Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tourists in SD : info needed

Michel

Two Belgian tourists coming to SD for Worlds need some touristic info :wink:

- are there visits organized from the Town and Country Resort ?

- are places like the Balboa Park, Wild Animal Park, Tijuana or a beautiful beach reachable by public transportation from the hotel ?

- how can we reach the hotel from the aiport (public transportation ?) ?

We'll stay 2 more days (Thursday and Friday) and we'd like to visit some interesting things at least one of these days, but I don't want to rent a car.
Any idea welcome :wink:

Last time, we've visited Sea World and the airport after the hotel was on fire :biggrin:

Thanks for your help

Michel, I'd try contacting the concierge at the Town and Country; I'm sure they must have tours or shuttles from the hotel to places like Balboa Park.

The San Diego Trolley line runs through Mission Valley; there is a stop at Fashion Valley Mall, which is right behind (on the other side of the 'river') the hotel. You can take the trolley downtown to the transit center and transfer to the trolley line which will take you right to the border; you can walk across to Tijuana. Make sure you have your passports/ID with you though for the return!

The Wild Animal Park is north of San Diego, in Escondido; depending on the time of day, we're talking a 30-40 minute drive to HOURS ;) depending on traffic. I-15 is not a good place to be during rush hour :( I'd guess you could find a tour/shuttle through the hotel for the WAP, too.

A good resource for visitor information is THIS. Hope this helps; feel free to email/PM/post any more questions :) Look forward to seeing you again at Worlds!

'mom

Back