Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Toys R Us Pokemon Play day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

who is going to the pokemon play day at Toys R Us this saturday ? I might go if I know they have a new promo that is not out yet. Does anyone know what the promo will be . see ya later :D :pokeball:

Last edited:
I'm gonna go, they will be demoing the Trainer Kits, wouldn't mind getting those for free. I just hope that they know what to do this time. Pretty sure the Promo will be the League Chimecho, but who knows what Nintendo will choose. :)

Around February (may have been January), I asked a Toys R' Us if they would be willing to host a Pokémon league. Their answer of "You'll have to call our corporate office" and the failure to give me any information that the corporate office would know their store by (store number and such) was of course the way of saying "no, we don't think so."

However, with Toys R' Us being host to a number of Pokémon promotions, do you think it'd be seriously worth it to try again and actually call their corporate office if told to do so?

Last edited:
Toys R Us are idiots, I'm not coming to their 'play date', I'm goin' to regular league, getting the same promo, and shooting toward getting the Torchic promo as well.

If I can get my car back tomorrow, I will be going Saturday morning before work. The first one I went to about a month ago only had a turnout of five people including myself; there were about a dozen others at the time playing Yu-Gi-Oh. :mad:

Shadow Card, I asked a similar question to the TRU associate running the demo, and I received the same answer. Players in my area would like to see another League, even at a TRU, but it seems eternally doubtful. I hope something good between Nintendo and TRU can happen that benefits Pokémon altogehter - the game and its players.

Yeah most people got free decks from Hidden Legends, so most likely the Trainer Kits will be given away as well. :)

last time i went. no free decks unfortunately.... :( . the guy was real nice and he ran the yu-gi-oh league. he used to run the pokemon league. i talked to him about setting up a pokemon league again .and he said he would see what he can do . i haven't followed up on it . i will talk to him some more this sat and see what he says . see ya later :D :pokeball:

Water Pokemon Master said:
Is it this Saturday and if so at what time?

The Pokémon TCG is Returing to Toys 'R' Us!

Visit your local Toys 'R' Us on Saturday, July 24th, from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., to demo the Pokémon TCG: EX Trainer Kit! And, with the completion of a short demo you will receive a free promo card!

You can also trade and play the Pokémon TCG with other fans!

Mark your Calendars...Pokémon Play Days at Toys 'R' Us
Saturday, July 24th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, August 28th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

i wish they wouldn't run yu-gi-oh league during this time . i would call your local toys r us and ask to make sure they r having it . i called last time and they didn't know what i was talking about . then i went anyways and other people showed up and they suddenly found the kit .... so they did have it after all .

there ya go . see ya later :D :pokeball:

Last edited:
I still have the league kits from the old league under a couch. I refuse to give them away like other league leaders did when their leagues went under. I have the stuff but no where to host it :(

At this event on July 24, there will be Nintendo/POP people running it, right? It won't be Toys R' Us people. Or will Toys R Us people be running the event?

I will definitely try this Saturday. That way, there will be someone I can talk to for sure, POP or Toys R' Us guy who voluntarily chose to (or was forced to) demo the stuff, instead of a random manager.

Last edited:
no nintendo/pop people will be running it ,at least i not last time . it will be someone from toys r us . they don't really run it . it is just like they give u the kit and watch u play and then give u a promo . i don't think many people there will know how to play and teach the game . if they can't teach it to anyone . what is the point of this event ? :D :pokeball:

Last edited:
I'll be going to Play Day. There are no leagues in my area, so I have no one else to play with except my brother. ;) And I do have a feeling that my Toy's R Us is going to be starting their league again. The guy in charge seems to really enjoy the game. ;)

I am becoming sick of TRU not knowing anything.

I just called my local store. They have not heard of any event (which is tomorrow). They tell me to call their customer service which I did. They did not know anything either (though the lady was very polite). It is apparently only POP giving out the info and TRU, again, knows nothing about it.

For those of us who don't have a regular league (hear, Chicago), this is a great thing. Something to keep me occupied during the one day of the week during which I do absolutely nothing, even on a busy day.

i went today cause i had nothing else to do. they did give out the chimecho promos. there was only 2 people me and my cousin . so we played and got 2 chimecho's , a playmat and the promo holder from target all for free just for playing one game . they had the ex trainer kit ,but i didn't want to play with it since i know how to play .... and i brought my decks with me . :D :pokeball:

I called my Toys R Us and they told me that they do them on Tuesdays. Got ready for the Play Day for nothing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back