Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toxistall

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrot53

so the basic idea of thius deck is to poison them and not let them get rid of it but only by retreating and to make that harder we have ariados to make them give up another energy. plz post comments or help it out a little thanks!

:psychic:TOXISTALL:psychic:

Pokemon
4-2-4 Crobat MT
3-3 Toxicroak
2-2 Ariados MT

Trainers
3 celios
3 Tv reporter
3 mentor
2 rowan
1 scott
1 team galactics
3 windstorm
4 candy
2 scoop up
2 switch
4 holon circle

ENERGY
8 psychic
2 dre
1 multi

im actually in the middle of buildign the same deck.

so advice givin to me i shall pass on....add in 2 Skamory ex and you have a very dangerous posion lock, and warp points

My concern for you in this deck, is being able to continue the Poisoning... so realistically:

The Bench: 2 Ariados, 1 Skarmory Ex (if you go that route), 1 Toxicroak, and 1 Rebuilding Crobat.

Active Crobat doing the sniping.

IMHO this will be very difficult to maintain. Even if you - Skarmory Ex.... it still makes it difficult to cycle the Crobats. Ariados is a good Play, but me thinks a 2-1-2 or 1-0-1 Queen d line would be better to allow more consistancy with getting the Bats back out! You might look into this style:

Pokemon
3-2-3 Crobat MT
2-2 Toxicroak
2-1-2 Nidoqueen d

^^
That is good advice. What about Golduck δ to keep the opponent from playing a stadium over the Holon Circle. Then their only option is Windstorm or attack. How about Flygon ex δ to attack, It can help in crobat's sniping and has plenty of HP. Just ideas to try, they may be awful, not sure :lol:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

WOAH! just thought of something! you could play 4 ER 2 (energy removal) and make it so they can't attack to get Holon Circle gone!! That will support you strategy of stall!!

(I was thinking of making a deck like this soon too. I liked toxicroak)

Last edited:
Pokemon 20
4-3-4 Crobat MT
2-2 Toxicroak
2-2 Ariados MT
1 Skarmory ex

Trainers 28
4 celios
3 Stevens Advice
3 mentor
2 rowan
2 scott
1 team galactics
4 windstorm
4 candy
4 holon circle
2 TSD

ENERGY 12
9 psychic
3 dre

Changes in quote

IMO TSD really helps this deck to cycle all all your power things that may have died . Since Cessation is castaway able you need for windstorms since it shuts down your whole deck. I think it leaves much to be desired this deck at a whole but keep playnig with it.
Other reasons for fixes
2 Scott ensures you will have a Circle when you need it. But even with circle you only stall for a few turns .
Still from what i see this deck sets up really slow but try it maybe it will work

Now were even for me stealing your electivire lv x trade:thumb:

Here's a crazy thought, haven't really thought it out all the way... what about putting in a Flareon*? You've already got them locked in, making it painful for them to retreat, why not auto-burn them as well? It'll of course burn you too, but Crobat has a zero retreat cost, so you can retreat (or use Crobat's disappear attack) much easier than they can... makes it double-effective when you put down one of those holon circles... and he would work with your scoop ups.

Food for thought, anyway.

Last edited:
Muk from DP3 along with Holon WP will be great to play Crobat with.

Muk L.43 – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Grimer

Poke-Body: Toxic Sludge
At the end of each turn, each of your opponent’s Active Pokemon that has any Grass Energy attached to it becomes Poisoned. This Body has no effect on Pokemon that are already Poisoned.

[P][P][C] Panic Liquid: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

So Muk would be your attacker. Use Crobat for it's Power, and to clean up with. His body is cool because all of the DRE/Scramble/Castform usage would trigger Toxic Sludge as well. WP would also give Muk zero retreat cost.

~Jim

I think the D/P Snorlax somewhat runs well in this deck, it's first attack for 1 energy stops the defending pokemon from retreating so when everything is set up, they take 20 for poison between turns, they can't evolve or de evolve to remove it, and now all of a sudden they can't retreat to remove poison either. And if all runs well, when they are down to enough HP and if Snorlax is evolve from munchlax, you can boost for the finishing blow to your opponent's pokemon.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=31427

I think the D/P Snorlax somewhat runs well in this deck, it's first attack for 1 energy stops the defending pokemon from retreating so when everything is set up, they take 20 for poison between turns, they can't evolve or de evolve to remove it, and now all of a sudden they can't retreat to remove poison either. And if all runs well, when they are down to enough HP and if Snorlax is evolve from munchlax, you can boost for the finishing blow to your opponent's pokemon.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=31427

