2x Palmer's Contribution

Energy: 10
3 Fighting Energy
2 Fire Energy
3 Rainbow Energy
2 Call (or Rescue) energy

OK.
Strategy:
Start with hopefully a Jirachi and a Collector. Collector for 2 gligars, a uxie, and 1 of each fire SP's.
Get a Cyrus's Chain and get the energy's needed (and possibly a few supports that are needed. i.e Bebe's for LvX's or whatev.) Then, have 2 types of gliscors out, retreat jirachi (if it's not dead)
Send out the Burning Poison Gliscor... BURN THEM, then send it back to your hand. Send out the other Gliscor so they can't evolve heal. Possibly drop a mespirit or something to power block. Level up the gliscor next turn, then pwn them with attacks.
After this... Use the Fire types to do 40 extra damage to them and be able to switch out unfavorable stuff (basically a bright-look per turn) and take out their bench sitters/supports that can't retreat. Rinse and repeat.
Not bad for a 10 minute deck from a noob, huh? :p

Question 1) would POSSIBLY be a competitive level deck.
Question 2) What would you recommend for it to be a GOOD competitive deck? :)
Question 3) Did I miss something big? It feels like I did... :eek:

That is all.
Please help me out on this one!

Last edited:
I'm impressed. The thought put into this strategy is really pro. Unfortunately, Dialga G Lv X would shut it down completely. The rest of the SPs could just Pokéturn up their active to get around the poison/burn. SP decks really force people to throw out good ideas, I can't wait until they're all out of format.

But as long as you're not up against a heavy SP metagame, you should be golden! I'm really impressed with how far every one in Bartlesville has come since you guys started.

Haha what if I trainerlocked? :)
Lolz and thank you! :) I like this idea, and I already have 1 of the gliscor x chains... If I wanted to i could get the rest (except blaziken and Infernape) pretty easily. :p
... OR what if i teched in a chain of SF machamp for SP decks? it already has fighting energy, and I was thinking about BTSing this anyways. (for after I return that gliscor to my hand I can replay it and free retreat the lv x and repeat it.)
PLUS. this deck would be hitting 120 with an E-Belt :D

Thanks for the advise Jonny! :)
You need to visit us more... :p are you in town? :eek: (prolly not. but it's worth asking :p)

---------- Post added 03/17/2011 at 04:23 PM ----------

And BTW... the research for this deck, along with piecing the strategy took a total of 15-20 minutes.
I didn't know exactly what Infernape and Blaziken did before that... :)

OH! IDEA!!!
what if I judged SP decks OR looker's investigation to get rid of PokeTurns before I burned them and stuff? ;)

No, I stayed in OKC for spring break. Sorry!

I would throw out the whole Gliscor idea, and use Blaziken (PL). You can burn them with a PokéPower, instead of having to set up with an attack.

:ppowr: Fire Breath
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon. That Pokémon is now Burned. This power can't be used if Blaziken is affected by a Special Condition.

Use Infernape E4 lvX to bring out what you want to KO, then burn it with Blaziken, Blaziken FB LvX will make you do 40 more damage, add in Heatran LvX to keep from discarding energies, and your Blaziken will be hitting with Fire Spin for 140 without expert belt or weaknesses. Gyarados will not be able to handle it, once you're set up.

You could even use this Ninetales for a drawing engine.

---------- Post added 03/18/2011 at 03:43 AM ----------

It sounds like you need to set up a lot for the combo to work, but you really don't. You just need to get out Blaziken PL to burn and attack with, and Blaziken FB Lv X to do the 40 extra damage. Everything else is just extra.

Last edited:
Hmm... I like Gliscor, So i'm gonna try and stick with him.
I think adding Infernape will be too much Bench taken up for no reason. (late game, switching out is pointless...)
And it's just another thing to set up.
I could take out the fire energies altogether (rainbow should suffice), and add in an electric attacker (Possibly Luxray G X tech? for G'dos matchup AND switching?) with 2 lightning energies... does that sound better? :)

---------- Post added 03/18/2011 at 01:25 PM ----------

That's one reason I don't wanna give up Gliscor (I just LIKE him) another, is I don't wanna be just another guy running an SP deck... ya know? :p

I can dig it. Luxray G Lv X wouldn't be a good attacker against Gyarados. The best thing it could do is just snipe around it. Unless you run the entire Luxchomp deck to support it. You'll need Lucario G to make Gyarados x2 weak, instead of +30 weak. Since that will only make Luxray hit for 120, you'll need some Crobat Gs or Skuntank G to clean up the mess, and you'll definitely need some Poké Turns. If you don't one shot Gyarados, it'll warp/seeker heal or supper scoop up. If it doesn't heal, it will just take the prize loss and play the same Gyarados back down next turn because it had a rescue energy attached or it will just Pokémon Rescue a Magikarp and get another Gyarados from the hand/deck.

Last edited:
OR. I could just keep it the way I have it, and add in a buck's training or 2...
That way, I'll be hitting 130, plus a burn. That burn could do the extra 20 damage, if not, it will DEFINATELY make the gyra retreat. Then I can just repeat the process.
I do know that this deck is not an auto-loss against G'dos though. My guess (i haven't playtested against though) is it's 40-60 without the Infernape E4. :p

---------- Post added 03/18/2011 at 02:09 PM ----------

And I already have 2 Crobat G's in this deck and 2 poketurns. I could knock it out with them instead of buck's training. I can 2 poketurns, and a seeker in one turn.

I say it's better to use Infernape to snipe out what you can OHKO. That way you don't have to worry about wasting resources on Gyarados.

Haha alright. :p well, then I can use rescue energy in this deck more than call energy... if I get a collector T1 or T2 I can get 6 basics... call is useless. :p
Rescue to snipe out whatever is on the bench (regice and whatnot), Infernape to switch to it, then combo it with both gliscors, send up Jirachi or something so i can double bebe's or Cyrus's or something while my gligars take 1 turn to re-set up. (double cyrus's for possibly 2 poketurns to take out that gyarados...)
Oh well.
This is still gonna be a fun deck. :) While verging on competitive.

I just noticed that you have some Power Sprays in there. You need to have three SP Pokémon in play, before you'll be able to use Power Spray. Power Spray is best to hurt your opponent's set up (stop Uxie, Mespirit, Regice, etc.), but if you don't run an SP deck, you wont be able to Power Spray until late game. An SP deck will start with at least one SP Pokémon, then most likely use the call energy for two more SP Pokémon on the first turn. Then it could Power Spray whenever.

I realized that when I started Play testing this on RS :p
LOL. But I can do that w/ a uxie drop... Why I only have 2. :p I found I could Cyrus's one out late game when I had a bat in my hand, Cro-kill them, leave it, then after I make my move can halt decks that use massively important poke-powers... so they aren't COMPLETELY pointless... but, I can replace them. What should I replace them for? Junk arms? Warp Points? VS Seekers? Judge?

---------- Post added 03/20/2011 at 11:33 AM ----------

Or possibly Energy Gain? (for Blaziken)
HOWEVER. I can power-spray an SP Healing-Breath (chomp c x) or a Bright Look (luxy) or a Blissey Prime's Healing thing w/ Steelix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back