Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament Software Problem

Feraligatr

I just downloaded the Nintendo software. I save a tournament file (.trn) and exit the software program. When I open the software again and try to open the saved file I get the following error message:

Run-time error '91': object variable or With block variable not set

Does anyone know how I can solve this ? My operating system is Windows XP.

You can't if the .trn files downloaded from the website - they are not formatted correctly. However, when you finish your registration for an event, you can save to that file (it will overwrite the data in that file). I ran in to the same problem. You may want to do an uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Last edited:
I have consistently had this same problem - and the only way I've found to get around it is not to close the tournament file (I still have mine open from yesterday... :() until everything is done.

I've reported this and although Jimmer replied, I didn't get a reply to my last (31 Oct) email with anything helpful towards fixing the problem you describe (and which I gave detailed error messages in my report).

DaytonGymLeader and RainbowRichards thanks for your help. I tried the suggestion of creating the tournament and keeping it open until all the tournament results were entered. I was able to exit out the program and then later on open the file back up. I also found out (after the fact) how to select a tie (definitely not intuitive). I did encounter something interesting which I have forwarded to Nintendo. When the tournament was over I had one result for 3rd and 4th. Two days later when I opened the program and file, went to the last round (Age Modified Swiss) these players were reversed when viewing the results. Turns out the results right after the tournament were correct because I checked their ratings after entering the results online. It's not a big deal except if you ever go back too look at the results for prior tournaments. Have either one of you experienced this or am I doing something wrong ? Thanks again!!!

I, too, found (to some relief) that I could later re-open a finished tournament file (whew!).

I hadn't looked for the issue you discovered - the TRN file simply reports who won each match of each round (the Access database application does the rest of the calculating of tie-breaker %, et. al.)

I haven't seen the problem you're describing, but did find something else out. Back up players.mdb religiously. If this file gets damaged or lost, you will run in to problems later on down the road. I performed a reload on my laptop and inadvertently didn't get that file. Now, I cannot view some of my older tournaments because the results file doesn't have the players ages in it. The app then prompts you for an age of the player then errors out with a Run-time 13, type mismatch. Not in the least bit fun.

Back