Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Trainer - Copycat

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke-dad

Card Text - Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, count the number of cards in your opponent's hand and draw that many cards.

This happened to my son so I became curious. He didn't ask his opponent how many cards were in his hand before he played copycat. Playing it caused him to deck out. My question is that if you don't have enough cards in your deck to fulfill the requirement (draw as many cards as are in your opponents hand) do you draw as many as possible or can you just not play the card?

And, if it does cause you to draw all remaining cards, does the game end there or can you finish your turn and then lose your next turn when you can't draw?

You would do as much as you could do, in this example drawing all the cards left in your deck. Since you do not lose the game if you have no deck, you would finish your turn, doing any other legal moves you might want to do. Hopefully you would win the game however, because on your next turn you would not be able to draw a card, which does cause you to lose the game.

BDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back