Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on tyRam (my likely nats deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhawk

Hey all I am extremely torn on what deck to play. This deck is my personal favorite and the one that I am most comfortable with. However, I could run the predicted BDIF, MagneBoar. All that being said, here is my tyRam list. Let me know what you all think:

Pokemon (17)
4 Reshiram
2-2 Ninetales
3-2-3 Typhlosion
1 Cleffa

Trainers (29)
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Professor Oaks New Theory
2 Engineer's Adjustment
2 Rare Candy
4 PlusPower
3 Junk Arm
2 Defender
4 Pokemon Reversal

Energy (14)
12 Fire Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy: The basic strategy is to start with a Reshiram active. Build your bench to two Typhlosion Primes and 1 Ninetales. Then spam Reshiram and strategically use Typhlosion to disrupt the opponents energy.

Explanation:
-The lone Cleffa: Many people are running 3-4 Cleffa and at least 1 Tyrogue in their deck lists. However, I absolutely HATE having a stupid baby in the active slot, staying asleep, and wasting turns of attacking. I also HATE the thought of opening with a lone Cleffa and getting donked by stupid Tyrogue. However, I do understand that Cleffa can save your from bad hands. So, I put one in my list as a searchable PONT. According to Pokepedia, I only have a 5.45% chance to open with a lone Cleffa. I think I can stand those odds.

-Engineer's Adjustment: I have not seem people playing Typhlosion run this card, and I do not understand why. There is no down side. It is a free four cards and then you can bring the energy back easily. I am considering moving this to a 3 count and taking out either one Plus Power or one PONT.

-I am also not sure what is better 4 PlusPower and 3 Junk Arm or 3 PlusPower and 4 Junk Arm. What do you all think?

So, I need you opinions.

u cant beat magneboar, and also any water deck

Really bro? I suggest you playtest a bit more. This can beat MagneBoar and Blastoise/Floatzel (the most talked about water deck). I am not saying that either is necessarily a favorable match up, but neither is anywhere close to and auto-loss either.

MagneBoar: This deck will, almost everytime, set up faster than MagneBoar and between Reversal and Baby flips, they only have a 25% chance to wall early game and not give up early prizes. Then With 4 PlusPower and 3 Junk Arm hitting a double drop to OHKO MagneBoar and RDL. Also, those Lightning Energy are precious for MagneBoar, and Typhlosion can bleed the deck of Lightning Energy. Also, four Reversals gives you a good shot to pull up Emboars and make them waste Switches or Energy re get it out of the active. That being said, I am considering putting in Bouffalant to get retun KOs on RDL.

BlastZel: I used to think that this was an auto loss game for tyRam. It is not. Again it is an up hill battle, but discarding DCE from Blastoise with Typhlosoin is very important. And you with 4 PlusPower and Junk Arm, everything can be OHKOd by Reshiram or Typhlosion.

Admittedly, this deck would struggle mightily with Samurott Decks.

Next time try to think things through and please be constructive. Not just saying basically, this deck sucks and loses too much.

3 Junk Arm and 3 Plus Power should be enough, IMO. Plus Powers aren't needed every turn and 4 Junk Arm just seems to clunk up my hand early game.

Take 1 reshiram away, include 1 oshawott and samurott, add another candy, reduce pokemon reversals to 2 or 3, same for plus power, include at least 1 energy retrieval, 1 more engineer instead of a PONT, a third DCE and you are done

Awesome advice, is wise to prevent people from learning a way to beat magneboar.

Then I guess you don`t need any more help

You're suggesting tech that relies on Rarecandy to provide weakness advantage over 2 cards- Reshiram and Emboar. Beyond that, you're suggesting that he put in tech that is weakness disadvantage over the other card in Magneboar- Magnezone.

My suggestion- Cut the DCE's for 2 more Fire Energy. Except for a first turn Outrage they are not doing anything more than what a Fire Energy could do for your Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back