Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tropius GL

squirtle75

Well, here's some of my fake Pokemon cards.

Tropius GL :grass:80HP
Basic Pokemon(SP)(Winona's Pokemon)

:ppowr: Solar Power
You may use this PokePower once during your turn. If the Defending Pokemon is a :fire: Pokemon, Tropius GL's attacks do 20 more damage to the Defending Pokemon. This PokePower may not be used if Tropius GL is affected by a Special Condition.

:grass::colorless Fruit Blast 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness::fire:x2 Resistance::water:-20 Retreat Cost::colorless:colorless

Exploud GL:colorless 90HP
Basic Pokemon(SP)(Norman's Pokemon)

:colorless:colorless Big Shout 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy Card from the Defending Pokemon. If tails, this attack does 10 damage plus 10 more damage.

:colorless:colorless:colorless Hyper Voice 40
Both Active Pokemon are now Confused.

Weakness::fighting:x2 Resistance:None Retreat Cost::colorless:colorless:colorless

I will post more as I think of them.

Last edited:
Kingdra E4:water: 90HP
Basic Pokemon(SP)(Drake's Pokemon)

:colorless Tail Whip 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your Deck for a :water: or :fire: Energy Card and place it in your Hand.

:water::water: Dragon Blast 60
Discard an Energy Card attached to Kingdra E4.

Weakness::lightningx2 Resistance::grass:-20 Retreat Cost::colorless

Correct me if I'm wrong on the Trainer's name. It is the 4th member of the Hoenn Elite Four.

Salamence E4:colorless 100HP

:pbody: Intimidating Aura
Attacks from all Pokemon SP do 10 less damage to Salamence E4. When Salamence E4 attacks a Pokemon SP, Salamence E4's attacks do 10 more damage.

:fire::water::colorless Draco Meteor 80
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a :water: Energy Card attached to Salamence E4 and the Defending Pokemon is now Burned. If tails, discard a :fire: Energy attached to Salamence E4.

Weakness::colorlessx2 Resistance::fighting:-20 Retreat Cost::colorless

Last edited:
Well, here's some of my fake Pokemon cards.

Tropius GL (G) 80HP
Basic Pokemon(SP)(Winona's Pokemon)

Poke-POWER: Solar Power
You may use this PokePower once during your turn. If the Defending Pokemon is a :fire: Pokemon, Tropius GL's attacks do 20 more damage to the Defending Pokemon. This PokePower may not be used if Tropius GL is affected by a Special Condition.

(G)(C) Fruit Blast 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: (R)x2 Resistance: (W)-20 Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

Exploud GL (C) 90HP
Basic Pokemon(SP)(Norman's Pokemon)

(C)(C) Big Shout 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy Card from the Defending Pokemon. If tails, this attack does 10 damage plus 10 more damage.

(C)(C)(C) Hyper Voice 40
Both Active Pokemon are now Confused.

Weakness: (F) x2 Resistance:None Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)

Kingdra E4 (W) 90HP

(C) Tail Whip 10
Flip a coin. If heads, search your Deck for a :water: or :fire: Energy Card and place it in your Hand.

(W)(W) Dragon Blast 60
Discard an Energy Card attached to Kingdra E4.

Weakness: (L) x2 Resistance: (G) -20 Retreat Cost: (C)

Salamence E4 (C) 100HP

Poke-BODY: Intimidating Aura
Attacks from all Pokemon SP do 10 less damage to Salamence E4. When Salamence E4 attacks a Pokemon SP, Salamence E4's attacks do 10 more damage.

(R)(W)(C) Draco Meteor 80
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a :water: Energy Card attached to Salamence E4 and the Defending Pokemon is now Burned. If tails, discard a :fire: Energy attached to Salamence E4.

Weakness: (C) x2 Resistance: (F) -20 Retreat Cost: (C)

Let's consider each card. The Tropius GL is a well-made card. I think the Power would be more understandable as a Poke-BODY, and perhaps active whenever a Fire-type is in play. Fruit Blast is a reasonable attack, but I don't know whether its Retreat Cost may be too high.

For the Exploud GL, I think its HP could be 10 higher, since Exploud cards frequently have higher HP than others. Its attack may be a little underpowered, particularly the first one. Compare it to Gliscor E4 from Rising Rivals. So, I'd recommend that you have the "tails" effect be +20 damage. Also, the Hyper Voice attack--is it intended to confuse only Exploud and the Defending Pokemon, or all Actives (in the case of a 2-on-2 battle?) If the former, the text should say "Both this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon are now Confused." If the latter, it should say "Each Active Pokemon is now Confused (both yours and your opponent's)."

For Kingdra E4, the Tail Whip attack has a reasonable effect, but the name of that attack doesn't match with other Tail Whip attacks in the card game. Dragon Blast is a fair attack too. However, the Grass-type Resistance doesn't belong on this card--even in the video games, Kingdra has a neutral defensive matchup against both Grass and Bug-types. (If you were going by "solely Dragon," it would make more sense.

Salamence E4 I think is a little overpowered. The HP is fine for an SP form of what would normally be a Stage 2. For Intimidating Aura, the first effect makes sense (c.f. Intimidating Fang), but the second effect is over the top. I also think that the Draco Meteor is underpriced and/or has too much damage for the Energy cost.

Back