Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament Operations Manager version 1.0 has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraMan

Gallery Admin Emeritus
For anyone that is a TO or a PTO, the new Tournament Manager Software has been released!

I've been using it for quite some time, and it does a pretty good job. :clap:

Below was on the OP forum site today

Tournament Operations Manager version 1.0 has been release. Any Tournament Organizer can download it off of the website.

1. First, log in to http://op.pokemon-tcg.com
2. Go to the Tournament > Rules & Resources page
3. Click on the Tournament Operations Manager 1.0 link
4. Make sure to read that entire page, including the license agreement
5. Either accept or decline the license agreement (You will only be allowed to download if you accept)
6. The software will automatically start downloading

While the software is downloading and installing, you can read the README file which has directions on installing, changes that have been made, and known errors with the program.

There is a help file in the program, so please refer to the help file before contacting POP.

Thanks,
Eric
[email protected]

Yeah, that I had to download Java for it to work. It's being a pain to download seeing that I've only got dialup. But once I get that up and running, I'll put it through it's paces. If anone has no luck with programs it has to be me. I always seem to find some way to break something.

The program has been in testing since around US Nationals so I wouldn't imagine that there are many major problems with it.

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Tournament Operations Manager
Vendor: Pokémon USA, Inc.
Category: Launch File Error

Unsupported JNLP version in launch file: 1.5+. Only version 1.0 is supported with this version. Please contact the application vendor to report this problem.

See! I told you I always seem to find some way to break a program! I certainly wasn't trying or anything. Any ideas anyone? I haven't the faintest idea what that error message meant, other than I can't use the program.

Last edited:
Garett,
Please review the system requirements section of the README file (the page that displays after you download the software). You must install JAva 1.5.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
procrastination_alley said:
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Tournament Operations Manager
Vendor: Pokémon USA, Inc.
Category: Launch File Error

Unsupported JNLP version in launch file: 1.5+. Only version 1.0 is supported with this version. Please contact the application vendor to report this problem.
Let me guess... Mac OS X? i had the same problem. But then I installed the latest version from Apple and it seemed to start downloading all the components but then got the a "Can't Launch Tournament Operations Manager" error again. Will try later today as soon as I have some time durring work.

By the way, it looks like Java 2 Standard Edition 5.0 is only available for Tiger (as far as I can Tell, which is ok since since my PowerBook is running it. Looks like there's no way my iMac G3 with Panther will run it though)

Looks like Eric was right. I knew I had Java installed, but apparently not 1.5. I know it's moot now, but I'm running Windows xp pro on a Celeron. I even had a bit of trouble figuring where to save it, I'm such a computer illiterate sometimes! But I figured it out. The program looks better, and certainly easier to work with.

So, the moral of the story - even if you know you have Java on your machine, it's good to go to the download site anyway, because the site will detect your version, and you can download it if it's needed.

nfgcgrb said:
For anyone that is a TO or a PTO, the new Tournament Manager Software has been released!

For anyone who's not a TO or PTO but would like to check out the software is there any way to get ?

Please let me know.
Thanks
:pokeball:

I've tried to install software on my PC desktop and all is ok, but I have a little problem with my laptop.
This PC run WIN98 and I can not upgrade to other OS because I use for my job and some programs run only with Win98.
The program is ok but I can't be able to print standings, pairings and so on.
When I click on "print" a sort of DOS WIndows appear for a few second and IE don't start.
Could you help me?

totoro said:
So us Mac users need to upgrade to Tiger??
Currently that seems to be the case. I'll look into figuring out how to get it to work for non-Tiger OS X.

Prof Donphan said:
I've tried to install software on my PC desktop and all is ok, but I have a little problem with my laptop.
This PC run WIN98 and I can not upgrade to other OS because I use for my job and some programs run only with Win98.
The program is ok but I can't be able to print standings, pairings and so on.
When I click on "print" a sort of DOS WIndows appear for a few second and IE don't start.
Could you help me?
This is a known problem with Windows 98. We're currently looking into it. In the mean time, please manually open the html file for each report. They can be found in <program install directory>/data/reports.

Thanks,
Eric

totoro said:
So us Mac users need to upgrade to Tiger??
It sure looks like it.

I've searched all of the Apple Downloads Page and I can only find that J2SE 1.4.2 is the newest version supported by Panther. But Tiger has support for 5.0 even though it installs 1.4.2 by defualt (whats with the huge version jump?). You have to manully download 5.0 from Apple, install, and manully set the preferances to run the 5.0 Java environment :confused:

Good thing my PowerBook supports Tiger. Now to get it to just work.

Last edited:
I found a serious bug.. When I imported registered players from the old TM program all named looked fine. But when re-opening the program, all the special norwegian characters like "æ", "ø" and "å" are messed up.

Friends of mine named Stålnacke became StÃ¥lnacke... and Sømod became Sømod... not too cool.

...and I can't just edit these names and re-enter the program.. they still go back to their alien alter ego names...

[EDIT]... More trouble. I found out I couldn't view the standings and not the game history of most of the players... I thought this was all due to me importing all these players... so I deleted them all... and entered 8 new test players with non-"æøå" names... Everything went smoothly (even though I miss the ability to decide how many rounds to play myself, and mixing swiss with a single play cut off... in one tournament..,)

But next time I tried to enter manually an "Æøå" guy, and exit and re-enter... and he was now called "Åæøåæøe"... so this problem isn't just related to importing players (even though standings/match history worked smoothly when using all newly added players...)

I have Java on automatic update, and checked I have the correct version. I run Windows XP Home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back