Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turn 3 Giratina

Magic_Umbreon

Researching Tower Scientist, Retired
Does this Giratina see any play since the release of :colorless::colorless: energy? I like the look of the LvX card in putting some fast pressure on. Expert belt perhaps?

Nope. I haven't seen anyone rock that one myself, but that's crazy BRILLIANT vs. anything that's not Garchomp X or Nidoqueen infused.

I RAN that, and only NOW do I see this thread. -_-

Dude welcome to MY world. I've been playing tina since PLs release last feb and not until last month after states did I see ANY interest in Giratina...for goodness sakes people...

Personally, before DCEs release and a for a split second after, this was amy second favorite tina under let loose. Now with DCE and the current format, BSB pulls into the lead with let loose in 2nd for its disruptive capabilities. Still a good card tho.

it's silly to say "let loose is better than this". it might be as a card on the whole, but if you're running a Giratina deck, you would run BOTH let loose and this giratina (and maybe another depending on your build). that's like comjpatring uxie to claydol when you would almost always run BOTH in a deeck.

I tinkered around with a Giratina/Ampharos disruption deck. Idea was to let loose, spread with the Over Slash Giratina and its Lv X, and drop Amphy PL to shut off poke-powers to basically disrupt the opponent (Giratina Lv X's Poke-Body helps as well). Ampharos also shuts off Healing Breath and you can easily fit in 4 reversals and a lucario gl to bring up a nidoqueen and ohko it. the deck is alright, but not amazing or anything.

Spread = dead unfortunately.

That's actually not true. It was, but consider:

• Jumpluff rarely if ever runs Nidoqueen or other anti-spread and is one of the most played decks ATM.
  • More decks are opting to run Dusknoir DP to counter Jumpluff over Queen since so few decks even try to spread.
  • SP can only heal spread a limited number of time, and can't heal spread to their non-SP stuff like Uxie, Mesprit, or whatnot.

Of course some decks do still run queen and it can limit your options ... however that's why I ran Reversals & other decks ran stuff like Luxray GL & Lucario GL. You can bring the Queen up and she's weak to Giratina....

Oh it'll see play come August.... Oh yes it will see a LOT of Play * Breaks into Wicked Evil Laugh*

Ok, let's put it this way...if spread isn't dead, and no one plays Nidoqueen as everyone's saying, why isn't anyone using spread? From what I remember, none of the top 10 or so decks have anything to do with it either. So yeah...if no one's using it or winning with it, sounds pretty dead to me.

The let loose giratina is better IMO, but that could start making a possible apperance. But I highly doubt it due to that people are looking more for the hand disruption more than anything else.

My deck is very much not the kind of deck I usually see dicused here, but it does have a heavy does of Giratina. Let Loose, BSB and Wrack are all in there, and with expert belt and Bucks, I've been dominating my play group. DCE is a huge boon, obviously, but it's not that hard to find a decent disruption wall to hide behind for a few turns while you get the 'Tinas ready.

Back