Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

TRUE STORY - Pokemon Card Sells for $10,500!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
[gal=42953]Prerelease Raichu[/gal]​

This is a PokeGym exclusive. The Pokemon card that every Pokemon card collector has dreamed about owning, prerelease Raichu, is changing hands in a deal that will complete on April 1st. The very existance of this card was in doubt until proof of it's existance was revealed on the PokeGym three years ago.

In short, this card is one of a few misprints that were created when the Jungle prerelease Clefable was printed back in 1999. Most of these misprint cards were destroyed, but a very few, around 10, were saved. It is not known how many still survive, other than this copy. It is a card that has been on every serious collector's wish list, but until now any hope of obtaining it was in vain.

The buyer and seller wish to withhold their identities, but we can confirm the following information.

The buyer, Will-iam on our forums, is a serious Pokemon collector. While his collection is relatively small in numbers, he makes up for it in quality. Aside from the newly acquired PR Raichu, Will has some of the top Japanese collectible cards such as University Magikarp, 1999 Tropical Wind, and a Player's Club Umbreon. English cards in his collection include sets of World Championship promos (stamped with each top-cut grouping up through Finalist) as well as a No. 1 Trainer card. Will has also invested in getting most of these cards graded, which tends to increase their value geometrically.

Will was able to work through a series of contacts in his search for this card, assisted by Spookees. Spookees is also a member of our boards and runs an eBay Pokemon shop. Spookees gained the assistance of PokeGym staff to contact an ex-Wizards of the Coast (WotC) employee that had one of these rare cards in his possession. The card owner had turned down many offers in the past, but this offer turned out to be too good to turn down. Now, with this confirmed sale, the Prerelease Raichu takes its place as one of the most valuable Pokemon cards in existance.

The card is currently in transit and is due to be delivered to Will-iam on Wednesday, April 1st.

Will this sale flush out any of the other remaining Prerelease Raichu and bring them onto the market? Time will tell.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW!!!! This is the crown jewel of any Pokemon collection. Very nice addition to Will-iam's collection.

Also, very nice of him getting such a good scan to us.

The scan is from the previous owner. You'll note the lack of will's water mark on it.

Very true, I missed that. No matter what, if that was mine, I would want it buried with me.

So I would like to know if there are any other extremely rare cards like that. If so please post them or tell of them. I hear there is supposed to be a real size version of the articuno zapdos and moltres card out there. Not the jumbo version. The only other card besides mesprit Lv X. that does 200 damage. That I know of at least.

im sorry to be sceptic , i would totally believe this if it wasn't for the fact that's aprils fools day. LOL

Oh that's right, April 1st is almost here. I wonder what's in store at the Gym this year ...

BDS :lol:

Someone pulled out a Shadow Pikachu at league today as an early april fools joke...

I was all like, "Oh come on, I can beat that! I'll just supreme blast ....wait...7 times??" @_@

Oh well...at least it's still affected by Downer Material...lol. (Wait...is that a 'status affect change'?)

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Well I wouldn't put it past Pokepop to do something like this (no offense Pop) I mean last year IIRC he worked with Pokebeach and they both posted the same joke news.

I mean he could eaisly get a random account and say it is someone no one has heard of (since will-iam) is not a big poster, and was only made at the beginning of march
-Get Spookees, who is reputable for being the middle person of BIG trades to back-it-up
- Reasonably could not reveal Buyer and Selller because their is none
- It comes on April 1st
-There is a "wink" the pre-release raichu thread in the Stat/collecting forum

this isnt a joke this discussion has been goin on for a couple of weks at least and spookes even talked to me and alot of other people that this was real so ,i think its cool to see one of thses cards get passed around hopefully more to come lol congrats to will for getting ahold of one =] but it cost a pretttttttty shinnnnnny pennnny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back