Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Trainers/Supporters for Flygon deck?

Recently, I've been experimenting with an extremely teched-over Flygon deck (1-1 Weavile SW, 1-1-1 Nidoqueen RR, 1-0-1 Machamp SF). I've had some success so far at various Leagues, but it needs to be a bit more tournament-ready. What I need is something that can bring my Evolved Pokemon out very, very rapidly. I've experimented with TM TS-1, but I need something faster than that. What might be some Trainer/Supporter cards that would help me do that (besides the obvious Bebe's, Roseanne's, BTS, and Luxury Ball?).

- Croatian_Nidoking

4 Pokedex Handy
4 Pokedrawer +
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Lux Ball

Max out the Bebe's and Roseanne's as well as the BTS and Candy. That will give you the speed that you are looking for, although it does cut back on your options for interesting techs and such.

phione MD can start. its attack lets you evolve something.
thats a starter though. beats having to use the TM on T2 if you go first...

IDK quick ball perhaps (though it grabs any pokemon that comes up first)
great ball to get basics so you search evo's w/bebe i guess.
basically just go with draw supporters i guess and pokedex handys.

4 Pokedex Handy
4 Pokedrawer +
4 Felicity's Drawing
2 Lux Ball

Max out the Bebe's and Roseanne's as well as the BTS and Candy. That will give you the speed that you are looking for, although it does cut back on your options for interesting techs and such.

That's a little too much (over half my deck as Trainers! Where's all the Flygons and Claydols and such gonna go?), and I'm looking for a balance of teching and speed. Not too fond of Pokedrawer, unfortunately. If you've only got 1 in your hand, it won't do much for you (unlike Blower and especially Healer).

I've got both Call NRG and Roseanne's to get my Basics out very rapidly, so Quick Ball or PokeRadar might be the play for me. I'll try both out.

- Croatian_Nidoking

I really like Jirachi RR. It basically lets you reuse your supporter for the turn so if you Bebe's for the Vibrava you can use it again as your attack to get the Flygon. It has free retreat or if you sacrifice it you have the power which lets you get ANY card from your deck.

That's a little too much (over half my deck as Trainers! Where's all the Flygons and Claydols and such gonna go?), and I'm looking for a balance of teching and speed. Not too fond of Pokedrawer, unfortunately. If you've only got 1 in your hand, it won't do much for you (unlike Blower and especially Healer).

I've got both Call NRG and Roseanne's to get my Basics out very rapidly, so Quick Ball or PokeRadar might be the play for me. I'll try both out.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Well Flygon normally plays 2-3 Claydol and with some decenrt supporters for draw power, as well as Pokedex, getting the second Drawer is pretty easy, not to mention that they are amazing for setting up a 1-0-1 tech without much trouble.

^ I haven't seen any Flygon decks in my area that run Pokedex. Have you?

Also, I don't run draw power (other than Claydol) in my Flygon deck since it slows me down and I don't have room.

My big problem is with SP's, hence the Machamp. How many Energy do you end up running in your Flygon deck (I run 14)?

- Croatian_Nidoking

it should be 2-2 weavile, its more consistent that way.

4 Bebes
4 Roseannes
4 Candy
2 NM
1 Switch
1 Warp
3 BTS
1 Speed Stadium
1 Luxury Ball
2 Cynthias

simple and works. You dont need all the fancy stuff.

Most of the Flygons that I have seen and played against have played Pokedex and Drawer as their consistant and effective draw engine.

Also why bother with Speed Stadium? Not only would that benefit your opponent equally, but it just adds another thing to go against Sand Wall.

Back