Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Two-Card Compatibility Contest

Well, I just figured that I hadn't seen a really good Create-A-Card contest in a while, and I'd never tried starting one, so I figured I'd take a shot at it.

I'm gonna try and keep this contest pretty simple, you choose any 1 fully evolved pokémon, and you make 2 cards for it, 1 normal version and 1 pokémon-ex version. The only catch is that they have to be somewhat compatible, they don't have to have a Godly combo w/each other, but they just need to work somewhat well with each other (I.E. Gardevoir and Gardevoir ex) understand?

What you need to include on your cards: Name, HP, Evolution Stage, Type(s), "Evolves from", Pokémon-ex rule, 1 Poké-Power/Body (optional), 1-3 attacks, Weakness(es), Resistance(s), Retreat Cost

You can get a maximum of 100 points per card, and the 2 cards scores will be averaged out into 1 score. This is how the scoring will be done:

Attacks & Powers - 20 points
How realistic are your attacks? You don't want to make an attack do 100 damage for 1 colorless energy...

Grammar/Wording - 15 points
This is one thing that I always put emphasis on. I've seen some contests with cards worded something like, "hit ur opponents bench for 40 damage and then remove an energy." Basically, all you need to do is word cards as they'd be worded if Nintendo made the card. Also remember there are some words that are always capitalized on the cards (I.E. "Energy").

HP - 10 points
Just make sure the HP fits the card, No 150 HP Dunsparce please.

Type - 10 points
This is almost a free 10 points... Just make sure the type fits the card, dual-types are fine.

Weakness/Resistance - 10 points
If the weakness and resistance make sense, you're fine. No more than 2 of each please.

Retreat - 10 points
Again, pretty obvious. No free retreat Wailords, and you'll be fine.

Spelling - 10 points
I'll try not to take off for typos (I.E. "adn" instead of "and"), but if I believe that you actually don't know how to spell the word, I'll take off points.

The "DUH" factor - 10 points
Obvious stuff... Don't make a Lanturn that evolves from Ralts... Don't create a new type... Don't make ex's worth 3 prizes... etc...

Miscellaneous - 5 points
Anything I might've missed...

Only 1 entry allowed per person. I'm going to try and end this contest a week from today, so as of now, the last day to submit an entry is June 7th, I should be able to get results done fairly quickly. Good luck people.

Feraligatr
110 HP
[W]
Evolves from Croconaw
Weakness: [Grass]
Resistance: (none)
Retreat: [CC]
Attacks:

Poke-BODY: "Draining Rain"
Whenever your Opponent attaches a Special Energy card to his or her Active Pokemon, you may flip a coin. If heads, your Opponent discards that Special Energy card after attaching it to his or her Active Pokemon. If tails, place 1 damage counter on your Opponent's Active Pokemon.

[WWC] Flooding 10+
This attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each Basic [W] Energy card in play not used to pay for this attack's cost.

-----------------------------------------

Feraligatr ex
160 HP
[W]
Evolves from Croconaw
Weakness: [Grass], [Lightning]
Resistance: (none)
Retreat: [CCC]
Pokemon-ex: When your opponent Knocks Out a Pokemon-ex, he or she takes 2 prizes instead of 1.
Attacks:

Poke-POWER: "Torrential Downpour"
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may discard one Special Energy card from your hand. Then, draw 2 cards from your deck for each unit of energy discarded in this way.

[WWCC] Power Shower 20+
This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each unit of Energy provided by a Special Energy card in both your discard pile and your opponent's discard pile. Both players then shuffle all of their Special Energy cards from their discard pile into their deck.

Last edited:
Glalie (W) 70HP
Stage one Pokemon.
Evolves from Snorunt.

Poke-Body (Frost Stick)
As long as Glalie is in play, your opponent can't remove any damage counter from his or her Pokemon.

(W)(C)(C) Glacier
Flip a coin. If heads, put two damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon. If tails, put one damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon.

Weakness (M)
Resistance
Retreat Cost (*)

Glalie ex (W) 90HP
Stage one Pokemon.
Evolves from Snorunt.
When Pokemon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

(W)(C) Frostbite 30+
This attack does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on the Defending Pokemon.

