ToxicMuk

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by i like nachos, Nov 9, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i like nachos

i like nachos New Member

Pokemon 16

3x Grimer SW
    3x Muk SW
    4x Crogunk
    4x Toxicroak
    2x Skarmory EX

Trainers 30

4x Energy Removal
    3x Roseannes Research
    4x Prof. Oaks Visit
    3x Celios
    2x Bebes
    3x Windstorm
    2x Night Maintenence
    2x Copycat
    1x Warp point
    2x Battle Frontier
    4x Pokedex Handy 910is

Energy 14

4x DRE
    2x Multi
    8x :psychic:

The strategy is pretty simple use Muk and Toxicroak to poison and Skarmory EX to do 30 if they retreat

Tell me what ya think:thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. Kimppa

Kimppa New Member

Spioler ?

3. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

SW is out already..

4. i like nachos

i like nachos New Member

5. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

-1 psychic
    +1 DRE

-4 Stantler
    +4 ER2
    -1 Skarmory Ex
    -1 Roseanne's
    +2 Battle Frontier

maybe add quick ball too

6. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Since Muk can only poison if they have grass energy attached, wouldn't it be smarter to play Crobat instead of Toxicroak? Then you're confusing and toxic poisoning them and making them unable to retreat. That sounds like much more of a pain to me.

7. robinsjg

robinsjg New Member

Unfortunately I also think that Muk is too unreliable. Your strategy is really good though. Cacturne with Sidney's Stadium from PK would be more reliable. You can tech in Weaville SW so that all of your poke get the sleep, paralysis, and confusion immunities from the stadium and use Scott to get the stadium in to your hand.

8. i like nachos

i like nachos New Member

I play Muk for its attack as well 3 for confusion and no retreating can be very useful.
    Madhatter- I'll try it see how it works

9. GenesisTwilight

GenesisTwilight New Member

The fact that Muk's attack prevents retreating yet you still have Skarmory EX in the deck seems counterproductive to me.

10. olliver4446

olliver4446 New Member

im not sure how good the deck works but it seems fun.

11. freakysmiley

freakysmiley New Member

... the only bad thing is that muk needs the defending pokemon to have a grass energy on it and grass isnt that big at the moment(excluding t2k) you better hope your opponents playing multis or DRE

... something that might help in this deck is crobat probably the best thing to go with toxicroak at least imo atm

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  12. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

If your thinking crobat, why not just tech in a 1-1-1 Venusaur SW??? It is a flip, but crobat is a one time deal and to attack with it is iffy, what if it is your only poke, just let it sit there and take damage?? Venusaur at least you can get multiple status situations with Muk active and then wOOt.. your cookin with crisco!

13. Muk Man

Muk Man New Member

just run 4 bebe's search,
    and drop pokedex to add some 4 castaway

and way to much energy drops it for strength charm

14. i like nachos

i like nachos New Member

... the only bad thing is that muk needs the defending pokemon to have a grass energy on it and grass isnt that big at the moment(excluding t2k) you better hope your opponents playing multis or DRE
    Freakysmiley- DRE and Multi are extremly played in my area 95% of decks here play them

just run 4 bebe's search,
    and drop pokedex to add some 4 castaway

and way to much energy drops it for strength charm
    Muk Man- The Pokedexs make the deck very fast and I tryed Castaway but I didn't need them.

15. megatron007

megatron007 New Member

play crobat in the deck, and a 2-2 line of cacturne PK. venusaur depends of the coin but is a good alternative of crobat. Crobat works well with a super scoop up in the deck. eliminate the skarmory ex because muk (your main pkmn) prevents retreats of the opponent pkmn, and if the skarmory ex is knock out your opponent takes 2 prices (duels with this type of strategies are long and competitives, pkmn ex have you a great disadvantage in the dp era)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.