>_< Snorlax is an awful card. It is weak to Mario, but luckily that isn't a deck, so there should be no problem there. But in all seriousness, 4 NRG for 40 damage is AWFUL and 4 for 70 on a stage 1 is still awful. There is no synergy between the strategy and Snorlax because Ariados is enough to stop them in most cases. Keep in mind that Snorlax's attack won't prevent the ever popular Warp Point and the crumby Switch. :thumb:

Switch and warp point might get around Snorlax, but the same thing goes for Ariados. And it might have a terrible 2nd attack and it might take forever to get it powered up, but if it's evolved from Munchlax it does an additional 30 damage, and you can easilly boost for the 2nd attack so you don't waste time powering up something else.

Switch and warp point might get around Snorlax, but the same thing goes for Ariados. And it might have a terrible 2nd attack and it might take forever to get it powered up, but if it's evolved from Munchlax it does an additional 30 damage, and you can easilly boost for the 2nd attack so you don't waste time powering up something else.

*nods* I see your point, but none of the other cards in this deck will benefit from a boost energy much and it is not worth the deck space to add an evo line and more energy. :thumb:

I guess you're right there, maybe Snorlax can be setup to benefit off of DRE then. I've really wanted to build a poison lock deck for quite sometime and this deck has the best potential to lock in poison, either if it's done by ariados or if it's done by snorlax.

Yeah Flareon* is nice, but it BURNS YOU and then your retreat cost for Crobat is no longer zero because of that spyder, Ariados.

The guy up there had a better idea with Muk. Snorlax is terrible you'll never win a game with that. With Muk you don't even need Ariados so that leaves room for a 1-0-1 line of Nidoqueen having it look like this.

4-4 Muk
3-2-3 Crobat ( 4-3-4????) idk
1-0-1 Nidoqueen
1-1 Toxicroak
Flareon* is optional, but I like it

Energy like this

4 DRE
2 Scramble maybe 3

the rest Psychic and a tech Holon WP for whenever you decide to lay down Flareon*

i have always wanted to make a deck like this and as soon as we get Toxicroak we lose our best toxic attackers :(

I've been thinking of a smiliar deck, but adding in a 3-3 Swalot (CG) line instead of an Ariados (MT) line. Swalot (CG) would be a good attacker doing 110 damage with an additional 20 from poison and possibly another 20 for burn. That's not too likely, but Swalot (CG) could still easily do 70 plus 20 from poison.

So here's another crazy idea. It goes with the theme 'toxistall'.

3-2-3 crobat
3-2-3 typhlosion d (df)
2-2 toxicroak
2 skarmory ex

4 holon circle
4 candies
3-4 windstorm (get rid of the accursed cess crystal)
4 super energy removal 2
2 scott
other trainers

10 psychic energy
4 fire energy
4 double rainbow energy

Okay... dude... this hit me while I was in the shower...

Typhlosion would be your main attacker (he's psychic, which fits right into this deck). He can burn AND he can move a damage counter per turn. This is key becuase his power still works when you have your holon circle working. Set up crobat on the bench for the in-your-face double poison, toxicroak so they can't easily get rid of the poison. Skarmory makes it more painful for them to retreat. So your holon circle keeps you from taking any damage, and they will be taking anywhere from 50 damage (double poison + typhlosion's power)/turn to 90 dmg per turn (poison/power/burn)... while you take no damage at all. :) I liked the energy removal idea earlier, it helps somewhat keep your circles in place, and it's another way to mess with them while you stall. If they retreat despite the fact that skarmory will hurt them, you can use Typhlosion's power to bonk them on the bench, or rotate up a crobat and snipe. It's probably worth putting in a couple of cyclone energies too, to have greater control of the game.

It's beautiful, really. A piece of art, I think.

The main drawback is that you can't get your holon circles back after using them; I guess you have to be careful about those.

This rocks so much I think I might try it out myself. It will rock Mario's socks, and so many stage 2 decks don't work if they are affected by conditions. How great is that? I think it has a lot of potential vs. a damage spread deck too, becuase if you play a phoebe's stadium, that's a free retreat for typhlosion, you can rotate a couple around per turn and put multiple of those 'aqua shower' bench damage counters right back where they came from. :-D

What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back