :D

5-2

And then it was time for Topp 16, i hoped i could get in. They started to read up who was in. When i didn't hear my name in the 5 last places i thought
i wasn't with. "10. place... Christian ****!!!" WOHO!!!! Know i had time to kick some more ***'

Round #8 Vs. ...Amund, again! (Ludicargo)

I told my self i wouldn't loose to him again, i get an early Sneasel and start to drag of Slugma's. I get and early win

6-2

I needed one more win to stay in.

He get's a bad start, and i can se he's not happy in his eyes. I have Sneasel, Dragonite and Trode and win

7-2

Round #9 Vs. .....Mikkel, again! (Dark Heart)

This was bad, we had made a promise, we should meet each other in the finnals, and we meet here, T8 ??? WTF!???? What the f*** parings was this?
We both knew that the winner of us could go to America so we told each other to do our best.
Both of us get a bad start, but improves if with our perfect choise of trainers :D We only had 50 minutes to play the best of 3 and we used about 30 minutes
just on this match. But i can't stand up to he's sneasel swarm so he wins

7-3

I knew i had to win now and win again, but still, Mikkel has much more experience than me because, he lives in the city, i live in the helbilly land aka
the porsch snobb land, city = much tournemants, helbilly land = little tournemants. He wins, but with style :D

7-4

We shake each others hand and i tell him how good he did it. I was now out of Nationals, but i didn't care, i had a good time

Overall positions:

I got a 7th place and I'm happy with that, i also got 16 boosters (4 HP, 4 LM and 4 EM)

Props:

- All the support :D
- Finnaly some HP boosters, and a Shining Gyarados!
- Good sportmanship
- My deck :D
- Eskils and the staff for holding the best Nats evah' !!
- Playing against 2 (!!!) girls !??? How lucky am I?

Slops:

- My best friend for letting me down

Last edited by a moderator:
cloud9tcg said:
- Playing against 2 (!!!) girls !??? How lucky am I?

You were very lucky - to beat them. Tira and Helene are both excellent players. Tira has often have gone undefeated in Swiss at tournaments, so to beat her in the Swiss rounds of Nationals is lucky (and probably also because you played very well :wink:). Helene placed 19th, so she was just a tiny bit away from making Top 16.

Tego said:
You were very lucky - to beat them. Tira and Helene are both excellent players. Tira has often have gone undefeated in Swiss at tournaments, so to beat her in the Swiss rounds of Nationals is lucky (and probably also because you played very well :wink:). Helene placed 19th, so she was just a tiny bit away from making Top 16.
Lucky, WTF!? It's skilsz :wink: I KO'd 2 or 3 of here pokemons with Dark Electrode :tongue: But Helene beat me, I'm glad that round didn't count

Back