(W)(W)(C) Icicle Trap 50+
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. If tails, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage and the Defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness (M)
Resistance
Retreat Cost (*)(*)

Last edited:
Raichu
90HP
(l) pokemon
Evolves from Pikachu

Pokepower Evolution wall If Raichu is played on a basic Pikachu, discard Raichu immedately.

(l)(c) Rainbow Slash 20x This attack does 20 damage times the number of types of energy that are in play that only act as one type of energy.

(l)(l)(c) Mega Storm This attack does 10 damage to every pokemon for every energy attached to that pokemon, but does nothing to any of the active or defending pokemon. Apply weakness and resistance to benched pokemon.

Weakness (f)
resistance (m)-30
Retreat cost (c)

Raichu ex
140HP
(l) pokemon
Evolves from Pikachu
Pokemon ex rule: When Raichu ex is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 prizes instead of 1.

Pokebody Baby-Aid For every pichu in play, instead of having the baby evolution pokepower, every pichu in play now has this pokepower: If Pichu is the active pokemon, and your opponent attacks, they flip a coin, if tails, their turn ends without an attack. At anytime during your turn (before you attack), you may play Pikachu on Pichu. This counts as evolving your pokemon. Also, if a Pichu takes damage, move 1 damage counter from the Pichu to Raichu ex.

(e) Agility 20 Flip a coin, if heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to your pokemon until the end of your opponent's next turn. Also, Raichu ex's retreat cost is zero until the end of your next turn.

(e)(e)(c) Bench Guard 60 Until the end of your next turn, your benched pokemon cannot take any damage from any effects of attacks, pokepowers, pokebodies, or stadiums(this effect does not end if Raichu ex is benched). Raichu ex will take 20 extra damage from your opponent's attacks (before applying weakness and resistance) until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Weakness (f)
Resistance
Retreat cost (c)(c)

Latios
70 HP {P}
Basic Pokémon

Poké-POWER Color Superiority
When you play Latios from your hand, any {C} Pokémon with Delibird, Aerodactyl, Vibrava, Flygon, Latios, or Latias in their names that are not Pokémon-ex and all cards attached to them are discarded. (No Prizes are taken.)
{R}{W} Dragon Onion Flip a coin. If heads, each Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. 20
{P}{P}{P} Psybeam Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. 40

Weakness: {D}
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

Latios ex
100 HP {P}
Basic Pokémon

When your opponent Knocks Out a Pokemon-ex, he or she takes 2 prizes instead of 1.

Poké-POWER Color Superiority-ex
When you play Latios from your hand, any {C} Pokémon with Delibird, Aerodactyl, Vibrava, Flygon, Latios, or Latias in their names that is a Pokémon-ex and all cards attached to them are discarded. (No Prizes are taken.)
{L}{G}{F} Luster Purge Discard 3 Energy attached to Latios ex or this attack does nothing. 100
{P}{P}{P}{P}{P} Psycho Blast Discard 4 {P} Energy cards attached to Latios ex or this attack does nothing. 140

Weakness: {D}{W}
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}{C}
If you take off points for wrong type, I WILL appeal. Not only can Latios be {P}, it should ONLY be {P}.

Last edited:
Gyarados - Stage 1 Water Pokemon - 90HP
Evolves from Magikarp

PokeBody: Scatter - When you play Gyarados from your hand to evolve your active Pokemon, shuffle all basic Pokemon on your bench and all cards attached to those Pokemon into your deck.

(W)(C): Breech - If your opponent tries to attack Gyarados on his/her next turn, that player flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

(W)(W)(W)(C): Aquatic Blast (60) - You may discard 2 (W) energy from Gyarados when you use this attack. If you do, this attack does 20 more damage to the defending Pokemon and 10 damage to each benched Pokemon (yours and your opponents)

Weakness: (L), Resistance: (F), Retreat: (C)(C)(C)

---

Gyarados EX - Stage 1 Water Pokemon - 120
Evolves from Magikarp

When this Pokemon is knocked out, the opponent draws 2 prize cards instead of 1.

