Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Translators At Worlds

deoxysfan

I would like to thank the translators at this years world championships for doing such an amazing job.

Each and every one of you were absolutely wonderful and you all had a perfect approach to the job at hand. You were competent, willing, eager, kind, polite, funny and absolutely wonderful to work with.

You also showed great team spirit and you worked really well together. Being part of the translator's team is not as simple as it might seem to some. You are forced into a situation where you have to work in a team of people of different nationalities, languages and cultures and you have to please not only a very demaning team leader, but also the players, the parents, the judges, PUI and everyone else. And you did it beautifully.

Some of you also did a great job helping out with side events or even running at the grinder - thank you for your offering your help where it was needed.

To me it was a great privilege to work with you and I think of you all with fondness and love. I would be more than happy to work with you again - if you'll have me.....

You were all great representatives of the game and of your county - true diplomats.

lots of love
Mama Pia

P.S. There's Big Daddy Snorlax.... May I be Big Mama Pia?

Pia -

You and your Team did an OUTSTANDING job this year. The longest I had to wait for a translator was about 15 seconds. Your Team's rapid response and by-the-book translations made Judging multi lingual players a pleasure.

Thanks to all!

Steve

Edit: I like Mama Pia

Thx Pia and all the translators. As Steve noted, they were fast as lightning to respond. Only had 1 wait and that was due to being the 3rd one in line for the Italian interpretor.

Keith

Yes, you and your team were excellent Pia! I had two double translations, and they were handled really well. Many thanks to you all :thumb:

Nigel

Pia for President!

You und your translator team were amazing :)

For me, worlds would not be the same great event without you!!!

Hopefully we see us again soon *.*

Robin

Back