Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Torterra Firma Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin T

Ok I know after this you guys are going to start kicking, screaming, pulling hair, wanting to smack me in the head, and all the above, but keep in mind that he has no idea what he is doing. Ok so here is the thing. This is my friend's deck and he desperately needs help on it. I told him to expect no less from the good folks at pokegym. It looks bad now, but hopefully this will change it. So without further ado, I present to you.... Torterra Firma Fury:redface:

Pokemon

Turtwig x2 DP
Turtwig DP01
Turtwig POP 6
Grotle x3 DP
Torterra x3 DP
Torterra X x2
Venonat x2 SW
Venomoth x2 SW
Tropius x2 SW
Sableye x2 SW
Sneasel x4 DP
Weavile x2 DP
Weavile SW
Snorlax DF
Charizard (Star) DF

Energies

Basic Darkness Energy x5
Special Darkness Energy x4
Grass Energy x12
Holon Energy GL x2

Trainers

Master Ball x2
Dusk Ball x2
Rival x2
Mr. Stone's Project
TV Reporter

So basically he wants to dominate with Torterra x. I told him to put in the veno set for something to use before getting out the torterra. The sableye are supposed to search for him. Basically, he just wanted to have a dark line in it So I apologize for the Charizard. The actual reason for the Charizard is because it was given to him by a special friend (yours truly) and it has sentimental value. I took a while to persuade him to give it up.

So that's just about it on the strategy. Too bad for him nothing ever works and he is usually a sitting duck. Ok lets get the responses flying.

I hate to say it, it's hard to play with so little energy and trainers.
To many pokemon that don't work well together.

Since Venomoth has a great poke-body, I'd keep his line and remove the Torterra line.
Also, try to get more basic dark energy. 4 Special can't be searched for fast.
With Roseanne's Research you can atleast search for basic energy AND basic pokemon like Charizard STAR.

Your buddy's list said:
Torterra x3 DP
Torterra X x2
This is considered playing 5 Torterras, which is illegal. He must remove one to make the number four, so how about removing a Torterra LV.X.

Yeah, the whole Charizard* thing made me lol, good job on convincing him to get rid of it.

The deck needs less energy and pokemon and more Trainers!

Good luck! :thumb:

I think a grass deck would scream for including Sceptile from GE to use Wild Growth poke-body.

Interesting Interesting. Does anyone else think these two would complement each other.

I hate to say it, it's hard to play with so little energy and trainers.
To many pokemon that don't work well together.

Since Venomoth has a great poke-body, I'd keep his line and remove the Torterra line.
Also, try to get more basic dark energy. 4 Special can't be searched for fast.
With Roseanne's Research you can atleast search for basic energy AND basic pokemon like Charizard STAR.

Well Torterra is the main point of his deck lol so I don't think he is going to take that out. With said, would you still think charizard can be pulled off?
:Edit:

Oh mew he will take it out, I just didn't know if getting rid of the whole dark line would be better for concentrating on Torterra. Also, will do on the extra x

definately, try to make the pokemon line look like this:
3-2-3 sceptile GE
3-2-3-1 Torterra/ Lv. X
and 4 of either stantler, pachirisu, or celebi MT for aa starter.

Ok I like where this is going with the sceptile. For him, I chose Pachirisu because of the colorless thing for call for family. Now would you suggest Sceptile being an attacker, or just someone to stay on the bench?

Well, you can always put it in a deck. Just make sure you have enough energy required to attack with Charizard Star.
Especially if you want to use it's second attack more than 1 time.

And since you want to play torterra, here is a deck idea:

Pokemon:
4 -3-3-1 Torterra
3-2-2 Sceptile
1 Charizard Star

total 19
Energy:
10 basic grass
8 basic dark

total 18
Trainers:
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
2 Premier Ball
3 Bebe's Search
4 Dusk Ball
2 Master Ball
2 Holon Mentor
Any trainer you want untill you got 60 cards

Rare Candy to evolve to Sceptile fast for Wild Growth which doubles Grass energy.
Attack and heal with Torterra.
Charizard Star for the fun of it.

I like the strategy, but there is no charizard at all anymore. It's a bad idea that needs to be replaced. I am going to keep the venomoth line too.

so
3-2-3-1 torterra
3-1-3 sceptile or 3-2-3
and 2-2 venomoth
and 4 pachi?
sounds good, just make sure to get rare candies.

Nice ok so we will do:

3-2-3-1 torterra
3-2-3 sceptile
and 2-2 venomoth
and 4 pachi

Now Lets talk about draw power.

I'll probably need more than that, but I'm sure I can get some ideas. So with the pachi, we can get rid of sableye. I guess the weavile would slow down things too huh?

Yes. Neither Weavile help....much.
Weavile SW can search and attach Dark energy for free and for 2 dark energy, it can throw away cards from your opponents hand. Free retreat and Dark Engage are just a small bonus.
Weavile DP can search for any 1 card from your deck for 1 dark energy....and that is pretty much it.

In short, don't put Dark types in a deck that is focused on one type.

I think he has the tropious for the switch thing, and snorlax for stalling. I guess we can keep the snorlax, but what about the tropius?

If you're going with Sceptile, I recommend 2-1-2 with 4 Rare Candies. I would run the Pokemon line like so (that is if I were playing torterra which I NEVER I WILL DO LOL):

3-2-3-1 Torterra
2-1-2 Sceptile
4 Pachirisu
2-2 Claydol

I wouldn't play anymore Pokemon than that!

I personnaly think Celebi MT is a good addition Grass deck.
It let´s you search and attach a Grass to charge up Leaf Tornado´first for free.
After you have 2 or more Grass energy attached, Leaf Tornado let´s you move Grass energy around. This can be powerfull with Sceptile in play.

If you're going with Sceptile, I recommend 2-1-2 with 4 Rare Candies. I would run the Pokemon line like so (that is if I were playing torterra which I NEVER I WILL DO LOL):

3-2-3-1 Torterra
2-1-2 Sceptile
4 Pachirisu
2-2 Claydol

I wouldn't play anymore Pokemon than that!

Well I'm just going by what people have been saying so far. Apperantly wild growth is good with torterra. If you think It could be done differently, feel free to respond.

I personnaly think Celebi MT is a good addition Grass deck.
It let´s you search and attach a Grass to charge up Leaf Tornado´first for free.
After you have 2 or more Grass energy attached, Leaf Tornado let´s you move Grass energy around. This can be powerfull with Sceptile in play.

I think that would make things a bit more slow.

Still debating on the Tropius. Also would 2 Snorlax do it better?

POKEMON: 23
Level-Up: 2
2 : Torterra Lv.X, DP-122
Stage 2: 4
2 : Sceptile, GE-8
2 : Torterra, DP-17
Stage 1: 5
1 : Grovyle, GE-40
2 : Claydol, GE-15
2 : Grotle, DP-49
Basic: 12
1 : Unown G, GE-57