Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

twitchy's 1st place GA gc report

twitchy lv x

ok so my mom is kind enough to drive me to GA with my sister and her friend so we drove 7 hours while watching movies. so we get there at 2 a.m and i go to bed. i wake up at 9 a.m when i call kyle and he telling me it opens at 11. am. so we eat breakfast and hiedi came like 30 min. later and miranda,orion, julien and me started to talk and eat. and she tell me that i can play binder instead of metanite and im releaved that i was playing binder. i get to the store and meet up with kyle, bobby, jim, and aaron and started to goof off and stuff until the store opened later we registed and the event starts! so here it goes

1 round
bobby vs. me(binder vs. binder)
ok so i wasnt expecting to fight him this early in the tourny. so anyways we start to set up and i get a t1 pidgoet and a fast steelix and i knock out his pidgeot. he kills my steelix with the latias* and i knocked it out with my pidgeot. he gets a steelix and kills my pidgeot i think so anyways i get my lastias* and kill it. he gets his porygon2 to kill my latias* and the only move i had was to admin him for 1 card and kill the porygon2 with my lugia. now i knew this was going to cost me the game cause he could get a super blasty and kill me for the win but if he didnt i would win. so he actually gets the super blasty so im gussing he pulls a holon electrode and top decks a water energy or the other way around and power tree for the win.
0-1 gg

round 2 me vs. alex (rock lock)
ok so i get the worst start i could possibly get and i just wait until i get everything ready and i kill his t-tar with my lugia and then i retreat for my steelix and kill his pidgoet. he got another t-tar and i kill it with lugia a few turns later they call time and its a tie so he has a pidgeot vs. a lugia who its at 80 hp so i switch or retreat(i cant remember) i knocked the his pidgeot with my new lugia for the win.
1-1 gg

round 3/me vs. alex( there were so many alexes there)metanite with hp kabutops
i get a bad start vs. metanite so he gets out a fast draggy and i wait until i get a pidgeot and as soon as that happends i get a fully loaded steelix( i already had a blasty set up) and knocked out his kabutops in the bench cause he got heads in agility. for the next few turns theres notting he can do cause steelixs resistance and its one hit kill everything against his deck.
2-1 gg

round 4 me vs. lindsey (flygon ex)
ok. so i get a good start and we both start setting up and start snipping her bench and she gets a flygon and i knock some thing out in the bech and i trick her to knock out my steelix and i kill her with my lugia and the rest was just me knocking out stuff.
3-1 gg

round 5 me vs. jason(dustox with ursaring)
he gets a fast dustox and starts knocking things quick and i kill him with latias* and i bring a steelix and start sniping him. he did got me to 2 prizes but i turned the game around and win.
4-1 gg

ok so top 8 is like this
jason(dustox with ursaring)
bobby(binder)
miranda (binder)
tess(binder)
i forgot the kids name(sorry)( georgia with crawdaunt)
another kid that forgot his name(sorry)(metanite with flygon d)
santiago/twitchy(binder)
chris meahl (haryama with houndoom)

note: their not in order

parings are
bobby vs. chris (bobby wins)
miranda vs. kid with metanite( miranda wins)
tess vs. kid with georgia with crawdaunt( tess wins)
twitchy vs. jason (dustox with ursaring)

to tell the story short i get t3 latia* to kill the dustox and a few turns later he folds.gg
round 2
i get a bad start while he has it fast and i lose. gg
round 3
ok i set up with jirachi and kill his dustox and he knocks out a couple of mine and i get a steelix and start snipping the bench while he has a coffing active and i get his until 2 prizes and since he sends up the dustox leaving me with a 100 damaged steelix and i play latias* retreat the steelix and power tree i knocked out the dustox for the win. the reason i did that was cause i could only quick search for holon magneton so thats the only move i had which was to retreat him and i had the rest of the cards for the latias kill. gg

top 4
bobby vs. miranda (miranda wins)
twitchy vs. tess

ok so she gets a lugia start and i get make a wish jirachi with pidgey, squirtle, and an onix with out een mentoring which is very nice so i wish and get a fast pideot and she kills my jirachi with lugia and i come with latias* and kill it then she kills mine with her latias*. then i kill hers with pidgeot. and she passes and i get a steelix and knocked out her benched lugia and then he pows my blasty and its a blasty vs. blasty fight so she does 80 and my turn so i switch and lugia kill for the win.gg

second game it kind of the same as the first one though she kills my blasty and i get a new one on my turn and i win.

