Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Trivia 2009 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ763

Trading Mod Supervisor
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Went to Newbury Comics on Friday (supposed to go to Shaw's to get Sugar Cooking mix but....) and picked up the only issue they had of Scrye (and the 2 issues of Inquest) they had to get the promo Bagon. When i got home ripped them open and put the cards on my bureau for later. Well i went to give blood at the mall and after stoppped into the collectible store there, Toy Vault. They had many issues of Scrye (but none of Inquest) so i bought 2 more copies and went home. When i opened them up, there was NO Bagon promo! Got the DBZ promo and LotR Hero Clix poster but there was no Bagon promo. So be careful when you buy Scrye, you might not get the promo.

No. 45 divided by 3:
15. Which Pokemon Supporter allows you to “search your deck for up to 3 Pokemon Tool cards, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand.”

Last edited:
Purchasers are advised to use to use their x-ray vision to determine whether or not the magazine actually contains the promo.

You guys do have x-ray vision, right? ;)

Probably a collating error or something (how was the card inserted into the magazine?).

Last edited:
Some poeple are just unlucky, I guess. I know it's not my case, because I found no less than 5 Bagon promos in the issue of Scrye I bought two days ago!

Pixelboy said:
Some poeple are just unlucky, I guess. I know it's not my case, because I found no less than 5 Bagon promos in the issue of Scrye I bought two days ago!

i got 7 of the inquest in one issue, and 3 of the scrye in the scrye issue............now just to get that gencon one lol :D

The magazines were sealed. So must've been a coalition problem (so you that got multiples - please share!).

The tough part is checking because of the LotR poster - the cards are between it and the magazine.

But i did pick up 2 more issues (after checking that the card was in there (stupid poster!!!).

But you shouldn't have to buy 3 copies of one magazine, and 2 copies of another magazine, just so that you can get a card, especially when it was the main reason for you buying that magazine!!! (unless you were specifically buying it for the LOTR poster. :p ) They should take more care in their Quality Control, so that this is never a problem. :(

With a box of matches, it's not a big deal, coz you get a few matches and you were going to burn them anyways, and you would only need one match at a time. This is somewhat different...

Given this is a numberless promo reprint with exactly the same art as the normal bagon card I am kinda getting cheesed off at Nintendo's poor promos.

So far we haven't had anything that makes you go WOW that is an awsome card and I for one think they are in danger of making promo's worthless...

Bad collation on card sets, uninspiring promo's well that makes collectors mad for a start and players aren't far behind. Complete a set with Holo's, Reverse Holo's, Rares and Uncommons not likely out of 6 boxes opened I am still missing some Holo Rares.

Deck Building becomes a nightmare finding the Rarer than Rare Uncommons and don't get us started on the misprints.

Yes beware of buying scrye for another uninspiring cynical marketing ploy!

Last edited:
GuardianTim well i have 3 boys, try to do 3 sets, and money to burn. Got to somehow figure out how to get 3 SoCal GenCon ones.....

'pro yeah but a promo's a promo.... would've been too much to have the 7-11 Flygon as a promo i suppose (if they can make 7-11 Pikachu & Meowth promos, they should have the rights to all 7-11 promos. All they'd have to do is release Whispur or whatever it's name is as a promo and TA-DA! Instant new promo!).

When the Kyogre promo came out I bought 2 magazines that I later found out were VERY cafefully opened and the promo taken out. I small slit is all that is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back