Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toploaders

legotack

Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes anyway. How many cards can comfortably fit inside a toploader? If I'm sending five cards, what is the best way to distribute them between toploaders? Thank you for answers, if any.

Put two in a soft sleeve back to back. Then put them in a top loader. No more then two cards per top loader.

If you feel fairly confident, you can try sending a larger group of cards in soft sleeves taped between a couple of toploaders. It's almost as good, and probably a lot cheaper both on materials and on shipping (Mozz did this once for me, worked pretty well).

You can put only TWO cards in a toploader.

They slide out better if you put them both in a single sleeve first (the cheap 'penny sleeves' work best).

but there is thicker top loader where you can fit double what you can in reguler ones so about 4 =] but ive only seen these in card shops...

If you feel fairly confident, you can try sending a larger group of cards in soft sleeves taped between a couple of toploaders. It's almost as good, and probably a lot cheaper both on materials and on shipping (Mozz did this once for me, worked pretty well).

This is what I did back when I was trading online, and it worked great.

Mozz once sent me a really thick Toploader that could easily fit 8 cards in soft "penny sleeves" in, possibly more.
If you are only sending a few cards I always use penny sleeves with two cards per toploader.

As Bullados said, many cards in penny sleeves taped between too Toploaders works fine and Ive never had any problems with this before.

You could always use a similar method except use cardboard instead of toploaders to sandwich them, however if you do this, Id say use an envelope lined with bubble-wrap to keep them safe.

Put two in a soft sleeve back to back. Then put them in a top loader. No more then two cards per top loader.

I don't like that, I find that when you do that the cards rub against each other and can produce damage. I would much rather use 2 penny sleeves (one for each card) and then put it in a toploader. I do agree no more than 2 cards per toploader.

Drew

What is the difference between penny sleeves and soft sleeves? Right now I use Dragon Shields to send, are those soft or penny?

Penny and soft sleeves are the same thing. You can get them at gaming stores for 50 cents to one dollar per pack of 100. Using dragon shields is to expensive.

not unless there old and unusable lol i do it all the time or use old poke pre sleeves =]

but ya penny sleeves are alot better just be sure they dont slide out of the top loader =] and plus usually theres a small packet of penny sleeves in a top loader pack so =]

not unless there old and unusable lol i do it all the time or use old poke pre sleeves =]

And the old sleeves have dirt and grime on/in them that can, and often do, scratch the card up during shipment. You should never use that method. It tells the person you are sending the cards to that you don't care how good the card's condition is once it leaves your hands. Stick with the soft sleeves.

Eh, if they are low value cards, and you ask the person you are trading, you could probably get away with 3 in one toploader. Dragonshields are far, far too expensive to send out trades in, so penny sleeves are much better.

But then I'm just reiterating what everyone else said.

lol most of my used sleeves dont have disrst and such on them but i totally get what your sayin lol
but ya penny sleeves are the best no matter what ...

Oh- While I am all for the reusing of the top loaders you get when trading, don't do what someone did with a package I received today. The top loader was sticky everywhere from the battalions of tape which had been applied and removed over time and had pubic hair stuck to said stickiness. Times are never so tough you can't get another top loader. don't send stuff like this. It's gross and top loaders don't cost that much. They're like $.10 each...

Dustinmoe once sent me cards in a Shaymin sleeve. :D

I agree with the majority here, t hough. For standard toploaders, you should put each card in a penny sleeve, no more than two cards per toploader. Although I have seen people fit 4, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Also, you can always buy wider toploaders if you need to fit more cards.

Back