Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Turn Two Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixidor89

I've been thinking about this one for a while. The idea is to get acension grimer active on your first turn and evolve to legend maker muk. This severely limits your opponent's options. The second goal is to get out Unseen Forces Houndoom on the bench the very next turn.

This stops many important parts of a conventional set up, such as:

Rare Candy
Jirachi
Holon Transceiver
Pigeot

And much more...

My dilema with this idea was that with the small amount of basic pokemon that would generally be in the deck, it would be very easy fo my opponent to get around houndoom's pokebody. My solution to this problem is to use fossils. You can use 12 of them, They can easily be gotten rid of so that grimer can quickly use ascension.

This is the general build.

Pokemon: 16

4 Grimer LM
4 Muk LM
4 Houndour UF
4 Houndoom UF

Trainers: 32

4 Claw Fossil
4 Root Fossi;
4 Mysterious Fossil
4 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Lanette's Net Search
2 Desert ruins
2 Cursed Stone
4 Celio's Network
4 Great Ball

Energy: 12

4 Rainbow Energy
8 Grass Energy

I did have the idea of having a holon engine in there, but then I realized that it wouldn't be as effective as lanette's. Lanette's can search for both grimer and houndour without a discarding so its probably the better choice.

My friend has made the same deck and went though a whole tournement not giving the LBS any chance. (He won after slaughter of 2 LBS and a couple ZRE)
Any way I would Suggest just keep the Great Ball in but take out the Lannette for
4 ERG Removal for extra distortion. And Rockets Admin would be nice the fossil are also an idea but not nessesary when you have NO DRAW CARDS. So
- 4 Lannette
+ 4 ER2
- 2 Swoop
-2 Fossil
+ 4 Admin

This deck is really nice T2 but will fold if the can get anything slow built up to do 70+

I like this idea very much. Houndoom is one of my favorite cards in the game.
@ixidor89: have you done any research on HP? Houndoom is not the indestructible card that some would make it out to be. I would throw in a Shard to counter Latios/Latias.

Please, keep on doing what you're doing, and provide this community with creative (and somewhat playable) ideas.

I figure that when Holon Phantoms comes out, I'll thow in one or two space center to counter them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back