Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TRR Box info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachyoto

Okay I was just wondering what is the ratio for EXs (and the shinnings) in this set?

I know with FR/LG you get 3 EXs and a Secret EX (legendary birds) in each box. What about this set? Also what is the ratio for the blister boxes? (the 24 booster packs box)

People have been averaging that the Shinings come in 1/3 boxes. Check the rare or too rare post in this same forum for more detailed info.

EX pokemon seem to be rarer in this set than any other. I got 14 packs and no EX, and others only got one to two EXes in the day.

After 2 boxes, I got 6 EXs, 3 per box. But, I got NO star Pokes.

"PUI Introduces Ultra Rares to non-Japanese Pokemon!"

PUI STILL has a problem understanding the difference between a rare card and an uncommon card. A rare TRR card is only about 20% more rare than an uncommon card. Thats a FAR cry from other TCGs where the difference is typcally 200-300% (2-3 times).

Ehh..

I got Two Regular Jumpluff, Two Regular Dark Slowking and 2 EX's in my box that i got for Judging. Rarity seems more random in this set.

Wow, they are really THAT rare? At the end of the tourny, I got 8 booster packs with a holo Suicune ex and Scyther ex. I must had been really lucky if that's how rare they are. :eek:

Leo said:
well for my pre we have 13 ppls and 130 booster used we only have 2 person with ex and 1 with the star thing...
wow the ex are really hard to get
Leo, We had Articuno, sorlax blah blah blah!

SteveP said:
After 2 boxes, I got 6 EXs, 3 per box. But, I got NO star Pokes.

"PUI Introduces Ultra Rares to non-Japanese Pokemon!"

PUI STILL has a problem understanding the difference between a rare card and an uncommon card. A rare TRR card is only about 20% more rare than an uncommon card. Thats a FAR cry from other TCGs where the difference is typcally 200-300% (2-3 times).
Actually, I think that a number of uncommons are rarer than a lot of rares.

Well during our Pre-release, the box that had opened had Rocket's Sneasel, Suicune, Scizor and Torchic.
Then when the 2nd of boosters were given depending how many wins each partcipant garnered), one got a Hitmonchan and Moltres and another I could not recall. Well anyways... since our prerelease is over I believe most of you know the prerelease card was. :)

Last edited:
So from the sounds of it 3 EXs per box, or 2 EXs and a star card, right? That's 1 EX or 1 star card in every 12 packs, seems that people aren't sure yet though, kind of confusing.

I had 3 EX's and a star in mine. My box was the only one that had a star pokemon in it, and from what I gather, most boxes had 3 EX's in them.

mozartrules said:
I just opened 3 boxes. A total of 7 EX Pokemon and no Shining Pokemon at all!
How very strange. I wonder if there is any ratio per box at all. Maybe it is only ratio per packs instead, and some are lucky to get more.

mozartrules said:
I just opened 3 boxes. A total of 7 EX Pokemon and no Shining Pokemon at all!
Stop now! You'll spend tons more money buying boosters and trying to complete the set than if you just trade and buy singles.

SlimeyGrimey said:
wow. Its a good thing the ex pokemon in this set suck.
I think the EXs seem weak, but they're not. They are extremely fast because all of them are Basics except Scizor ex, and they all can use Darkness Energy, Rocket Energy (which boosts their speed), and also Rocket's Hideout to get an easy +20 HP. (20 extra is a lot considering the exs have a good amount of HP already)

From what I'm seeing and reading, I think *'s fall in with the general "ex" rarity and it's just luck if you get 3 exs or 2 exs and a *.
Or even 2* and an ex, for that matter.

Now, even with that, with the number of ex and * Pokemon in this set, you're looking at about 4.5 boxes to get a complete set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back