PokeBody: Big Fish in a Small Pond - When you play Gyarados EX from your hand to evolve your active Pokemon, each player discards all basic Pokemon on their bench and all cards attached to those Pokemon. Neither player draws prize cards for Pokemon discarded this way.

(W)(C): Quick Strike (50) - This attack's damage isn't affected by weakness and resistance.

(W)(W)(W)(W): Water Cyclone (120) - Return all (W) energy attached to Gyarados EX to your hand.

Weakness: (L)(G), Resistance: (F), Retreat: (C)(C)(C)(C)

Lanturn (W/L) 80HP
Stage 1 evolves from Chinchou
[Poke-]Body]: Lightning Absorb: When ever a (L) energy is discarded, (both yours and your opponents) instead of discarding them, attach up to three of them to one of your benched pokemon.

(L)(*) Shock Disable: If the defending pokemon had a poke- power/body, it is disabled until the end of your next turn.20

Weakness: (F) Resistance: (M) Retreat Cost: (*)(*)

Lanturn EX 140HP (W)(L)
Stage 1. Evolves from any pokemon with chinchou in its name.
[Poke]power]: Thunder Charge!!: One during your turn. (before you attack) Choose one of yur benched pokemon, and move all its energies to Lanturn EX.
(L) Thunder call: Search your discard pile for as many (L) energy cards as you like and attach them to any card with Lanturn in its name.
(L)(*)(*)Thunder BLAST: You may discard as many (L) as you want from Lanturn EX this attack does 30 damage + 30 more damage for each energy discarded in this way.
Weakness: (L)(F) Resistance: (M) Retreat Cost: (*)(*)(*)

Last edited:
Venusaur
(G)
110 HP
Stage 2 -- Evolves from Ivysaur
Weakness: (R)
Resistance: (W)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

Poké-Power: Grasping Vines
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may flip a coin for each Pokémon in play. Draw a number of cards equal to the number of heads. You may not use this Poké-Power if you have already used a Poké-Power named Grasping Vines this turn, or if Venusaur is affected by a Special Condition.

(G)(G)(G) Wild Vines
Flip a number of coins equal to the number of (G) Energy attached to Venusaur. For each heads, put one damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon.
Weakness: (R)(P)
Resistance: (W)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)

When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Poké-Power: Energy Holder
As long as Venusaur ex is in play, if a Special Energy card would be discarded at the end of a player's turn, ignore that effect. Any other effects of Special Energy cards still happen.

(G)(G)(C) Energy Reversal 20x
Flip a number of coins equal to the number of Energy your opponent has in play. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads. Then, for each tails, if you have any Benched Pokémon, search your discard pile for a Basic Energy card and attach it to one of them.

(G)(C)(C)(C) Card Shark 20+
You may discard any number of cards from your hand. This attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each card discarded in this way.
Note: If you have any questions or comments regarding these cards (I think I made them pretty easy to understand, but...), please send me a PM. I know these cards are a little wierd, but IMO, the TCG needs more wierd cards.

Typhlosion
110 HP
Type: Fire
Weakness: Water
Resistance: None
Retreat: (*)(*)

Poké-Power: Team Barrier - If Typhlosion and Typhlosion EX are your Active Pokémon, attacks do 30 less damage to them (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If Typhlosion is your Active Pokémon and Typhlosion EX is not your Active Pokémon but is on your Bench, attacks do 20 less damage to either Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

(*)(*)(*) - Grasping Strike - 40- - You may either discard up to 3 basic Energy cards form the Defending Pokémon or attach up to 3 basic Energy cards from your discard pile to any of your Benched Pokémon. If so, this attack does 40 damage minus 10 damage for each Energy card affected by this attack.

(Fire)(Fire)(*) Agile Flames - 50 - Flip a coin. If heads, until the beginning of your next turn, ignore the effects of any attack that tells you to put damage counters on Typhlosion.

