4x Holon Researcher
4x Rare Candy
4x Proffesor Cosmo's Discovery
4x Mr. Stone's Project
4x Wally's Training

10x Lightning Energy
4x Metal Energy

(22-24-14)

I dunno, an idea I've been kicking about for a while. The point of the deck is to exploit Metagross's "Crush and Burn" ([L][M] 30+ "You may discard as many energy cards attached to your pokemon in play. If you do, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage for each energy card discarded") for maximum effect.

The Dragonites enhance this attack. Their Poke-Power, "Delta Charge" ("Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a lightning energy from your discard pile to 1 of your benched pokemon"), allows some of that discarded energy to be returned to play. And because "Crush and Burn" reads "from your pokemon in play", this energy is immediately available to be used again.

The Holon Researchers allow searching for any Pokemon in the deck, as well as those metal energies. Holon Transciever allows me to search for the Holon Researchers, with the extended ability of retrieving them from the discard.

Rare Candy, of course, aids in evolution, as does Wally. Stone helps find much needed lightning energy. The Cosmos are kind of an addition on a whim. Metagross's Poke-Power, "Delta Control" ("Once during your turn (before you attack), you may look at the top 4 cards on your deck, choose 1 of them, and put it in your hand. Put the other 3 cards on the bottom of your deck. This power cannot be used...") combos perfectly with Cosmo's ability to draw three cards from the bottom of the deck.

Last edited:
Blaziken 1111 said:
Why use bills. Use a couple of tv reporter and desert ruins.

because you dont have to discard for bill's. that way he doesnt discard something he might need later on. he can jsut have hopes of darwing it again.

You seriously didnt know that this was metanite?? Anyway, when you get the chance to discard a card, discard LIGHTNING energies!!

Umbreon777 said:
You seriously didnt know that this was metanite?? Anyway, when you get the chance to discard a card, discard LIGHTNING energies!!
Surprisingly enough, no, I didn't. It wasn't an archetype I'd heard much talk about. In retrospect, the name should have tipped me off. I'm glad I know now - opens up a lot of resources for me.

moza said:
Cut down the Drag line to 3-2-3 and put in some Desert Ruins.
Quite sensible. Paring down my Dragonite line and throwing in some Stadiums.

Thanks, man

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking now:

4x Beldum DS
3x Metang DS
4x Metagross DS

4x Dratini DS
2x Dragonair DS
3x Dragonite DS

4x Holon Researcher
4x Rare Candy
3x Proffesor Cosmo's Discovery
3x Mr. Stone's Project
3x Wally's Training
3x Switch
3x Holon Transciever
3x Holon Research Tower

10x Lightning Energy
4x Metal Energy

(20-26-14)

Pared down the Dragonite line, but I didn't feel comfortable running less than 8 basics, so I kept an extra Dratini

I like Holon Research Tower a bit better than Desert Ruins, since it helps mitigate a loss of a metal energy to the discard. Primarily, I just wanted some degree of stadium control, as there are some nasty ones.

I dunno about the Switches, but I wanted to be covered should I have a Dragonite forced out.

I wasn't sure if the Cosmos, Delta Control, Researchers, Transcievers, and Stones gave me sufficient draw power, but if I find I need more in testing, I'll keep TV Reporter in mind. (I was sure that was too old a card to be used, though).

Thanks to each and every one of you for your help. Any other suggestions would be awesome. In particular, I was wondering about which Dratini DS/Dragonair DS I should use. I was going with Thunder Jolt/Twister, since if I was forced to use them, they were able to stall better than their cousins. Then again, if I have to lead with a Dratini, and only have a Metal energy available, I can't attack first turn. Hmm.

Also - Holon Lake and HP Golduck. Should I use them to mitigate my Stadium problems?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back