top 2
twitchy vs. miranda

round 1
this was one of the best matches ive had so here it goes. i get t1 pidgeot and and we both start to set up and we both got steelix ex fast and started to knock out stuff. i killed her pidgeotto with the steelix and she kills my pidgeot with her steelix. its pretty much hitting back and forth. i bring latias* and knock her steelix out. then she comes with her latias* and kills mine. and then i retriever my latias* and knock her out and she get gets a super blasty and kills for the win.
0-1 gg

round 2
she didnt got energies for a couple of turns and i got set up and i started to kill her, she pows my blasy and kills it but i get another blasty in my turn and at the end she devo flashed my blasty and i candy blasty, lugia kill for the win.gg(i dont remember much)
1-1 gg

round 3
omg i get a god start n she doesnt get basics n i draw a jirachi(wishing star) and i have a lugia start and she has an onix start. so she goes first and attaches energy and pass. my go i adventurer for 3 get t1 blasty and all im missing is a water energy for t1 game but i pass. she admins thank god and i get everything i need. so she switches n starts to wish. my go i mentor and kill the jirachi. she makes a wish for pidgeotto and ends. my go i kill it. her go she get pidgeot n stalls wit the onix. my go i kill the onix, thats 3 times in a row. her turn she kills lugia with it pidgoet. i bring the pidgeotto retreat n kill it with another lugia. her turn she devo flashes my blasty when i already have a pidgoet in my hand and the judge calls TIME!! so its 1 to 4 in my favor in prizes( i knocked out something else i just dont remember) she ends her turn passin and i win!!gg

props:
my mom for driving me there
the judges for doing a great job, the free pizza,and the pikachus
hiedi and miranda for letting me borrow the cards
jin for winning 15+
aaron, bobby ,and kyle for being there for me

slops:
kyle losing in top 4 cause of the prizes
bobby losing in top 4
driving 7 hours none stop
orion getting bad matches when i told him not to play jinx

Last edited:
*SCREAMS* TWITCHY YOU ARE GOING TO WORLDS *SCREAMS*!!!! I wish I was there I wouldve screamed for you lol. GJ you deserve it unlike some people who are going other places I know.

omg, u were twitching so much in the finals, and i got a video of it, gg twitch

hmm, 8-0 then killed by prizes, im good

twitchy ex said:
top 2
twitchy vs. miranda

round 1
this was one of the best matches ive had but so here it goes. i get t1 pidgeot and and we both start to set up and we both got steelix ex fast and started to knock out stuff. i killed her pidgeotto with the steelix and she kills my pidgeot with her steelix. its pretty much hitting back and forth. i bring latias* and knock her steelix out. then she comes with her latias* and kills mine. and then i retriever my latias* and knock her out and she get gets a super blasty and kills for the win.
1-0 gg

I will have to say this was one of the best head-to-head matches I have seen in a long time. The two players kept going back and forth, and knew excatly what eachother were going to do, and which Pokemon they were planning to knock out. It was a really great match to watch from two really good players. :thumb:

twitchy ex said:
top 2
twitchy vs. miranda
round 2
she didnt got energies for a couple of turns and i got set up and i started to kill her, she pows my blasy and kills it but i get another blasty in my turn and at the end she devo flashed my blasty and i candy blasty, lugia kill for the win.gg(i dont remember much)
1-1 gg

Is that a espeon ex in BLS o_O. anyway GJ on winning

twitchy ex said:
thanks and your right she is hard to beat .she already won southern regionals and fl states.

Nice job! When she has her head in the game, she's really tough. Nice addition to FL's 15+ not too long.

Back