Typhlosion EX
160 HP
Type: Fire
Weakness: Water, Fighting
Retreat: (*)(*)(*)

Poké-Power: Team Barrier - If Typhlosion EX and Typhlosion are your Active Pokémon, attacks do 30 less damage to them (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If Typhlosion EX is your Active Pokémon and Typhlosion is not your Active Pokémon but is on your Bench, attacks do 20 less damage to either Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

(Fire) - Steal Power - 30- - You may attach a Basic Energy card from your discard pile to Typhlosion EX. If you do, and if the Defending Pokémon has any cards attached to it, choose 1 of them, discard it, and this attack does 30 damage minus 10 damage for each damage counter on Typhlosion EX. If this attack does no damage, draw a card. If you don't attach a Basic Energy card from your discard pile to Typhlosion EX, this attack does 30 damage minus 10 damage.

(Fire)(Fire)(Fire)(*) - Fallen Flames - 60+ - This attack does 60 damage plus 10 damage for each Fire Energy card in both your and your opponent's discard piles.

Last edited:
Thought I might try something un-popular. Don't blame me if they suck, I dared myself to do this...

Jynx
80 HP
Basic [P]/[W] Pokemon

Poke-Power: Slippery Hand
Once per turn, you may flip a coin. If heads, you may treat all [P] energies on your side of the field as [W] energy until the end of your turn.

[P] [C] Psyshock 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now paralyzed.

Weakness: [P]
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

-------

Jynx EX
110 HP
Basic [P]/[W] Pokemon

[P] [C] Sleight Shock 30
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. If tails, the defending Pokemon is now confused.

[W] [W] [W] [C] Blizzard 60
This attack does 20 damage to each benched Pokemon(yours and your opponent's) that is not [W] type.

Weakness: [P]
Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Walrein 100HP (W)
Evolves from Sealeo
(W)(W)Hailstorm-20+
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each heads.

(W)(W)(*)(*)Blizzard-60

Weakness-Electric
Resistance
Retreat Cost-***

WalreinEx 120HP (W)-Ex Rule
Evolves from Sealeo

PokePower- Icy Water
If the Defending Pokemon tries to retreat during your opponent's turn, your opponent must flip a coin. If tails, the Defending Pokemon can't retreat until the beginning of your opponent's next turn. This power stops working if Walrein EX is affected by a Special Condition.

(W)(W)(W)Hydro Pump-40+
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each heads.

(W)(W)(W)(*)(*) Sheer Cold-70X
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 70 times the number of heads.

Weakness:Electric
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:****
Oops... I keep getting confused at those parts...

Last edited:
Eevee234 said:
Walrein 100HP (W)
Evolves from Sealeo
(W)(W)Hailstorm-20+
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20+ 10 more damage for each heads.

(W)(W)(*)(*)Blizzard-60

Weakness-Electric
Resistance
Retreat Cost-***

WalreinEx 120HP (W)-Ex Rule
Evolves from Sealeo

PokePower- Icy Water
If the defending pokemon tries to retreat, let your opponent flip a coin if tails, the opponent can't retreat for this turn. This power stops working if Walrein is affected by a special condition.
(W)(W)(W)Hydro Pump-40+
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 40 damage plus the number of heads.

(W)(W)(W)(*)(*) Sheer Cold-70X
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 70 times the number of heads, if both are tails this
attack fails, not even damage.

Weakness:Electric
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:****

Major grammar errors (I will correct them for you):

1: (W)(W)Hailstorm-20+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each heads.

2: Poke-Power- Icy Water
If the Defending Pokemon tries to retreat during your opponent's turn, your opponent must flip a coin. If tails, the Defending Pokemon can't retreat until the beginning of your opponent's next turn. This power stops working if Walrein EX is affected by a Special Condition.

3:
Eevee234 said:
(W)(W)(W)Hydro Pump-40+
Flip 2 coins, this attack does 40 damage plus the number of heads.
Yay! I can do 42 damage if I get two heads! LMK how much additional damage is done for each heads and I'll fix it.

4: (W)(W)(W)(*)(*) Sheer Cold-70X
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 70 damage times the number of heads.

You don't have to mention that 0 heads=0 damage [unless you are playing with 3 year olds :)]

Last edited:
Back