Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top Eon decks have things in common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur

It seems like the decks that could become big decks all do something to break the normal 1 energy a turn rule.

Gardevoir/ex
Kingdra Aqua/ex (cyclone then pokemon nurse)
Ampharos Exped/ex(connect then pokemon nurse)
Blaziken
Sceptile
Venusaur Exped/some big discarding dragon

I don't think any normal decks are as reliable as these energy breakers. Take a normal deck like Golem, Machamp or something. It shouldnt have a chance against these other decks. I just wanna hear your thoughts and if you agree with me or not.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. That's a big reason why Rain Dance was popular for a long time. It breaks the one energy a turn rule, tipping the scales in that player's favor.

Oh, and don't forget Swampert. That's another one.

I totally agree with you. I access the same the first few days of the new Modified. Speed will win games. That is why delcatty is played. Along with speed comes extra energy laying which allows one player to power up way before another.

I completely agree. There are enough good energy manipulating decks that any deck that doesn't manipulate energy must be a red face paint deck.

Venusaur said:
It seems like the decks that could become big decks all do something to break the normal 1 energy a turn rule.

Gardevoir/ex
Kingdra Aqua/ex (cyclone then pokemon nurse)
Ampharos Exped/ex(connect then pokemon nurse)
Blaziken
Sceptile
Venusaur Exped/some big discarding dragon

I don't think any normal decks are as reliable as these energy breakers. I just wanna hear your thoughts and if you agree with me or not.

I agree with ya, most of the decks that I've always played have had something to do with energy rules.

Venucenter, Sceptile tech, Gardevoir, Meganium Exeggutor, Blaziken... Swampert... Raindance. All the decks that do things like that seem to become some of the best out there... I agree with ya completely.

yeah i agree completely, a deck that can't attach 2 or more energys in one turn, or can potentially 'control' its energy is a really rogue deck. Otherwise, quick attackers or decks that can swarm (can only think of omastar) are really good too. although if the games goes for long, they can't do enough damage to compete against these 150 - 160 HP beasts.

I totally agree with the whole energy thing. I've been telling my friend that for a while. Getting extra energy on quicker lets you attack sooner/more and that speed wins games. Going first helps a lot too. You get to put energy on first and attack first. That is really big. It's not like your opponent gets an extra turn after you win because you went first, so you want to go first and put energies on first and attack first and you will win most of the time. Going first is a the deciding factor in a lot of games if the decks are even.

Speed always wins. Whether it be set up speed or energy manipulation, the first one to get out their power house card, fully power, is most likely the victor. Although there are a few things that can change the tide of a battle, that is what will happen most of the time.

Oh and about the Metal Energies and Aggron decks, they do have a form of energy manipulation, its Furret!

Kyogre said:
Speed always wins. Whether it be set up speed or energy manipulation, the first one to get out their power house card, fully power, is most likely the victor. Although there are a few things that can change the tide of a battle, that is what will happen most of the time.

Oh and about the Metal Energies and Aggron decks, they do have a form of energy manipulation, its Furret!
Ahhh Energy Corruption

Perpetual Warp/Cyclone/Potion Energy (in Unlimited for Potion).

FUN deck, take off 10 damage a turn when you have nothing better to do with your energy attachment.

I like very much Kabutops Ex. I'm working on a deck around it.
His second attack make 70 damage and heal 20..... It could be a good Gardevoir ex opponent considering his weakness (grass/light).
What do you think about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back