Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toybox 2nd Place Masters

TOYBOX

I woke up like 5 or 6 times before I even should have and continuously delayed getting ready to the point that I realized I couldn't drive over to meet my ride, so I called and he obliged to come get me from mi casa. Befoer that I started blasting random songs while eating a piece of chicken in the fridge. So my ride gets there, and I'm gone. After the day before in Tuscon, I decided I'd play a ssrs bsnss deck again, since GUAM and LAMU were total fails. I opted for SP Toybox(Lux/Chomp/Blaze) After a quick list, I decided to heck with it, no M2X counter. But like always, it ends up being the factor that I had to beat in order to win. UGHHHH. I'm so sick of having to counter random jank. :/

So we get there and Mitch doesn't have a deck. I noticed what everyone was playing, and Beedrill seemed like a solid play, so I suggested it, but he ended going like 1-3 or something. It's not my fault, blame the terribad state of AZ.

Round 1 vs. RhyCatty
He starts with a lone Azelf while I have Luxray active with Chomp on the bench, Cyrus, Uxie, and Power Sprays in hand. I kill his setup with Luxray and Dragon Rush everything he built up ftw.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Gengar
I have no idea why suddenly leveryone played this deck, lol. I just OHKO everything besides the Gengars and Psy Restore when I have to. I misplay and forget to drop a trainer vs. Poltergeist which made the match go to sudden death via Fainting Spell. Gengar can't take many prizes vs. SP early game so he stalled with trainer lock while I waited for him to break it so I could Premier Ball/Luxray X and OHKO anything for game. Which, I did.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Gengar/Gross
He would have donked me, but I top deck Crobat, retreat, Guard and pass. He gets the T1 and I lol to myself how lucky I was. I proceed to destroy his field with Garchomp/Blaze/Lux and I never hit a Gengar w/o Psy Restoring. He got awful garbage late game, so I swept. Sorry Drew!

3-0

Round 4 vs. Absolutely Stupid lol
He played Mewtwo, I didn't play a counter. :/

3-1

Top 4 vs. Gyarados

Game 1 : I had the game from the start, but I misplay by Bebeing for a Lux X intead of a Uxie for 6. LOL I scoop 2 turns later.

Game 2: Luxray GL sweeps Gyarados.

Game 3: Luxray GL sweeps Gyarados. And, I had the Chomp for the lst prize, he scooped.

4-1

Top 2 vs. Absolutely a Waste of Time
Game 1: Uxie donk

Game 2: I draw into random jank and proceed to scoop.

So I got 2nd, wooohooo. lol

Props:
Julie P.
Luxray/Chomp <-- Deck I should have played
Mitch, for the ride
MSG in mah fooodz

Slops:
idk

Good job. If you need a mewtwo counter Ninetales MT counters Mewtwo, Machamp, Flygon and Beedril if you put in lucario gl. Good luck on future tournaments.

Last edited:
than but I actually dropped the mewtwo for consistency since I didn't need a counter at previous brs

Back