Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

trying to make a viable Flychamp for BR's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon:

3-2-3-1 Flygon Lv. X line (RR)
2-1-2 Machamp line (SF)
1-1-1 Nidoqueen line (RR)
2-2 Dodrio line (SV)
2 Spiritomb (AR)
2 Uxie (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 BTS
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
1 Palmer's
1 Warp Point

Energy:

5 :fighting:
1 :psychic:
1 basic :dark:
3 :colorless::colorless:
3 Call

Strategy: Machamp is for one-shotting SPs and the occasional Legend Pokemon, as well as quick-and-dirty donks. Flygon is for tougher targets, disruption, and to provide mobility. Nidoqueen is for healing. Uxie is for early-game setup, while Dodrio provides middle-game draw power (and a buff for Flygon's Power Swing).

The thing is, I can set up pretty quickly, but I sometimes have problems getting my Energy cards out (even with Inerviewer's Questions). Also, I have problems facing Kingdra, Jumpluff, and sometimes Vileplume. Any matchup help would be greatly appreciated.

- Croatian "gonna Flygon now" Nidoking

you could just have another fighting in the deck do retreat Tomb,
then if you draw it late game it wont matter.
Or Unown Q so you can search it with Collector or Bebe's.

Since you can Collector for Bronzor then DG to get Bronzong i would take out the Interviewer's Questions.

I was confused at first too. He means to retreat Tomb by means of attaching the Dark to Flygon, which is smart.
That dark energy can also be used to fight out of Chatter lock.

-1 Flygon
-2 Spiritomb
-2 Interviewer's
-1 Bebe's
-1 Dark

+1 Machamp Lv.X
+2 Energy Exchange Unit
+1 Flygon Lv.X
+1 Expert Belt
+1 Pokemon Comm.
+1 Ditto LA

Machamp Lv.X is such a good resource to have, esp. since you already run Premier.
IMO Tomb hurts you more than helps you. If you ever open to a Tomb, you have many outs (Bebe's, Collector) to get Ditto out and copy D.G.. Energy Exchange Unit is better than Interviewer's bc of your high energy count of 12. The 2nd Flygon Lv.X is a suprise threat to SP that they will not be ready for 9/10 times. Another Expert Belt and Comm. for consistency. Good Luck!

^ I can't afford a 2nd Flygon Lv. X, and having Machamp Lv. X = one extra prize card for my opponent. Also, my main problem is getting Energy in my hand in the first place, not having the right kind of Energy, and Energy Exchange Unit only swaps Energy for Energy.

Only 3 Bebe's? Not on my clock. 4 helps me recover more quickly.

And why Ditto vs. DG? It's gonna run into the same Resistance problems as Flygon does.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Machamp X is a must! Youre not supposed to drop it just to give your opponent an easy price but to take out a big thread. And its worth it. Dodrio is bad, dont even bother with it, Cyrus > Interviewer IMO, Uxie X if you have one and then just add more supporters, lookers and cynthias

I'll take your word on 'Champ Lv. X, but I only have 1 Uxie Lv. X, and he's in my SP deck. Couldn't afford to put 1 in every deck. Besides, he nerfs Power Swing, while Dodrio (and Bronzong) buff it.

Cyrus might be redundant with 'Zong around. Get basic Energy (and possibly shuffle in extraneous Trainer cards) with the 'Zong, then use Energy Exchange Unit to get my DCE's and the like.

What do you folks think of:

-1 Warp Point
+1 Warp Energy?

- Croatian_Nidoking

I'm just wondering, why does it matter if its in another deck? You can only play w/ one at a time so why not just trade it out of the other deck (at least for a major tourny)? I was thinking at first that maybe you loan the other deck out, but I'm sure whoever it is that would be playing it would understand. I mean, your nice enough to lend them a deck- they shouldn't be too picky. If this is not the case then what is the reason for resistance to the switch-out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back