Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Torterrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionheartDO

This is a deck list I am thinking about playing at Nationals. The idea is to smash hard with the new Torterra with only a couple energy on it using Sceptile to halve my energy costs. Here's the list:

Pokemon (21)
Turtwig 3x MD (no berry)
Grotle 2x MD
Torterra 3x MD
Torterra lv X DP
Treeko 2x GE
Grovyle GE
Sceptile 2x GE
Phione 3x MD (Evolution Wish)
Baltoy 2x GE
Claydol 2x GE

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (24)
Celio’s Network 3x
Roseanne’s Research 3x
Steven’s Advice 3x
Team Galactic’s Wager 2x
Professor Oak’s Visit 3x
Rare Candy 3x
Warp Point 2x
Night Maintenance
Time-Space Distortion 2x
Crystal Beach 2x

Energy (15)
Grass Energy 12x
Call Energy 3x

I try to start with Phione, maybe get a Call Energy on it turn one, and start getting my setup quick. I know Celebi is usually what is played in grass but getting evolutions will benefit more because I don't need that many energy cards early on. Claydol is there for obvious reasons to draw cards. I don't need more than one Sceptile out so the line for that is correct I think. Torterra is the main hitter. Ideally I should be doing 60 damage for one energy and 100 every other turn for 2 energy. Since Torterra is my main attacker I am only using one Lv X. I wanted to run Castaway and Buffer Piece but did not have room. I'd also like to play Leafeon and Leafeon Lv X, but it clutters the deck too much. Also, I've thought about playing a 1-1 line of Vespiqueen as a quick and cheap way to heal, but again, no room. Please tell me what you think of this build and any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I will post more deck ideas very soon also so please take a look at them as well. Thanks.

-3 stevens
+1 rare candy
+1 sunkern
+1 sunflora
sunflora can heal all of your grass pokemon after you earthquake with its power
you need 4 rare candy
you dont need the stevens if you have the claydol

Hate to disagree thunderz but steven and claydol have been best friends since claydol moved into the area. Draw to a six card hand then draw up to six more, that's awesome.

In terms of deck help I can't cause it seems alright, play with it and find out if you want to take out anything.

I'd play TV Reporter over oak's visit to get your useless call energy/phione out of your deck late game. And I'd also try and find a spot for that 4th rare candy.

-3 stevens
+1 rare candy
+1 sunkern
+1 sunflora
sunflora can heal all of your grass pokemon after you earthquake with its power
you need 4 rare candy
you dont need the stevens if you have the claydol
Insted of sunkern and sunflora, put in a 1-0-1 bastiodon. That way, your bench wont take damage in the first place.

Sceptiles power only works for grass pokemon, so that wouldn't work well.

A few modifications...

I ran a very similar deck for Battle Roads & it landed me 2nd place in the Master's division. I lost due to my Lv.X being in my prizes both times & the guy I lost to was running the cliche gardylade deck with Garchomp Lv. X to boot. Anyway, first things first...

Take out about 2 Leaf Energies-- you don't need that many if you are running Sceppy.

Change 1 Call Energy for a Scramble-- I ran 2-- make room b/c once you are losing (with more prizes than your opponent), you will abuse Torterra Lv.X's poke power & Scramble!

I ran 2-1-2 line of Sceppy b/c once he is knocked out, your Torterra is useless & very heavy

Make sure to run 4 Rare Candies

The hard part: who else do you put in, if you have Claydol, the Torterra line, & the Sceppy line? I ran strong Basic Pokemon that would abuse Sceppy to do big attack with little energy: I ran 1 Tropius from MT or SW (there is only one), 1 Carnivine (great to really do some disruption & kill pesky basics), & 1 Miltank (heals beautifully & STALLS).

My friend saw me go all the way to the final match at Battle Roads & called it a very strong Staller deck that can massive damage for very little energy.

Best of Luck.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back