Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament question

Fawkes0126

If there are going to be new tournaments involving GBA as well as cards, do you have to use a new game supplied to you at the tournament? And if not, do your pokemon need to be at a certain level? :confused:

This is a question best suited for the Tournaments forum, but...

You need your own copy and your own Pokémon. The rules are Battle Tower L50, Pokémon up to L50. Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and I presume Jirachi and Deoxys are forbidden in tournaments.

Here's some more information:

Each round of GBA play will be 3 vs. 3 with a 10 minute time limit. After 8 minutes are expired, recovery moves (such as Rest, Moonlight, Recover, don't know about Dream Eater), are no longer allowed. Groudon, Kyoger, and Rayquaza are prohibited, but not others you can get in the game (i.e. Lati@s is allowed, Non-Houenn region pokemon and Jirachi&Deoxyribonucles are not).

For more help check out http://op.pokemon-tcg.com. For information about the battle rules. Also I recommend that your team can win in the battle tower before it faces human competition. Also, if you have a GBA player for Gamecube. Use its timer for 8 minutes to regulate practice runs. I recommend you have a player's guide to study which Pokemon fit your style for this event. The Nintendo Power one is priceless really, because it tells what moves the Pokemon is capable of, evolution, stats, etc.

All of the comments above are really useful, for preparing for the Ruby & Sapphire Challenge. I'd also suggest deciding your strategy for held items as well.

Back