Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Treecko's Dutch Nationals Report

Treecko

I'm lucky to still be 14 and get 15 a week after nationals.
A few days before Nationals i decided to play Lunarock, as i thought it had the best chance of winning.
Well sunday 28th i wake up at 7 and start to get up, eat a bit and get ready.
We (my dad and me) had to drive about 1.5 hours so we got there around 9.30
The tournament should start at 11.00 but it starts "a bit" too late: around 13.00 :rolleyes:

Well here's the report:

1st round BYE (for winning CC)

2nd Round VS. Bas with Poliwrath/Milotic ex (win)
I get normal setup, so does he.
I can kill his first poliwag T3 and removed an energy from his feebas on the bench.
He comes with milotic ex with 2 nrg and does 60 to my lunatone. I do 60 dmg again.
He kills my lunatone and i take a new lunatone to kill his milotic with strenght charm.
then he can get an poliwrath but i kill it too so he can't come back anymore.

3rd round VS. Reinout with Dark Slowking (win)
I start and foresight. He attaches an energy to a benched slowpoke and wishing star with his jirachi.
I play ER2 and discard his nrg, and play mentor for 3 solrocks. I play a cursed stone to fninsh the jirachi off asap. another jirachi comes and he wishing stars again and attaches another nrg to slowpoke. I ER2 again and discard another nrg, then kill his jirachi. Then he comes with the slowpoke and tells me i won

4th round VS. Jeanette K with metatrode (win)
One of our own players.
It was a horrible game for her, i started and she got a lonely voltorb.
i foresight and she says to me, i need a basic otherwise you win. and she topdecks an metang

5th round VS. David B with Flariados (win)
I got normal setup and he says he got a bad hand. So when its his turn he plays an admin.
He gets like 2 eevee and 2 spinarak and a stadium and something else. so im lucky.
I get a good hand back again, and just do my thing like ER2 etc.
He cant get back good so i win.

6th round VS. Björn N with Flygon ex (lose)
I get my normal setup but he gets like a godly hand or something.
He gets T2 magcargo with Holon ruins and he's building up a flygon.
(WHY did i remove my Crystal shard the day before Nats? xD)
i cant do much but still try to get back, and it works.
I get back to like 2 or 3 prizes but then i cant do more, so he wins. GG

Well i finished 2nd so got Top 8

T8 VS. Robin Neef with Typholosion ex/Pigeot/Metagross (yeah weird deck xD) (win)
First game is easy as hell. He gets a lonely beldum and i ko him T2.
Second game he gets 2 full typholosion ex, a pidgeot (though he couldnt use it due to my solrock :tongue: ) and a metagross.
I play down a cursed stone early game and he doesnt get any stadiums. So some dmg already for the typ and pidgeot. A bit later i play my reversal to ko his first typholosion. And after that i try 2 more for the other typholosion an ko it too. Then he cant do much more so i win :clap:

YEEY atleast i got my invite for now :)

T4 VS. David B with Flariados (again) (lose:frown:)
First game we both get normal setup but for some reason hes always flipping heads and i dont. So it isnt going well. At the end its 3 prizes for me and 1 for him. He just killed one of my pokemon so i sent out a solrock LM. I thought i could try and kill his flareon ex but i didnt see i attached an energy root to my only Lunatone :eek: so no retreat for me and he wins.

Second game is like the first, like almost no heads for me and many for him. I can live with that for now.
Anyways i get a bit behind. But i can make some great comebacks with strenght charms to ko his ariados in once. When i got like 2 prizes and he 1, and he has no ariados left i just try to use my solrock to paralyze him and the cursed stone to damage him, though the cursed stone was there for some turns.
his flareon is paralyzed and got 6 dmg counters. I got an luna on the bench with an energy. then he admins me. I got 2 cards and luckily an energy. So when he ends his turn i retreat and just do 40 dmg because i got 2 solrocks in play :tongue: so i ko him and just after that time is called.

So thats a sudden death for us now.

We start both with a normal hand. Normal setup and we try to give each other no prizes. I did 40 to his ariados and he retreats, for another ariados. He gets the flariados combo and i see it coming, next turn i can play mentor for 2 more solrocks and i have an strength charm in my hand, though i see my poor lunatone who is confused and burned and got 70 damage. If i flip heads i can retreat and ko the ariados, if i flipped tails my luna was ko and he would win.
So i pick up my dice and we both get very nervous, i roll my dice and he yells like: TAILS!! and yeah it was tails :mad:

GGs David

So too bad for me but at least i got my invite to worlds :thumb:
Well i got my third place trophy and a box of HP :eek: (first time we get a nice prize support)
When it's like 22.00 we can finally go home and i came home at 23.30 very tired.
Next day just some normal stupid school day and i had to get out of bed at 7.00

+

- Getting invite
- Samuel getting first
- First time for a better prize support than normally

-

-Manuel (XXL) finishing third too (NOOB!)
- Not getting First
- Losing T4 on a #$%@#$% COIN FLIP

Treecko :cool:

11-14 was finally interesting (normally you and jeanette straight off win) =p
Are you going to worlds?
GL if so, and you guys really need some training on 'energy rooting' :p

and Kevin needs some training keeping DX Solrocks in play while having a Lunatone with 70 damage XD

GJ on getting 3rd Arco, I know it's awful losing on a coin flip, but you were really cool about it afterwards. I know David liked his games against you best of the games he played that day. Time limits are dumb.

the enrg root's there good but i hate them afterallXD i get a lost becuase i make misplay with it the same as arcoXDXD

It was in the envelop with forms I got, and I think everyone in the Top 4 got that envelop... It's got stuff in it about your invite and a Worlds booklet with luggage tags.

GJ Treecko! Sorry to be late in answer but i read all your reports yesterday...
Your deck was really good, it's a pity losing in this way...
As i know you will go at Worlds i'm very happy and hope to join you soonhttp://pokegym.net/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif
:clap:

Fireborn said:
It was in the envelop with forms I got, and I think everyone in the Top 4 got that envelop... It's got stuff in it about your invite and a Worlds booklet with luggage tags.
i got an envelope at the tournament with forms etc. but no booklet and tags?
or should i get that with the post or something?

btw thanks andceo :smile:

Back