3 Gold Berry
2 Darkness Cube
3 Power Charge

Energy: 17

4 Darkness
4 Boost
2 Warp
7 Fighting

Strategy: Get T-tar out quickly and use Boosts to damage quickly, looking for an early knockout. Furret helps to get the darkness out onto the T-tar for added punch later in the game and Gold Berries keep the big guy around for a while. The Power Charges get the special energies back in the deck for Furret to get if needed. The cubes are there to get rid of the other guys Gold Berries using "plunder."

Concerns: Is four T-tars too many? Hopefully I'll only need one or two to do most of the work. Do I have too much switching power? All of the Pokes except for the babies have retreat costs, and T-tar's is four, but will I need to switch out five times or more? Should I use Elm's Training instead of Trader? The only other supporters I have are the three Guardians and the single Fisherman.

I want to keep this modified legal. Thanks for the help.

Terrible mix. The number of Trainers makes it look like you support Trainermon, which is a bad thing. A rule of thumb: NEVER play more than 24 Trainers in a deck. I try to play balanced 20-20-20, never deviating by more than 4 Trainers in the higher direction.

Now here's my fix:

-1 Larvitar (Aquapolis)
-1 Pupitar (Aquapolis)
-1 Tyranitar
-2 Cleffa (Neo Genesis)
-3 Sentret (Neo Revelations) (doesn't even exist)
-3 Professor Elm
-3 Pokémon Breeder
-1 Fisherman
-3 Forest Guardian
-3 Gold Berry (the worst healing card in the whole game)

+1 Larvitar (Expedition)
+2 Pupitar (Neo Discovery)
+3 Cleffa (Promo #31)
+3 Sentret (Neo Discovery)
+2 Copycat
+2 Town Volunteers
+2 Energy Stadium
+3 Moo-Moo Milk
+3 Fighting Energy

EDIT: Oops, original fix had 26 Trainers. Reduced that to 24.
EDIT2: Removed a card not in the deck in the first place. Now the numbers check out.

Last edited:
Don't listen to Carrington. He doesn't know what he is talking about. There is no rule about how many trainers you use, and thats just his perferred opinion. I ALWAYS use over 20 trainers and it has always worked.

For my fix, I'd just redo everything carrington did.

Carrington was right about exactly one thing -- there is no Sentret in Neo: Revelations. The one from Discovery is a good choice. Other than Forest Guardian (unusual choice, but not necessarily a bad one), I see nothing wrong with this deck as is.

Thanks, guys, I meant the Discovery Sentret. I like the versatility of Guardian. No matter what I need: energy, trainer, Pokemon, if it's in those seven cards, I can get it. By the way, Carrington, my original deck only had 1 Pupitar in it in the first place, how could I get rid of two? Shall I start on the Gold Berry debate again?

Last edited:
I 've reworked this for the new modified. I especially like that T-tar is resistant to psychic, so maybe that will help against Gardy ex.

Pokemon: 19

2 Larvitar (Exp)
2 Larvitar (Aq)
1 Pupitar (Exp)
4 Tyranitar (Exp)
3 Sentret (Rev)
3 Furret (Aq)
3 Dunsparce (SS)
2 Solrock (SS)

Trainers: 24

4 Prof. Elm's Training
3 Oracle
3 Pokenav
4 Rare Candy
1 Fisherman
3 Switch
3 Master Ball
3 Energy Charge

Energy: 17

4 Darkness
4 Boost
2 Warp
7 Fighting

Strategy: Get T-tar out and use Boosts to damage quickly, looking for an early knockout. Furret helps to get the darkness out onto the T-tar for added punch later in the game.

Concerns: Is four T-tars too many? Hopefully I'll only need one or two to do most of the work. Do I need to put in something to support him such as Espeon or Xatu? Do I have too much switching power? All of the Pokes have retreat costs, and T-tar's is four, but will I need to switch out five times or more? The only supporters I have are the three Oracles and the single Fisherman, but do I have enough draw power with Oracle, Master Ball, and Solrock, or do I need to find space for POR? How about Shards?

Does this look like a CC worthy deck? I hate to play archetypes (what's the fun in that?), but I'll bring my Amphy deck if that will give me a better chance. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Not sure you should be excavating a thread this old, but I will at least give you my responses to this new version. The combo of T-tar and Furret is a very good idea. Xatu would also be good as support (Otaku built a deck on that very combination early on in his current series of decks). The Trainers aren't bad, although I would consider dropping the PETM's and Pokénavs for 2 Crystal Shards, 2 Ancient Ruins, and 3 TV Reporters. I'd also drop the Fisherman for a Town Volunteers.

Carrington is back, I was wondering where he had been up to. I guess it's safe to assume you didn't take anything of Carrington's advice. Now for the deck, I don't think Boost tyranitar is a really good idea, it tops damage at 60 (without darkness) and sure second turn 60 damage with possible bench damage is nice, but I think it would be safer to just power each Tyranitar on it's own, I think Double Rainbow will be more feasible for this deck, that way you'll have a constant turn 2 tyranitar doing 60 damage, whilst you power up a second one with 4 darks maybe opr something to replace the first one. I don't think taking 4 turns to power up 1 tyrnanitar is quick enough for today's metagame, so double rainbow should seriously speed up the deck ALOT. Just hang onto March 15th ;).

-MuD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back